Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

Heres mine.

Wow, Beautiful camo work...nice...just a quick question? How did you beat 922r with that? Looks to me like you really need about 2 more parts unless the stock is USA (that's if if the mag is USA ,= 3

U.S made bolt , carrier , and piston. I didn't do the trigger conversion because I like the extra length.

Well, that's great, but unless my count is off you still need 2 more parts:

You're starting w/ 15 Foriegn Parts with that Russian Drag stock (Yes, Counts as 2 Foreign Parts - PG & Butstock, so in effect you Added a Foriegn PG). Then you don't make up anything w/ the Mag...UNLESS It's All USA made - if not, your still 2 Short my friend.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Heres mine.

Wow, Beautiful camo work...nice...just a quick question? How did you beat 922r with that? Looks to me like you really need about 2 more parts unless the stock is USA (that's if if the mag is USA ,= 3

U.S made bolt , carrier , and piston. I didn't do the trigger conversion because I like the extra length.

You're starting w/ 15 Foriegn Parts with that Russian Drag stock (Yes, Counts as 2 Foreign Parts - PG & Butstock, so in effect you Added a Foriegn PG). Then you don't make up anything w/ the Mag...UNLESS It's All USA made - if not, your still 2 Short my friend.

Do you work for the BATF or something.

Hello

I checked out the Ohio Rapid Fire website & could not find the AK bolts or carriers?

Where can we find them & get the cost?

Buddy of mine is a machinist there . He got it for me. Give them a call and see what they say. They make complete AKs and they're working on Krinkovs. When you walk in the place, its what I imagine Heaven to be.

Heres mine.

Do you work for the BATF or something.

You Never Know...

Hello

Here's the one I just completed. Since my wife seems to enjoy shooting my S.308 so much, and our anniversary is Tuesday, I decided to make this "mah' bitches" gun. Nothing says "love" like a firearm. She got a CZ pistol for Valentines day, she's totally spoiled.

-And nope, mah' bitch never buys me any guns...

I haven't shot it yet (wouldn't be right, being a gift and all) but I have to say, the Tromix stock really "feels" right.

Dinzag goodies and expertise, IOR M4 6x .308 scope, K-Var scope base, J-Tac brake, G2 FCG, BJB Safety.

guido2 in Houston

post-3965-1208641384_thumb.jpg post-3965-1208641400_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1208641523_thumb.jpg post-3965-1208641533_thumb.jpg

Hello

Here's the one I just completed. Since my wife seems to enjoy shooting my S.308 so much, and our anniversary is Tuesday, I decided to make this "mah' bitches" gun. Nothing says "love" like a firearm. She got a CZ pistol for Valentines day, she's totally spoiled.

I haven't shot it yet (wouldn't be right, being a gift and all) but I have to say, the Tromix stock really "feels" right.

Dinzag goodies and expertise, IOR M4 6x .308 scope, K-Var scope base, J-Tac brake, G2 FCG, BJB Safety.

guido2 in Houston

that rifle looks pretty damned sweet.

Hello

guido2 in Houston

that rifle looks pretty damned sweet.

Finally got out on the range to test me new toys yesterday! Fine weapons and had a blast! I am hooked on these Saigas. Need a 223 now! Here are a few pics of my 7.62 and my 308. Pic quality is not very good but my camera is not either! LOL.

NICE!!!
Thank you kind sir! Wish I had a better camera but am spending all my cash on firearms. ; ) The 7.62 conversion was not as hard as I thought it would be. Just took some advice from the fine folks on the forum and got it done in about 5 hours. Gotta get them sighted in better next time I get out. Want to see what the 308 can do with the posp scope.
gun007.jpg

Looks great! This is very close to what mine will look like once I get all the parts I've ordered.

What all do you have in it?

bullet guide from danzig

FCG from danzig

bolt-on lower handguard retainer from danzig

retainer plate

ISSY AK suregrip pg

ultimak gas tube rail system

AKM/Ulitmak handguard

tapco buttstock

thanks for the props, gl with you conversion and post up a pic when you get her done.

Well, mine's almost done, i got a ultimak lower coming in for it and a vert. front grip. so far, here it is.......

P4030023.jpg

P4030025.jpg

So far its got a Ergo rhino-hide grip, G2 trigger group modified by TROMIX, Surefire Clear mag, Tapco gas piston (maybe USA bolt carrier group if i can find one) and thats a CAA stock, yes yes, i know, CAA isn't US made, but it'll be ok when its done ;) Also adding Ace's front site after the lower rail goes on it :D

Edited by Vultite
Well, mine's almost done, i got a ultimak lower coming in for it and a vert. front grip. so far, here it is.......

P4030023.jpg

P4030025.jpg

So far its got a Ergo rhino-hide grip, G2 trigger group modified by TROMIX, Surefire Clear mag, Tapco gas piston (maybe USA bolt carrier group if i can find one) and thats a CAA stock, yes yes, i know, CAA isn't US made, but it'll be ok when its done ;) Also adding Ace's front site after the lower rail goes on it :D

That mag is badass!!

Here's mine after working on it today. It's not going to change much in looks now.

post-10209-1209837789_thumb.jpg

It has the OD green Tapco furniture, G2 FCG, Dinzag bullet guide, and a Tapco AK74 break which I got *free*!

I still need to clean up the front of the sight tower w/ a file, and then get the nerve to drill it for the muzzle break retaining pin, but it's almost done!

In the long run, I still want to add a cleaning rod to it, and would like to add the bayonet lug, but that may take a while.

My PRK legal Saigas!

#1 = Ace folding stock & block, G2 FCG, USA pistol grip, Fusion handguard, ported gas tube, Dinzag bullet guide, pin retaining plate, Dingag handguard retainer, Phantom flash hider, 10/30 mag from Cold War Shooters, Duracoat WWII-green paint, an AK bullet button to make it all a Kali legal fixed mag build. 7 points toward federal compliance!

#2 = Factory stock cut 2 1/4 inches (for proper eye relief with PSOP scope) with a limbsaver slip-on recoil pad, G2 FCG made to work with factory configuration, UTG quad-rail handguard, pin retainer plate, ported gas tube, bipod with rail adaptor, Mojo peep sight, Dinzag bullet guide, Surefire 10 Rd mags, J-Tac muzzle brake. 8 compliance parts total (counting 3 for the surefire mag).

post-10946-1209943968_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1209944034_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1209944064_thumb.jpgpost-10946-1209944141_thumb.jpg

post-10946-1209944194_thumb.jpg

I posted her a while back, but I finally got around to taking some decent photos. Here she is:

2474922488_4b4f684c07_o.jpg

2474922684_367e82fb2d_o.jpg

2474108117_40f57e1137_o.jpg

2474107891_40325d8ea4_o.jpg

2474922950_cf09c53998_o.jpg

As for the parts:

-K-VAR buttstock (warsaw length)

-K-VAR handguards

-K-VAR pistol grip

-TAPCO G2 single hook fire control group

-Bulgarian ported gas tube

-30 round Bulgarian slabside magazine

-Dinzag bullet guide

-Dinzag bolt on handguard retainer

Looks great Ranger! How do you like that Ergo grip?

Thanks al lot!! I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Actually, I like the grip a lot. It is nicely contoured to fit my hand, and not just a round piece of plastic. Like any good Hillbilly, I took it out on the deck last night and fired off a couple of rounds down the hill into my pond. It didn't blow up, so I must have done everything right!!! :super:

Now I'm looking for another 7.62 to put some nice russian wood furniture on............. yeah, I'm pretty sure I got the bug now.... :o

Edited by rangerdavid