Expect a Saiga Price Increase for 2008

I don't know about that Cobra. Last year I was buying Saiga's at about $370 and only "selling" them in my conversions for $400. Then I ran out and had to buy a bunch at $450 and only got $400 for them when rolled into the complete gun price. I was taking a $50 loss on every one of them.

I raised it to $475 and now it looks like I may be paying more then that for this next batch, and I have locked in orders at $475. So just who is getting fucked over here?????????

Tony

I don't know about that Cobra. Last year I was buying Saiga's at about $370 and only "selling" them in my conversions for $400. Then I ran out and had to buy a bunch at $450 and only got $400 for them when rolled into the complete gun price. I was taking a $50 loss on every one of them.

I raised it to $475 and now it looks like I may be paying more then that for this next batch, and I have locked in orders at $475. So just who is getting fucked over here?????????

Tony

Its all your fault anyway. :haha:

Seriously! You are a household name at this point!

the price is going up more than that, guys.

I actually bought my first s12 for 500 at a gun shop. It was before most people knew about them, and the owner of the shop knew it was a russian AK in 12 gauge and he adjusted price as necessary.

I don't regret the purchase. I can't believe they were sub-500 bucks in the first place!

I got 2 at least, but I do want a SBS tromix s12 at some point.

We hate to be the bearer of bad news but expect a hefty price increase from the Russians on a Saiga Shotguns & Rifles in ealry Jan 2008 , it may be $15 -$25 on the basic rifles and $30 -$50 on shotguns & .308's .

It's still a good gun for the price. I don't mind a small price increase as long as they bring in more to meet demand.

We hate to be the bearer of bad news but expect a hefty price increase from the Russians on a Saiga Shotguns & Rifles in ealry Jan 2008 , it may be $15 -$25 on the basic rifles and $30 -$50 on shotguns & .308's .

Thank God, I just completed purchasing my second and third which I think will be enough for my needs! got the first one for $400 and was kicking myself for not buying them when they were $250. This time around I had a feeling there'd be another price increase coming one way or the other and bought ahead. Glad I did!

Tony

"Prices subject to change without prior notification."

...due to unforeseen market changes...

So how much if customer furnishes the S12?

Edited by Gunz4Fun

it may be alright if it is already converted but if they get much higher and you want a 7.62 it will be cheaper to get an mak or nhm from the pawn shop, sales will slow down. i'm glad i had gotten mine while they where still cheap. if they arnt converted already and they are 350-400 i wouldnt buy any. $300 is about all i would buy 1 for in 7.62 or .223, why spend that kind of money,by the time you convert it and all, i can get others for cheaper 400-450 at pawn shops for an mak or nhm,and not have to do anything but maybe put a muzzel break on it. greed is going to kill them

Edited by Cryptkeeper

Obviously, the price of Saiga's (and availability, thanks to Dr. Evil :lolol: ) has been a subject of much discussion lately.

But, as much as I would like them all to be $100.00 the fact is their still cheap.

A 100 year old design pump Mossberg goes for $400.00 give or take. A Ruger mini-30 is over $600. I'm seeing AK's for $500-$1000+. Now this is in broad brush stokes, I'm sure you savvy guys can do better, but you get the idea.

I got into this game late and I paid $459.00 for the S12 and $270 for a x39. thats fricki'n cheap when it comes to guns! I remember paying $400.00 for my first Glock like over a decade ago!

How many things in demand (gas,food, health ins) have not gone up in price lately?

Tony

Damn Tony! I had hoped you were getting a better price than that. My comment was based on the last new one I got from my FFL buddy less than six months ago. He said he had to pay $360 to his distributor (I believe that may have been Ellett Bros). At that time everyone else was asking around $450 before shipping. Anyway I got mine for $400 OTD. My local pawn shop buddy has about ten distributors with their ears to the ground he says and he sells em to me for $450 OTD.

Man I hope they don't go up much more. This is getting fucking ridiculous. :ded:

I payed 550 for my first one back in '04 on a FTF deal with a fellow member here. That was with 5 five rd mags though.

Cobra,

The problem is when the supply runs dry, I can't get "dealer" pricing anymore. I have to scrouge them up just like everyone else and pay retail+ on the open market. But if I don't do that, I have nothing to work on unless I have customer supplied guns sent in.

That BullShit about me making side deals is just that......I pay up just like everyone else.

Tony

The problem is when the supply runs dry, I can't get "dealer" pricing anymore. I have to scrouge them up just like everyone else and pay retail+ on the open market. But if I don't do that, I have nothing to work on unless I have customer supplied guns sent in.

Tony

Let's hope supply stays dry, so Tony can start working on customer supplied guns ;)

Call me, it can be boxed and shipped same day :P

Edited by John_pro2a
Cobra,

That BullShit about me making side deals is just that......I pay up just like everyone else.

Tony

Same here, I've paid over $450 for many S-12's. People keep saying that they use to sell for way less, so did my house. Prices are not going back to the CDNN blowout days, so buy as many S-12 as you can before they say remember when the stock Saiga 12's were only $600.

Aloha

LoL an AK for 1k OMG! id rather add 200-300 and get AR10 or M1a, LoL ,an AK for $1000 omg lol.ive seen them on gunbroker for that every once in a while. just shows ya that some ppl have more money that sense.

Some people prefer an AK over an AR for prolong stints in harsh environments. You could buy a low cost AK Century Arms or a higher end Arsenal, or even custom make one for more than $1000. Some people trust their lives to strangers and other form one on one relationships with gunsmiths. $1000 is nothing compared to your life. For some people these tools may work for one job but not the other.

Aloha

Cobra,

Tony

Put me on your scrounger list. I wanna make money in this Saiga gun craze. I find the guns, you pay for them and do all the work, hell yes! The sleeze ball middle man always wins, low overhead, my office (truck) is paid for.........

The price increase will go into effect from the Importer on new orders coming in from Russia for 2008 , we knew this was in the works for some time but it has been finalized . The biggest increase will be on the .308 rifles but everything else will jump a bit also , the price increase was handed down by the Russians to the Importer and ultimately it will trickle down to the retail customer.

LoL an AK for 1k OMG! id rather add 200-300 and get AR10 or M1a, LoL ,an AK for $1000 omg lol.ive seen them on gunbroker for that every once in a while. just shows ya that some ppl have more money that sense.

Remember during the ban when a 1000.00 AK was cheap. These times are coming again.

I think the Arsenal Krinks and SLR 105-107 series are good investments.Also any Valmet you can get for 1000.00

I also think the TROMIX brand Saiga will be like the Vollmer, Terry Dyer and current TSC machine HK conversions +$$$$$$.

Any other conversion will be just a conversion.

But just remember, It needs to be converted before another ban goes into effect.

Remember the serial number checks on the Bushmaster AR lowers. If you had a later date/S#,

It could only be a post ban configuration.

Edited by nib

Well, I'm glad I got my 2 S12's from Atlantic when I did.

can't believe how much the market price has jumped this past year alone.

Ya know. I think it's a good thing in a way.

It shows that interest has grown for our beloved platform.

This will ultimately lead to growth of the forum as well.

More people making US made compliance parts.

All you guys selling and converting will have very stable incomes,

people who sell Tapco will sell more g2's, I'll sell more Saiga related shirts.....

I thought that the currency exchange rate was a part of the problem here. The USD is very cheap in Europe at least. I think it is close to an all time low (counting recent yers anyway).

So anything you guys need to import is probably expensive compared to what it was a year or so in the past.

I find myself buying stuff from the US at bargain prices all the time now.

Cobra,

Tony

Tony you don't have tell me that bro. I've been sticking up for you in this bullshit from the beginning. You should see that long ass letter I sent pistolpimp, that I spent about an hour on just to make damn sure he didn't continue his crusade to make Tromix look bad. Apparently it did some good because the other PMs he referenced between he and Juggs was nothing but idle threats and big guy talk.