Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Here's Mine - 7.62 x 39, the 'easy' solution to 30 rd.

1) Bolt on ACE Folding Stock & Pistol Grip ($185 - but I got for $142 by a mistake from a new girl there)

2) Just use any USA made Mag - I Use the Master Moulder & slight mod w/ a pocket knife on the REAR Catch.

LEGAL EAGLE

post-7063-1196662380_thumb.jpg

post-7063-1196662399_thumb.jpg

Here's Mine - 7.62 x 39, the 'easy' solution to 30 rd.

1) Bolt on ACE Folding Stock & Pistol Grip ($185 - but I got for $142 by a mistake from a new girl there)

2) Just use any USA made Mag - I Use the Master Moulder & slight mod w/ a pocket knife on the REAR Catch.

LEGAL EAGLE

LEGAL EAGLE - Except for RPK(Kalifornia) Skeleton/Thumbhole stocks are not allowed :ded:

LEGAL EAGLE - Except for RPK(Kalifornia) Skeleton/Thumbhole stocks are not allowed :ded:

Oh, sorry, I was talking for the Great State of TX.....(and almost the rest of the Country) And also the 30 rd. wouldn't work in NY or is it NJ?? or both?) Yes , this 'easy' method complies w/ 922r (National Law) - BUT you're right Several States have EVEN More Stringent Laws On Top of it.... :cryss:

p.s. - Here I give more detail on how to get to my 'easy' conversion:

(post is about 3/4 down 1st page)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=20077

Link to Buy Master Molder 30 rd. mags @ CDNN:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ak7630lemamo.html

Edited by BullShark012
  • Like 1

Oh, sorry, I was talking for the Great State of TX.....(and almost the rest of the Country) And also the 30 rd. wouldn't work in NY or is it NJ?? or both?) Yes , this 'easy' method complies w/ 922r (National Law) - BUT you're right Several States have EVEN More Stringent Laws On Top of it.... :cryss:

Anyone have the low down , on this conversion with 30Rd in the state of NY

Im on Vacation for a bit , otherwise I'd ask my local shop..

• Like 1
Anyone have the low down , on this conversion with 30Rd in the state of NY

Im on Vacation for a bit , otherwise I'd ask my local shop..

I'll tell you what I just told a poor guy in California:

Too many arcane details to meet in Cali. [2000 ban - pre/post (how could you even tell when it was bought?)] Why send a Dissambled Master Molder Mag? - I suppose to meet another arcane law? I think you guys living in PRK are just shit out of luck...TRY Electing Someone W/ BALLS for a Change! (Not a Bitch w/ tits) TOO Many Liberal Idiots there! I Used to Live in Oceanside and Palo Alto - Was Beautiful...but... or Just settle for Puny 10 rd. mags. or Just Move to another State...One w/ some Big Kahonies...Like TX. Our surf isn't as good, but if you go to S. Padre it isn't too bad, and the water is pretty aqua green most of the time!

Good Luck - maybe someone else here can help you - I can't help people who don't help themselves.

sorry California. Wake Up and Change Your Local Laws!

Just replace the letters NY for 'cali' and 'PRK'.

Good Luck! You're fighting and uphill battle.

BTW - I do truly wish you success... I'm here trying to help all I can. I Just don't think there is ANY way you can Legally use a 30 rd. mag in NY, NJ, or PRK. (maybe some other states too ??) Doesn't Matter the conversion method! Just NOT LEGAL THERE. Again, My suggestion: Vote Out the Offenders - If they are that Liberal, The rest of Thier polocies are going to Sink You anyway. Just My 2.

OK, Now I - I'm done w/ Polotics until 2012.

BS012

Edited by BullShark012

I don't know if Lonz is looking for that specific conversion method. But the Master Moulders are out, because they are not pre-ban (which is the only legal way to own a mag over 10 rounds in NYS). But he can have 30 round mags in NYS as long as they are pre-ban. Which would pretty much eliminate any US made mags over 10 rounds. But hey, there are other ways to do a legal conversion with a 30 round mag in NYS, just not BullSharks method. DOWN WITH NYS MAG RESTRICTIONS!!!

Edited by 22_Shooter
I don't know if Lonz is looking for that specific conversion method. But the Master Moulders are out, because they are not pre-ban (which is the only legal way to own a mag over 10 rounds in NYS). But he can have 30 round mags in NYS as long as they are pre-ban. Which would pretty much eliminate any US made mags over 10 rounds. But hey, there are other ways to do a legal conversion with a 30 round mag in NYS, just not BullSharks method. DOWN WITH NYS MAG RESTRICTIONS!!!

OK, 22_Shooter Knows how ...in NY, NJ and Maybe PRK you can do 30 rd...Legally...GOOD!

1. Pre-Ban 30 rd. Mag. (won't be US made, i see) so: 3 Foriegn 'countable parts' - still at 14.

2. Now You need to 'Replace' Parts to get to 10. (4 replacement parts)

3. USING Your PRE-BAN 30 rd. mags, YOU CAN NOW: Do The Full / Partial Full Conversion to get to 10 Foriegn Parts

4. You can get 1 'part' w/ the US foregrip. =3 left.

5. US Gas Piston = 1 more 'part' = 2 left.

6. US Butstock = 1 more 'part' = 1 left.

7. US Trigger or Disconnector or?? = DONE. = 10 Foriegn 'Parts' *** Others Here Can Help - since I haven't done these yet!

Edited by BullShark012

OK, 22_Shooter Knows how ...in NY, NJ and Maybe PRK you can do 30 rd...Legally...GOOD!

1. Pre-Ban 30 rd. Mag. (won't be US made, i see) so: 3 Foriegn 'countable parts' - still at 14.

2. Now You need to 'Replace' Parts to get to 10. (4 replacement parts)

3. USING Your PRE-BAN 30 rd. mags, YOU CAN NOW: Do The Full / Partial Full Conversion to get to 10 Foriegn Parts

4. You can get 1 'part' w/ the US foregrip. =3 left.

5. US Gas Piston = 1 more 'part' = 2 left.

6. US Butstock = 1 more 'part' = 1 left.

7. US Trigger or Disconnector or?? = DONE. = 10 Foriegn 'Parts' *** Others Here Can Help - since I haven't done these yet!

Well the PG wouldn't count towards compliance, because there wasn't one in the first place, so you're not replacing a foreign part with a US made one. But make sure you (Lonz) get a US made one. But given that the stock x39 has 14 countable parts, you could easily go with a US made FCG (3 parts), and replace the handguards for US made (1 part) and a US made buttstock (1 part). Now you're at 9 foreign parts, even with the foreign 30 rounder :D. That is my plan anyway.

here is my first AK build. Its a 1976 Romanian "G" semi-auto, 7.62X39

it went from this

DSC02921.jpg

to this

DSC03098.jpg

to this

DSC03259.jpg

to this

DSC03261.jpg

and finnaly its done

DSC03268.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

DSC03274.jpg

Nice build. I like that Samson rail you have on there.

the sampson rail is real nice. A few slight mods to the forend clamp. I had to grind off the front sling attachment that kinda sucked because now I cant put it back to all original with out lots of work not to mention the cost of a new front clamp. All in all it took only 20 mins to mount the rail with no instructions. It seems to me that they should try and make the groves fot around the front forend clamp instead of modifing it. Also since there is no mill spec for AK's there is a small gap between the reciever and the rail. I noticed it on sampsons homepage but on a yugo there wanst a gap. Its due to the taper at the base of the barrel. Thanks for the compliment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So with the Ace Folder you don't NEED to break/modify the trigger and such to mount it? I just mounts up like the original buttstock did? I thought you had to do a full conversion to put a pistol grip stock on??

I then could get one of Danzigs regular FCG's (not converted type) when I get the few more dollars and have the best of both worlds also. Folder and trigger without the 'Hacking'

Technically then this SIMPLE/Quick method would work if I stuck with the new Surefire 308 mags 25 rounders (3 US parts) and tossed out my old RA mags and installed the Ace Folder.

That all sound right. Bullshark??

So with the Ace Folder you don't NEED to break/modify the trigger and such to mount it? I just mounts up like the original buttstock did? I thought you had to do a full conversion to put a pistol grip stock on??

I then could get one of Danzigs regular FCG's (not converted type) when I get the few more dollars and have the best of both worlds also. Folder and trigger without the 'Hacking'

Technically then this SIMPLE/Quick method would work if I stuck with the new Surefire 308 mags 25 rounders (3 US parts) and tossed out my old RA mags and installed the Ace Folder.

That all sound right. Bullshark??

You Got It! I like the ACE Folder w/ PG - Quality Setup. Just take off the 3 screws holding on the Russian stock (you need to remove the dust cover & bolt to access the 3rd screw) Just bolt on the new ACE per their instructions. I'm gonna go and find the link to the folder you need.