Is LEON (the Pro.) the flick with Natalie Portman when she was like 12.

wasn't there some STRANGE love relationship in that between her and the main guy?

Yeah, that's why they cut out the middle of the movie. They go on a "date." But with it you loose alot of actions scenes too. That's why I say if you like The Professional, you really need to see the director's cut LEON. It adds alot to the movie.

v33.jpg

Edited by KySoldier
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked VERA from the show Firefly!

I miss that show it was great!

http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/CallahanFullboreAutolock

See the S-12 in her?

Loved that show, loved that gun. It was ugly, yes, but sometimes thats the point, right? That link doesnt go to far into it but it appeared to fire a necked down brass 12 guage cartridge with AP FMJs somewhere in the neighborhood of .50 cal. Who wouldnt want that?

As for movies, I'll agree that Heat was cool, but really, Comando was the first one for me.

I liked VERA from the show Firefly!

I miss that show it was great!

http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/CallahanFullboreAutolock

See the S-12 in her?

Loved that show, loved that gun. It was ugly, yes, but sometimes thats the point, right? That link doesnt go to far into it but it appeared to fire a necked down brass 12 guage cartridge with AP FMJs somewhere in the neighborhood of .50 cal. Who wouldnt want that?

As for movies, I'll agree that Heat was cool, but really, Comando was the first one for me.

Glad to see I'm not the only Browncoat in the forum!

Zoe's sawed of 30 30 was pretty cool as well

Edited by Juggernaut
Lord of War....my g\f made me watch that one of the weekends she came up

Saw that one in the theater, now have the DVD. Great gun movie. Wasn't it based on a true story?

lordofwarbm5.jpg

Yeah that's the one!

Hey isn't that our buddy Mick there? <<<<--------

Lord of War....my g\f made me watch that one of the weekends she came up

Saw that one in the theater, now have the DVD. Great gun movie. Wasn't it based on a true story?

lordofwarbm5.jpg

Yeah that's the one!

Hey isn't that our buddy Mick there? <<<<--------

Wasn't long after seeing this movie that I bought my first AK! :smoke:

B you talking about Leon the professional with jean Reno,

were the guy is a pro killer?

And yes band of brothers, saving private Ryan, Blackhack down, we were Soldiers,

they kind of show how things can be bad in the real life, I mean people die in real life

now if you want to see ok movies with guns, like Man on fire, sniper the first movie,

platoon, Ronin, open range, enemy at the gates, the beast and some other ones

that I forgot the names.

Hello, Vjor

I want to vote for "Band of Brothers" as not only being riveting entertainment, but even moreso, an absolute tribute to the selfless fighting men and women of that era. Not always easy to watch, there's something that tears up the toughest men (certainly ME, anyway...) when you see an 85 year-old man with tears running down his face, as he recalls the bravery and valor of his long-lost comrades...

I recall one of these grizzled heroes recounting how some of his homeboys from a small, midwestern town committed suicide, because they were rejected for medical reasons for signing-up to go fight. Man, that was a totally different era....

I think every person who has parents, in-laws, or aquaintances who were in the Service during that era owes it to them to share 10 hours and watch it with them (11 hours if you do the "Reunion Tribute" bonus segment, highly recommended).

I found out that my father-in-law was actually in Easy Company (BOB revolves around them...) during WWII, although he was in the Engineering group.

He watched the set of videos we gave him for Christmas a few years ago with tears streaming down his face...May he RIP, free from the demons stalking him from that part of his life.

The heroes from that era are disappearing quickly, we all owe them the best we can offer in thanks and respect.

Very respectfully posted,

guido2 in Houston

You guys have named off a lot of movies I forgot all about.

I haven't even heard of some of these either. Underworld, Firefly ???

One of my favorite movies is Sgt York,

Band of Brothers is definitely a GREAT series.

The scene at the cemetary from Saving Pvt Ryan brought me to tears.

I love the Baa Baa Blacksheep series even if it was unhistorical.

I think my favorite movie scene, as corny as this sounds and as bad a movie as it was,

is from Independence Day when the alien's computer screen shows

the skull and crossbones laughing away and then the missile plants itself.

Edited by BlackDog
+1 for the Brown Coats. How about Black Hawk Down, Enemy at the Gates, or Equilibrium ?

(To name a few)

Was Mal's gun based on anything real?

+1 for the Brown Coats. How about Black Hawk Down, Enemy at the Gates, or Equilibrium ?

(To name a few)

I did some diggin on the web a while back and outside of the "western" feel I could not find anything that it was based on. If you find anything let me know.

Edited by MAC_TEK

(To name a few)

I did some diggin on the web a while back and outside of the "western" feel I could not find anything that it was based on. If you find anything let me know.

Did some diggin', this is what I found.

Mal's gun is a modified Taurus .38 Cal revolver. The grip frame was cut off and a new one machined and welded on, to resemble the grip of an old single-action revolver, the barrel was cut down and a new octagonal barrel made for it, along with the other added pieces to make it look so unique.

It was made by Applied Effects.

See the thread here http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=3&t=3815

In addition to those mentioned above (great movies all), I offer:

Way of the Gun

StarShip Troopers (Which, BTW - used many "real" gun in it...)

Dawn of the Dead (The newer one with Ving Rames in it)

and

28 Days Later (Not too heavy in guns, but it sure did make me want to go buy more ammo...)

(To name a few)

Mal's gun is a modified Taurus .38 Cal revolver. The grip frame was cut off and a new one machined and welded on, to resemble the grip of an old single-action revolver, the barrel was cut down and a new octagonal barrel made for it, along with the other added pieces to make it look so unique.

Thanks alot! If you have not seen this check it out. This web site:

http://www.quantummechanix.com/

has a licensed exact replica of mal's pistol limited to 250. I'm thinking of getting it.

macbeau,

your choices are real good ones.

Edited by MAC_TEK

(To name a few)

has a licensed exact replica of mal's pistol limited to 250. I'm thinking of getting it.

macbeau,

NICE FIND! you get one you better post pics!

I don't think the wife would let me get one, but then again

"I aim to misbehave!" :devil:

(To name a few)

macbeau,

NICE FIND! you get one you better post pics!

I don't think the wife would let me get one, but then again

"I aim to misbehave!" :devil:

If it all works out I will put in my pre-order next thursday. And I will make sure I post some pics!

I also found The Operative's Sword:

http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/eCa...ve_s_sword.aspx

And the Reaver Sword & Axe Set W/plaque:

http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/eCa...t_w_plaque.aspx

Just in case you'd like to misbehave a bit more.

I (we, my husband and I and quite a few others) really really like the show 'Firefly' so I like that MacTek has Mal for his Avatar :up:

But there are a lot of cool Avatars out there, good job to you all!! The HBO series 'Deadwood' is really cool too, they have a bunch of neat old guns!!

I'm gonna throw my vote in for "The Wild Bunch". Lot's of great old guns, very bloody, and gattling guns kick ass!!

Just grabbed that on DVD! cant wait to see it again!

wasn't there a magnificent seven that had Lee VanClieff in it?

I (we, my husband and I and quite a few others) really really like the show 'Firefly' so I like that MacTek has Mal for his Avatar :up:

But there are a lot of cool Avatars out there, good job to you all!! The HBO series 'Deadwood' is really cool too, they have a bunch of neat old guns!!

Well thank you. You and your hubby are great people yourselves.

I forgot to add a few movies. How about The Boondock Saints & Heat - A Los Angeles crime saga. W/Robert De Niro,

Al Pacino and Val Kilmer.

Hey Juggernaut I would not buy anything if I was you. I hate when a can of whoop-ass is taken off the shelf for me.

Edited by MAC_TEK

Juggernaut,

I've never seen a "7" with Lee Van Clief, I only know of the Yule Brenner version and the original 1940's japanese version which is awesome if you have 4 hours to devote to a movie. I also just watched "ZULU", and that's a bitchin movie. All those Limey's lined up with their .45 short box henry martinis, always a classic!