Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

double post

I'd take that 30 rounder off unless you want the BATF knocking at your door. Do some research on 922r. This forum has plenty of info that will help you out.

actually its already been converted and the mag is a surefire mag made in the u.s.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Hello

Your "WIFE" looks hot but the Fly Fishing eyelash extensions are a little unnerving.

I would like to see the rest of the outfit

Kevin

The eyelashes were creepy even to me... :eek:

Since you asked to see the rest of the outfit, heres a pic of the girls before the shoot, and another one of my wife from the shoot with my Saiga:

green-blue%20coats.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

Don't have my Saiga yet but i tought i'd show you my plans, i'd like some feedback.

yaymagun-1.jpg

Don't let any of the tacticool dorks or AK "purists" flip you any shit about the AR stock. I use it because everyone in my family shoots. My wife, 12-yr old son and I can all adjust it to a comfortable fit.

I'm not sure how it happened but my 12yr old is DEADLY!! He can out shoot his old man by a country mile!! He may have been a sniper in a former life...lol

I've noticed a lot of people don't change the handguards. Not that they look bad or anything, they look just great, but I was just wondering if there was a reason. blah, blah... but is there something I'm missing?

Sorry for replying to an older post. I'm a noob digging around the forum looking for ideas.

But, I have a reason for wanting to keep the factory hand guard vs. a new AK style guard on mine. Form follows function. It is longer and the bottom is smoother. The longer/smoother a guard is, the more stable of a base it provides when shooting from a rest. Be the rest a bench, bag, shooting sticks, or even a low tree limb. JMHO, YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...

post-5328-1216504976_thumb.jpg post-5328-1216504913_thumb.jpg post-5328-1216504886_thumb.jpg post-5328-1216505443_thumb.jpg

Finally finished my first conversion - I got all the hardware bits done about a month ago, and today just got around to painting and plugging the old FCG holes. All the work was done with Tapco parts and a Dremel.

I used Rustoleum Hi-temp paint for the underside, and put a light coat on the rest of the receiver.

post-5328-1216505337_thumb.jpgpost-5328-1216505877_thumb.jpg

Interestingly, after the paint sets for a couple hours, you can buff it with a plain shop rag and it shines right up, leaving a nice semi-gloss finish. The old trigger holes were filled with black nylon hole plugs from Lowe's. The handguard vents were done by hand and came out a bit rough, but they'll do until I get a real AK handguard and retainer.

We just got this Saiga and it worked it over. Some of the mods include...

- installed a standard handguard retainer

- installed the FSB with 24.5mm threads

- installed K-Var black furniture (stock, handguards and pistol grip)

- installed and plug welded a new factory bullet guide

- relocated the trigger group and installed a G2 set

- removed the "lug" from the left side of the trunion (inside and out)

- move the trigger guard forward and rivet the rear portion to the receiver

- cut and threaded the cleaning rod

- installed a new upper gas tube and K-Var upper handguard

- installed Bulgarian military-issue 24.5mm muzzle brake

- TIG welded the holes where the old trigger pins and trunion "lug" were located

- removed the ridge in the rear of the magazine well to use standard magazines

ak103saiga22jw9.jpg

ak103saiga11st9.jpg

ak103bulletguidewc6.jpg

thanks,

Ron

Hiya guys...can anyone play here? Here's my little girl and her ugly sister.....

021.jpg

015-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

I'll have to post some additional pics later....

ok who is the "ugly sister"

muttman2

Hehe, the Saiga is my girlfriend's. She refers to the other AK in the pic, my little WASR, as the Saiga's "Ugly sister".

We just did a quick "ugly" conversion on hers. Left the skeleton stock, didn't move the FCG, just replaced the hammer and disconnect, the gastube and bolt carrier and installed the fedd ramp and filed the mag catch. The gun still looks "stock", but takes hi-cap commie mags now.

Well, this is some pics of my 1st conversion for this thread. FINALLY went to my buddy's house in PA (FREE state):rolleyes: and took some pics with the MM mags he has on hand for the shoot since I did my conversion and cant have these mags in NJ :rolleyes:. FULLY NFA / 922r compliant with 8 US parts content with Krinkov styled, NON-folding stock:

DSCN0956.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

DSCN0951.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0946.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

About the only other thing I'd get is a flashlight mount. Possibly a Russian newer style hand guard. I don't want to go WAY deep into alot of what the AR (crappy gas impingement) guys do and turn it into a full bore grown up male barbie doll/Christmas tree.

Here's my new Saiga, I like the stock. Trying to decide what to do next.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/L...er/Saiga762.jpg

Well, not to beat a dead-horse on this forum but making sure it is 922r compliant so that you can use that hi-cap mag would be a start.

Dinzag has a fire control group for non-converted rifles such as yours which will give you 2 US parts. Perhaps a gas piston swap can be done, you will have the third part and 922r will be solved.

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/fcgnpg.html