If you had the stomach to watch, I noticed Barry kept pushing smart guns over and over again. Much like Gore pushed climate change over and over again while at the same time investing heavily in the companies that make green energy. Will smart guns be the next liberal cash cow since they know they obviously can't ban them?

• Like 1

That horse is long-dead from the beating it got back in the 90s with the Clinton assault weapons ban. Biometrics and fingerprint readers don't work very well when covered in blood, and if the gun needs a ring or bracelet to fire, a thief simply needs to steal the enabler device with the gun to make it work. Battery dependence is also a big problem from a reliability perspective. And if the link between gun and enabler device is RF, (Bluetooth, wifi, etc.), then that link can be jammed, and anyone with the right hardware could disable all smart guns in the area before launching an attack.

• Like 3

Half a billion "dumb" guns in private ownership. They never say what their brilliant plan does about that. In order for "smart" guns to do what they claim they need to get rid of "dumb" guns. But just because they aren't saying it doesn't mean they aren't thinking it.

• Like 4

He said the word "register" a few more times last night than I wanted to hear. Smart and dumb guns will be registered. Dumb guns will be confiscated first and smart guns can be remotely disabled. Done.

• Like 1

Half a billion "dumb" guns in private ownership. They never say what their brilliant plan does about that. In order for "smart" guns to do what they claim they need to get rid of "dumb" guns. But just because they aren't saying it doesn't mean they aren't thinking it.

They know that. Problem is, they probably view that as an opportunity to confiscate if the "smart gun" dipshittery catches on.

If the Hilda beast gets in, they will spend BILLIONS to set their friends up 'converting' dumb guns into smart guns. Most of these companies will do work so poorly that the gun is no longer usable. Others will just go chapter 13, and the Government will melt down whatever guns that havn't been completed and shipped!

• Like 1

I can tell you right now what the plan is. Get smart gun technology passed as obligatory, then prohibit the sale of mechanical guns to the public and get it ruled as constitutional by selected supreme court justices. ( The 2nd Amendment doesn't restrict the gov ability to prohibit the manufacture of certain types of weapons, will be their argument.)  This will in turn make traditional ' transferable' firearms prohibitively expensive collector items.  The NFA and Regan Hugues amendment set the blueprint for them. 

Now.. this doesn't mean that they will be successful but it seems like a reasonable course for them to pursue.

Every pimple puss hacker sitting in mommie's basement with an old Mac will be hacking away at 'smart' guns the day they hit the street!

I would be too. I've hacked paintball gun boards which are probably better made electronics. 

Can I get a WAS boarded AR with all the cheater modes? I guess the cool kids would all have TADAO  O.Led guns synched to their phones.

Edited by GunFun

OTOH, if you root the fire control board (or fabricate your own replacement), you could disable the bluetooth crap and add an option to send a repeating timer signal to the firing solenoid...

Or better yet, you could reprogram it so it behaves normally with one bluetooth dongle, and only engages "special modes" when a second dongle is authenticated. It would be a hell of a lot harder to detect that by mere visual inspection than extra holes drilled and parts installed...

Something tells me the "smart gun" advocates haven't really thought this through.

The reality of a smart gun with a dongle is that most people are going to store it with the dongle wrapped around the grip so it does not get lost. So that is useless.

It would be very hard to get electronics that can take the beating of a real pistol round. And there is not going to be a way to secure the blocking device to prevent tampering, it has to be accessible to repair it and it will likely be some sort of control that locks in either enabled or disabled, as anything else would draw too much power for the on board battery. So it's possible even an idiot could bypass the safety system. 

• Like 1

Making electronics that can handle recoil isn't that hard--there are electronics in every red dot, night vision, and thermal sight, and they can handle magnum rifle rounds. And there are many industrial applications where electronics must withstand repeated vibrations and G-forces similar to recoil 24x7x365. The trick would be to make it tamperproof and hackerproof, and difficult to replace with an aftermarket board with an alternate feature set.

• Like 1

Every pimple puss hacker sitting in mommie's basement with an old Mac will be hacking away at 'smart' guns the day they hit the street!

Yep, we so wanted to get our hands on that German .22 just to make a video in order to show how fucking dumb it really was. Most geeks are pretty smart and therefore are pro gun.

• Like 2

They are marketing a people carrying 'drone'. They will market a "smart gun' no matter HOW unreliable or expensive. Practicality is not even an issue with them, this is POLITICAL and Bloomberg and Soros will not quit until they shove these up our asses!

No, they will not stop until they waste billions in taxpayer money giving firearm manufacturers incentives to bring therm to market.... for them to collect dust.

I dont see liberals giving ANY money to firearms manufacturers

They are marketing a people carrying 'drone'. They will market a "smart gun' no matter HOW unreliable or expensive. Practicality is not even an issue with them, this is POLITICAL and Bloomberg and Soros will not quit until they shove these up our asses!

They can only shove if you bend over

No, they will not stop until they waste billions in taxpayer money giving firearm manufacturers incentives to bring therm to market.... for them to collect dust.

I dont see liberals giving ANY money to firearms manufacturers

How about the billions of dollars spent annually by local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies for guns, ammunition, and other gear? 

What happens if government agencies start saying "We'll buy our guns from S&W because they only sell smart handguns to the public" or other such nonsense. Think Glock, Springfield, Ruger etc. (and of course their shareholders) are going to lose out on hundreds of millions of dollars when LEO agencies don't buy from them? So they'll follow suit and do the same. 

And there you have it, a 100% legal, 100% constitutional, 100% capitalist way of effectively eliminating sales of quality handguns to the vast majority of the public. 

Edited by blessthefall

I wont be holding my breath

No, they will have you holding a worthless piece of shit, while the gang bangers shoot you with an old revolver that does not have that crap in it. The Police are where the anti's have control. They own the big city Police Chiefs. Rank and file Cops are the only ones that HAVE NO SAY in what they carry.

• Like 1