Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

So I am new and jst got this in today. I am pretty stoked on it. I can not wait to take it to the range.

DSC00868.jpg

Is that a Classic Arms Saiga?

Yes sir. I am looking to get a new ergo grip and an adjustible stock on it cause the Tapco standard ak stock is to small.

I've been looking at those, especially since they just put them on sale! How's the fit and finish? Make sure to give a report after you take her out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

So I am new and jst got this in today. I am pretty stoked on it. I can not wait to take it to the range.

DSC00868.jpg

Is that a Classic Arms Saiga?

Yes sir. I am looking to get a new ergo grip and an adjustible stock on it cause the Tapco standard ak stock is to small.

I've been looking at those, especially since they just put them on sale! How's the fit and finish? Make sure to give a report after you take her out.

Well I cant complain. I took it out this weekend and popped a few rounds through it. It shot awsome. Jst the stock was to small so it was hard to aim. It came with the og stock wich is about 3in longer and it feels real comfortable in my shoulder. I f your going to get one I would recomend spending the xtra 20 bucks and get the adjustable stock and saw grip. As for the finish it is clean with a great trigger pull since they did install a tapco g2 trigger.

Well I cant complain. I took it out this weekend and popped a few rounds through it. It shot awsome. Jst the stock was to small so it was hard to aim. It came with the og stock wich is about 3in longer and it feels real comfortable in my shoulder. I f your going to get one I would recomend spending the xtra 20 bucks and get the adjustable stock and saw grip. As for the finish it is clean with a great trigger pull since they did install a tapco g2 trigger.

I prefer the short stock on an AK, I can't stand the way the AR stock looks on one. I don't hold it against anyone for doing it, comfort is important, but I like my AKL as it was intended!

Glad to hear the Classic Saiga is a good build, it's hit or miss sometimes with them. I may have to get down on that before they raise the price again.

Edited by loki41872
Ok I'm game :smoke:

post-1293-1164865881_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295117_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295134_thumb.jpg

Saiga 7.62 x 39

Tapco Double Hook G-2 FCG

Hotbarrel US made gas piston

1950's era Russian laminate HGs and PG

Romanian laminate stock stained to match

Original Russian slabside mag that I reblued (US made follower)

Bolt carrier beadblasted by pistonring8

Bulgarian gas tube & cleaning rod

Bulgarian 800m leaf sight

US made 74'style brake threaded on and held by detent pin installed in Saiga FSB

Bulgarian AK sling

Whats the point in making it look like a Romanian G? What a waste.....

Ok I'm game :smoke:

post-1293-1164865881_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295117_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1178295134_thumb.jpg

Saiga 7.62 x 39

Tapco Double Hook G-2 FCG

Hotbarrel US made gas piston

1950's era Russian laminate HGs and PG

Romanian laminate stock stained to match

Original Russian slabside mag that I reblued (US made follower)

Bolt carrier beadblasted by pistonring8

Bulgarian gas tube & cleaning rod

Bulgarian 800m leaf sight

US made 74'style brake threaded on and held by detent pin installed in Saiga FSB

Bulgarian AK sling

Whats the point in making it look like a Romanian G? What a waste.....

Lets see a pic of your rifle AKdave

Lets see a pic of your rifle AKdave

I'm sure he will post pics when and if he gets un-banned.

Of course he is going to have to paint over the orange ring at the end of the barrel first!

Here it is I found a picture of HIS rifle lol

post-6703-1223865431.jpg

Edited by Superhawk138

Hello

This is my first wood.

Well, in a literal sense, I reckon.

First "ol'Skool" conversion al'La Cobra/Dinzag and the other wizards. Dimpled 'n "Y"-stamped .39 via MAA.

Gunfixr filled in the conversion holes and attached the trigger guard with TIG welding and coated the receiver. (And added some bonus stuff 'cause he's just a damn perfectionist!)

The walnut furniture came from Matt at Ironwood, who's perfectionist attitude compliments gunfixr's excellently. I need to touch-up a couple of assembly boo-boos on the furniture. Stuff fit like a dream. Got the Yugo grip with the kit, 'cause I've just never been a real fan of the original AK-47 PG look.....

Assorted custom fittings by Dinzag (who could convert without Dinzag's stuff?)

RSA FCG (may not do that again....) and Mojo rear sight.

K-var AK-74 FSB and AK-47 compensator.

post-3965-1224260008_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1224260029_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1224260046_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1224260061_thumb.jpg

No plastic shit for me on this one. Matter of fact, no glass, either. Kind of new ground for me.

Huge kudo's to all of the folks who kicked-down such professional help and expertise.

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.

My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

post-13331-1224809082_thumb.jpg

IMGP0006.jpg

Saiga 7.62x39 with its Brother in Arms, a 1927 (double-dated, NO MO marking, mean it's extra rare) dated M91/30 from Izhevsk.

I just got the gear from Centerfire Systems today. The small bag holds EVERYTHING I need to clean / take down my Mosin and Saiga rifles except for a cleaning rod, and I can store ammo in the other magazine pocket. The East German AK 75 round drum pouch holds all 5 of my Saiga 10 round mags stacked (and looks like it could fit two more stacked and a couple more stuffed down the sides). It also fits 2 Hi-Point 995 magazines in the little side-pouch. The AK bayonet is just for the sake of having an AK bayonet, NY restricts bayonet lugs on post-94 rifles :-P

EDIT : BTW, that is the Saiga oiler bottle there, I filled it with cleaner.

This is what I ordered.

Drum pouch : http://www.centerfiresystems.com/POUAKA02.aspx

AK accessory package : http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AKACC-SPEC.aspx

It was worth it. I plan on nabbing at least 3 more 10 rounders and two 5 rounders for hunting, putting me at 10 magazines.

Edited by Big Boss

post-10790-1225411861_thumb.jpg

I wish I didn't live here in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia caus some of you have some great gear on your Saigas that I would love to have on mine. :chris:

We can do a few things to our Saigas in Kallyfornia. I've done about as much as I can without having a PG. Where did you get yours? I'm also in OC

This is my second conversion, the first was shellshock1918's. To be honest this one went a bit tougher than the first. I only had issues getting a bit to grab the stupid spot weld last time, this time it was that and the rivets didn't want to budge! Pix to come today of shellshock and I shooting our saigas. Hows that for a friday off?

Edited by lbreevesii

Isn't anyone here a little concerned about posting a closeup photo of your firearm that shows the serial number? If the New "Commie" government wanted to they could force the website owner to turn over your info and then they would know who and where you are and exactly what rifle you have!!

Not really worried about that myself. If they wanted to they could just look up every gun I've bought through dealers and trace them to me that way. Even the guns I've bought from fellow members here have been transferred to me on paper. I have nothing to hide. They aren't touching my guns.

Cold dead hands....