Houston Gun Store Gets Visit From the FBI - Sold Gun to ISIS

...but Bathhouse Barry sells weapons to terrorists and it's OK?[/quote

And cartels

Edit:

So did nics miss it then? How is this the FFLs fault?

Or did they obtain ccw with fake id's also?

Edited by garnaz

"I got a bad feeling about this!"  What Luke said to Hans, Leia, (sp?) Obie and Cheewie (sp?) inside the cockpit of the Falcon long ago and far away?  Just got the shivers thinking about a possible shit storm rising.

I do not think the FBI is expressing blame on the TX FFL guy.  What is scary is the perp tango had a bunch of expensive valid passports on his person.  All fake and all valid.  Yep ... lots of money and crazy people.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

The only bad feeling I get is the Federal government's willingness to use this to further erode my constitutional right that I would use to protect this nation, those I love, and others around me...all simply for more power and control.

• Like 6

And cartels

Edit:

Used the info on the 4473 and verified against a fake passport. FBI indicated the fake passports are that good. Doesn't make sense to me. But then again, nothing in the Obama administration makes any sense.

Messed up as it may sound, obtaining fake IDs and passports is surprisingly easy. You can obtain fake American, Canadian, etc. ones that will even scan and everything. The holograms or see through parts or watermarks are all on point.

They're bought online, on the shadier parts of the internet or the deepweb. They'll arrive from China inside of a christmas card or in the sole of a cheap pair of shoes. You see these all the time if you live in a college town, tons of kids have them for getting into bars. Some people use them for fraudulent transactions as well. No doubt people have caught on and are using them for more nefarious purposes. 

I hear ISIS got a bunch of our armored vehicles and weapons by using a fake government to purchase them, then beating him up and taking them from him. Some we even gave to them.

Let the little guy take it in the ass, though. Only little people are required to follow the rules.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 1

And cartels

Edit:

I did not see any mention in the story that it was the fault of the FFL. The FBI was merely collecting the evidence of the transaction likely for court records to show that the person was doing something illegal.

Do we have a problem with the FBI arresting ISIS members for firearms law violations?

• Like 1

Any ID is available for the right price. Written language is only a day or two older than forgery!

+1

My brothers and I used to sometimes wait after school for an hour or so at the local library. I lived in an ag town that is ~80% hispanic, and probably a full third of those were illegal at the time. One of us misplaced our library card and the librarian set several shoe boxes on the counter to flip through in alphabetical order to find it. The shoe boxes were full of driver's licenses and social security cards that people used as bookmarks. Easier to buy another one than look for the one you lost. cheap enough that you would use it as a bookmark.

A few years later I worked in a govt department that dealt with crime enforcement. We would get cases every few months for people with fake i.d.s that were issued by the state. Someone who worked at the DMV was a crook and she was in charge of the computer system for the state that created i.d. accounts. They still don't know how many of the thousands of I.D.s she made are still out there. IIRC, part of the reason for the update to the QR code licenses my state now uses was to make the old style stand out.