I have never watched the oscars, this time I will

I've never watched them, never will. There are enough "awards shows" to give every actor one of some kind. They are the most self centered people ever! What if everyday workin folks had that many awards?? "AND THE PLUMBER'S CRACK OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO.............."  Even if they get their way, which by all accounts they are, as the Academy says its gonna change the way it does them, future awards will now be tainted to the point of rendering them completely worthless. Any future black nominee/winner will wear the stigma of doing so " only because they are black". They don't seem to want to discuss the "Black Awards", or BET, since those are obviously not racist. I say just cancell them all, no one will care but the actors.

• Like 4

Hollywood basically churns out garbage, very little of which is worth the time required to view it.  Anymore an Oscar is simply a marker on the garbage pile that tells me what probably stinks slightly less than the stuff right next to it.

The least worse films tend to get awards. If you make films that don't rise to the level of least worse, you don't get a prize. 

• Like 2

I've probably watched 20 min. of the Oscars my whole life.

Everytime I came to the same conclusion, they must love themselves. I'd bet a very small percentage of their viewing audience are Conservative Voters. The rest are lemmings.

• Like 1

Not that this will be "Oscar" related, but all the tabloids seem fixated on the movie "The Revenant". The premise was so close to the one Richard Harris starred in during the '70s called "Man in the Wilderness". Am I the only one noticing how Hollywierd recycles their films and tries to pass them off as original. My problem. I don't subsidize their bank accounts buying tickets. Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Neeson, Samuel Jackoff and many others on my shit list. Still root for Bruce Willis. Bubba Watson will always be an asshole.

Not that this will be "Oscar" related, but all the tabloids seem fixated on the movie "The Revenant". The premise was so close to the one Richard Harris starred in during the '70s called "Man in the Wilderness". Am I the only one noticing how Hollywierd recycles their films and tries to pass them off as original. My problem. I don't subsidize their bank accounts buying tickets. Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Neeson, Samuel Jackoff and many others on my shit list. Still root for Bruce Willis. Bubba Watson will always be an asshole.

Hugh Glass was a real frontiersman, who ventured out to the Missouri River in what is now Montana in 1823 as part of a fur trapping company. The movie is based on letters he wrote detailing his adventures, such as the bear attacks and other details I won't spoil for anyone. Historically the guy loved to tell tall tales, and also claimed to have been a pirate in the Gulf. So how much of it is true will never be known, which kind of is the point of a legend.

That said, Hollywood recycles films and makes the safe bet more often than not. You see this especially with sci-fi, action, and fantasy films. Pretty much everything is a reboot/remake or an adaptation of a comic book or maybe a YA novel. It's not political though, it's a financial decision.

As the cost of making a movie rises more and more each year (most sci-fi is in the ballpark of 75-150 million with many blowing past the 200 million mark) good luck finding investors or producers who are willing to bet that much money on a new script from an unknown director. 

They can go fuck themselves. I am sick of this white privileged crap, racist bullshit.  Eat shit and die.  How about just being a good human being, no matter what color you are?  And OMG, how about 'just do the right thing.'.  ...now there's a theory. 

Sorry, just tired of this bull shit. 

• Like 3

No need to watch this year, some white guy is going to win something. Seriously though, when Red Skelton hosts, then I'll start watching.

If Red is hosting I will damn sure watch, that whole back from the dead thing would be enough to get my interest.

God Bless