chirrrrrp, chirrrrp, chirrrrrp

Nothing but crickets here. Posting seems down a bunch. We aren't even planning a trip to AIG in Arizona or Moscow to get some of our favorite shotty accessories.

So, what's everyone doing?

Me, As soon as I hit send, I'm heading to the range! See yall in 4 to 5 hundred rounds! Oh, and about a half hour of gun cleaning afterwards.

B)-->

QUOTE(G O B @ Jun 16 2006, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blame it on politics. If the Dems are in they take away our guns, when the Repub's are in we are all working a bazillion hours to try to afford ammo!

G O B

Your spot on about working to pay for toys! I can't speak for anyone else, but were swamped at work, basicly unlimited over time if you want it. Not complaining, it's better than the alternative!

So, what's everyone doing?

I was gone to Idaho for a week for the Ironman 3 gun match. The required round count is always close to 1,200 between all 3 guns, and you shoot a lot more than that. The stages take up to 10 minutes to shoot and are very physically demanding.

troopersquad-4.jpg

www.cavalryarms.com/ironman2006/ironman-2006-1.html

Here's a pic of Trooper Squad (minus the ROs that shot it before we got there). Trooper requires you to carry everything you will use for the duration of the match from the start, except for what you can cache in a large .50BMG ammo can.

This was by far the best run Ironman match in the 5 years I've been there. The ROs were all great and very helpful.

Our squad was the best, and we tore through the stages when we were shooting them.

Don Langworthy, Cavalry Arms sponsored shooter, won Trooper and the M1A from springfield.

Travis Gibson was second in Trooper

I came in 3rd in trooper

props to Mike Gibson for sticking it out in trooper despite an injurred foot.

Only one shooter quit Trooper because his shotgun died on him 2/3 of the way through the match

Tennille is the first female shooter to compete in and complete Trooper class at ironman, or anywhere for that matter. For her efforts she will be getting a CAV-15 MKII receiver.

All shooters who completed the match in trooper received a free entry to our 3 gun match in Waco.

and at the end of the month I'm shooting 5,000 rounds in the Tactical Response Contractor Shooting Package Course...

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Well at least SinistralRifleman having fun, Avis/Budget fleets up over 6000 cars this time of year and you can't throw enough man hours at it to keep up. In the days before Cendant bought both companies we (Avis) were 88% GM, now I have every make you can think of to deal with (different on line manuals, different warranty policies, special tools). I'm not getting in to politics, but my Union wages are driven by the Dems, and my 2nd Amend rights by the Repubs. Too bad they all can't just think for themselves rather than party lines. Hopefully when some new products hit the market things will liven up around here. Almost wish McUzi was back just for the fights with Bvamp (not really).

Most of us are probably waiting on the damn mags. :unsure:

Nearly eleven months later(paid 7/27/05 and rec'd 6/12/06) and finally I'm not waiting anymore, but now suddenly the guy is concerned about this customer. Why? Because S-12 mags will be for sale here again soon from Ruseller. Caveat emptor. My latest reply to Andrei aka Ruseller aka AndyArts: (Read from bottom up)

Why would I be happy? You offered me 8-10 weeks delivery, what was the reality? You offered to refund the price of one of the three mags I paid for, supposedly for my trouble, but then only gave me the two mags I actually paid for, so where was my refund for the the more than eight month delay I experienced? I am going to tell the truth about you on the forum I frequent and you don't, other than to shill your goods that is, and if that's "negative" that's your own fault and not mine. You are free to tell the people there that you won't do to them what you did to me and if they choose to believe you, that's fine. But I will tell the true story to the people I socialize with on that forum everyday. What in the world makes you think that I would sacrifice my integrity by not informing my on-line community of my experience just so you can sell your stuff more easily? Perhaps you should have thought about that before you made you held onto my money for ten months and numerous broken promises? I intend to update the feedback thread on the Saiga.12 forum with the whole story including the fact that I finally did get my stuff nearly ten months after I paid for them. If you post an ad there I will suggest that people check your feedback. There seems to be a few people who had satisfactory experiences with you and maybe that will provide some level of balance to the ass-fucking I got. It is your record of achievement Andrei and you will just have to live with it the best you can. I do wish you the best of luck in getting them sold but it is going to have to be done with full disclosure of the track record you earned for yourself.

Darryl

-------Original Message-------

Date: 06/17/06 00:12:12

To: Darryl

Subject: Re[4]: Did you get the internal parts for Saiga mags?

Hello, Darryl.

Saturday, June 17, 2006, 6:01:01 AM, you wrote:

D> I got them.

So, are you finally happy? I need to know this, because I'm planning

to post an advertisement on Saiga-12 forum about selling these mags

from Germany. I have a couple (18-23) of these mags there and need to sell

them. Will offer 3-4 weeks delivery and 5% refund for each additional

day of delay. Thus I need to know, that you'll not post any negative

threads there. Please, LMK.

--

Best regards,

Andrei mailto:gunbroker@akstore.net

Please, visit my on-line store - http://www.akstore.net

Parts and accessories for AK & RPK Kalashnikov, SVD Dragunov, SKS Simonov,

TT Tokarev, PM Makarov, APS Stechkin, Mosin-Nagant and other Russian weapons.

Original Russian old and modern military and hunting field gear.

D> -------Original Message-------

D> From: Andrei Kouznetsov

D> Date: 06/16/06 13:31:20

D> To: Darryl

D> Subject: Re[2]: Did you get the internal parts for Saiga mags?

DaGroaner, Thanks for the headsup for the rest of us. :super: Like I posted before, noticed no bids on too many of his items lately and asked about dealing with. :smoke: Noticed a good supplier will keep informed, and if MURPHY causes problems, solves quickly. :super:

That looks like an awesome 3-gun, Sinistral! I'm jealous, I can't wait until I can consistantly afford those matches.

Some of y'all have already stated why I think it's kind of quiet:

1) This forum is already SO extensive that there's little else to be covered without going over the same thing again and again. A good search and everything imaginable is covered, so it's nice that it doesn't need to be covered again and again. I think we're slowly running out of new ideas to do to our Saigas.

2) We might be worried about a party swing since Bush's approval rating is so low. I'm buying the last of my "evil guns" and making them even more "evil" before 2008. My time is going into amassing high-cap magazines, cutting barrels back as far as possible, and adding as much "evil" accessories as imaginable before then, so it's taking all my time and money.

Those are my guesses for why it's quiet, but as for what I've been up to relating to y'all...

1) Collecting S12 5-rnd magazines. I don't know if these 10s are coming or not, but I for one will make my own if need be before 2008.

2) Making high-cap 20ga magazines...I'm talking 9rnd, 10rnd, 11rnd, 15rnd, and 16rnd magazines. Once they're bondoed and painted you'll see the pictures and the Norfolk crew will see them firsthand at the next competition.

3) Finishing my 20ga...it needs a good sling and a custom light rail.

4) Ordered my new 12ga and will get it/convert it next week/soon after.

5) Interfacing with Poly-Choke to ensure a nasty new 12ga device. I've always been skeptical of "muzzle brakes" so I decided to design my own and get it manufactured. :devil: Think "Mandula" but prettier, more effective, and with an adjustable choke.

Hopefully y'all are up to some exciting things as well...hope everyone's doing great. Have a great one!

Ok, I'm back to report.

Well I spent significant time tinkering at the range, then shot the 3 gun, and so I didn't get as many rounds down range as I wanted. And NO WHERE NEAR as many as you SR. That makes me tired just thinking about hauling that gear! NC has a recon match that requires all to be carried. What are the other classes, are they allowed to just haul the gear needed per stage?

Also, I've got to admit, that 1200+ rounds is staggering when you think that competitors need to load up (and unload on targets) and those rounds need to be scored! That's pretty amazing stuff. Are the course descriptions available anywhere? There maybe some ideas we could try locally, it'd be cool to get the round count up "a little".

For me ......

Rivanna isn't set up for multigun stages, each gun shot by itself.

Pistol skills failed me :/ Way failed me. I've got a good excuse that no one wants to hear.

Took second place in rifle. Fraction of a second two slow, hind site says I should have trusted myself, I ended up putting insurance rounds on 3 targets, all of them where not needed. I was churning pretty hard and having fun (I'd already blown the pistol portion :/). Heard one SO call it clean, the other said wait a minute and inspected every no shoot closely. (the theme was terrorists in the midst, lots of chances to nail an "innocent"). I don't think he thought that doubles and triples could be made in some of those tight spots.

Third in shotgun stage. I was impatient with my slug shots, and if I could count to five (load 5 birdshot ... Hmm tell me again why I put only 4 into that mag?), I would have OWNED that venue. Not because I'm good, but because the stages ended up being EXTREMELY saiga friendly.

First run start with 2 and only two slugs in gun. Then load 5 and only bird and shoot on the move, then load 3 bird and a slug.

Second run. Load 5 bird (I got it right this time), then 2 slugs and 5 more bird. When I first got there I saw a double row of 5 clays and thought, "oh great, a 'screw the saiga' stage" just knowing that it would involve a 10 round run. I was thinking ... "KEVIN, where are those 10 rounders!!!". But it turned out just the opposite because they dictated partial loads.

But, I'm SOOO looking foward to next weeks 3 gun match. Between limited practice and the match, I put less than 300 rounds downrange, so I'm feeling the need to bump that up a bit.

And I still have some cleaning to do :/

Ok, I'm back to report.

Well I spent significant time tinkering at the range, then shot the 3 gun, and so I didn't get as many rounds down range as I wanted. And NO WHERE NEAR as many as you SR. That makes me tired just thinking about hauling that gear! NC has a recon match that requires all to be carried. What are the other classes, are they allowed to just haul the gear needed per stage?

Also, I've got to admit, that 1200+ rounds is staggering when you think that competitors need to load up (and unload on targets) and those rounds need to be scored! That's pretty amazing stuff. Are the course descriptions available anywhere? There maybe some ideas we could try locally, it'd be cool to get the round count up "a little".

They have all the other typical classes, Tac Iron, Tac Scope, Open, and Heavy Metal...though hardly anyone shoots Heavy Metal at that match, it's a lot more difficult to do than Trooper.

Most of the targets are falling steel, self resetting steel, or breakable clay targets. Maybe 20% of the targets are paper, so for the most part the score keepers just need to keep track of hits and misses.

You could maybe e-mail MGM Targets and get the course descriptions...but they are REALLY long. The ROs tell you what you need to do throughout the course because there is no possible way you could remember it all from the stage briefing.

"I'd rather it be quiet then like AR-15.com, where the same shit gets posted day after day after day.

That board is a dead horse beating bonanza."

lol funniest thing I've read all day, Tony.