I liked the plasma rifle in Der Arnold's Eraser. Liked Vanessa Williams a whole lot too but that is another thread

The goofiest was the rifle in the fifth element.

I really liked the robot with chain gun hands in Robo Cop.

My favorite is not really a weapon but the robot in Red Planet that was designed to morph into different shapes when needed. Amy?

Will there ever be plasma rifles? Think mankind will ever figure out how to package an unlimited amount of energy in a portable package. Batteries are the achille heel of all technology IMHO.

I liked the plasma rifle in Der Arnold's Eraser. Liked Vanessa Williams a whole lot too but that is another thread

The goofiest was the rifle in the fifth element.

I really liked the robot with chain gun hands in Robo Cop.

My favorite is not really a weapon but the robot in Red Planet that was designed to morph into different shapes when needed. Amy?

Will there ever be plasma rifles? Think mankind will ever figure out how to package an unlimited amount of energy in a portable package. Batteries are the achille heel of all technology IMHO.

It order to draw the power needed you would damn near need a minature nucular reactor. It would have to something that could call on the energy when needed unlike a reactor that is constantly givin an output. Man will figure it out someday. Can you image a weapon that fires at the speed of light, with no recoil, no drop, no affect from wind.....................

Some of my favorite movie weapons are the rifle in Alien, the calico in "I come in peace", all time would probably have to be a star trek phaser.....

DEATH STAR!!! hands down!

for what it did....i'll take the Vorlon Planet Killer form Babylon 5....did the same as the deathstar, but could jump into hyperspace and go anywhere.........didn't see much need for a planet killer orbiting a small moon.....but what the heck....it was fun!

personal weapons....lightsaber is pretty damn cool

the marines rifle in Aliens, (caseless ammo...and 40mm grenade launcher.....nice!)

too many cool ones out there.....

do the hot cylon chicks from Battlestar Galactica count as weapons?....they could be up there on my favorites list!

Judge Dredd's Lawgiver Lawgiver-mkii.jpg Justice Dept. Lawgiver MK II The Lawgiver is a fictional weapon used by the Judges in Judge Dredd and related series that appear in the UK comic books 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd Megazine.

The Lawgiver is a handgun featuring semi- and fully-automatic fire, manual and automatic focusing and targeting, plus an in-built computer capable of controlling its operation. It fires a range of speciality ammunition. An in-line gunsight shows the view directly down the barrel. A Lawgiver can only be operated by its designated Judge owner, whose palm print is programmed into the gun's memory.

Its appearance was altered dramatically in 1995, around the release of the Judge Dredd film. Originally depicted as sleek and silver, it was modified to look blockier and black (see right).

Contents

[hide]

//

Security

Should an attempt be made by an unauthorized person to use the Lawgiver, it will explode in that person's hand. Recognizing that this generally practical safeguard can sometimes impede Judges in the execution of their duties, the Justice Department computers contain instructions on bypassing Lawgiver palm-recognition systems. These instructions can be accessed by senior Judges, but are generally employed only in severe emergencies.

In the story "The Narcos Connection", criminal Nero Narcos sabotaged a new batch of upgraded lawgivers by programming them to self-destruct when used by their authorized users (once they received a radio signal, so the rogue command took effect in all weapons simultaneously). This resulted in large numbers of judges being crippled or killed at the precise moment they were attacked by Narcos's "Assassinator" robots at the beginning of the Second Robot War in 2121.

Ammunition

The gun has a maximum range of up to three miles and has six distinct settings which can be engaged by voice command:

• Standard execution - A standard bullet, with identical effects to normal kinetic energy projectile weapons.
  • Heat Seeker - A standard bullet propelled by the unstable element, 'Argon 886'. Heatseeker rounds lock onto the target's heat source, enabling the Judge to target fleeing perps, accurately fire in low-light situations and so forth.
  • Ricochet - A metal bullet coated with rubber. Ricochet rounds can bounce off solid surfaces while retaining enough kinetic energy to penetrate flesh. This enables the Judge to, for example, kill a perp that is using a human shield, bouncing their shot off a back wall and hitting the target from behind.
  • Incendiary - Capable of setting its target on fire. Less widely used due to practicalities of incinerating targets in built-up city areas, although useful against unconventional adversaries such as Judge Death.
  • Armour Piercing - Armour piercing rounds are extremely dense and contain a more powerful charge for higher muzzle velocity. Useful against cybernetic criminals and armoured opponents. When used against human targets, it can travel through multiple targets.
  • High-Explosive (Hi-Ex) - An round containing an amount of extremely concentrated high explosive. Judges must employ caution when using this extremely dangerous round; the blast caused by the exploding bullets can just as easily harm those firing as the target. Generally used rarely; against crowding attackers or large/dangerous foes.

Some stories by Judge Dredd creator John Wagner have added a stun bullet. An "exorcist" bullet for use against supernatural enemies was developed by Gordon Rennie. These and the six modes of fire listed above are canon.

Some publications replace the standard bullet with the Grenade setting. In addition, the novelizations of David Bishop replaced the Incendiary round with a Gas round, which released a cloud of Stumm gas, the Mega City equivalent of CS or tear gas.

lawgiver.jpg

Personally, I think such a recommendation is totally JACKED-UP.

Favorite fantasy movie weapon? Provided answer: A weapon that completely obliterates an entire planet? Friggen abominably unconscionable to recommend such a weapon, IMO.

Were the cinematography special effects extraordinarily fantastic with the Death Star? Abso-friggen-lutely. BUT, the mere notion of glorifying such a monstrosity is sick. Just my opinion.

Judge Dredd's weapon the Lawgiver.... totally awesome!!!

Favorite fantasy movie weapon? Provided answer: A weapon that completely obliterates an entire planet? Friggen abominably unconscionable to recommend such a weapon, IMO.

Were the cinematography special effects extraordinarily fantastic with the Death Star? Abso-friggen-lutely. BUT, the mere notion of glorifying such a monstrosity is sick. Just my opinion.

Death Star? Lame. Much like the entire Star Wars. Vorlon Planet Killer? Yeah, that was cool as hell. However, my personal sci fi weapon is fairly modest: Minbari war pike. Being an avid martial arts student, I appreciate a deceptively simple staff (which is not only a vertisile yet, humane weapon, but also a bases for other weapons, from spear to Kwan Dao and halberd). Having it being able to telescope makes it into a totally new possiblieites. As far as Judge gun... well... the only think I can say is someone who made the comic is surely compensating the lack of size somewhere else... It ain't the size, it is a shot placement

:-)

I never got the light saber thing. Yeah I know Star Wars has all this quasi religious stuff and a sword has the samari thingie going on but obsolete now, obsolete tomorrow even if it will cut through anything but another saber? Never grasped the operating principle of a light saber anyhow.

I was thinking more personal weapons but some of the aircrafts would be cool. at the time clint eastwood's russian firefox was cool.

Death Star? Lame. Much like the entire Star Wars. Vorlon Planet Killer? Yeah, that was cool as hell. However, my personal sci fi weapon is fairly modest: Minbari war pike. Being an avid martial arts student, I appreciate a deceptively simple staff (which is not only a vertisile yet, humane weapon, but also a bases for other weapons, from spear to Kwan Dao and halberd). Having it being able to telescope makes it into a totally new possiblieites. As far as Judge gun... well... the only think I can say is someone who made the comic is surely compensating the lack of size somewhere else... It ain't the size, it is a shot placement

Tigerclaw if you don't stop with the badgering and belittling of our members here and ESPECIALLY my friend and fellow moderator Juggernaut, whom you have decided to make your personal target for ridicule I am going to make you a real "X" around here!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

BTW this is a YES or NO question so please spare us all with your endless drivel as a response!

If yoi think I'm kidding dude just try me!

I'm sick of the arguing bullshit around here and the people who cause it!

Bvamp will not be here to help you either because we have settled our differences and he is in full agreement with me that there is a big difference between "freedom of speech" and someone being a complete ASSHOLE!

You enjoy "debating", I call it arguing. You spend way too much time doing it IMO but that's your perogative. I don't have the time to waste on that shit. And I certainly don't have time to waste reading thru all your long posts looking for attacks on our members.

You have just been warned!

The new colors under your avatar are an indication of that. This is your LAST warning! :chris:

Gee, I guess I AM an EVIL STORM TROOPER :devil: !

Chill out and cheer up guys! It's Fantasy-not real life!!!

as stated it's nothing compared to the Vorlon planet killer.....

How about the nose cannon on Starblazers U.S.S. Yamoto?

Or any of the Mech's on Robotech/Gundam.

Or the Gun from Ice Planet Zero from the original Battlestar Galactica.

I hope all these fake weapons meet up with your moral standards. CTFU :smoke:

Tigerclaw if you don't stop with the badgering and belittling of our members here and ESPECIALLY my friend and fellow moderator Juggernaut, whom you have decided to make your personal target for ridicule I am going to make you a real "X" around here!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

BTW this is a YES or NO question so please spare us all with your endless drivel as a response!

If yoi think I'm kidding dude just try me!

I'm sick of the arguing bullshit around here and the people who cause it!

Bvamp will not be here to help you either because we have settled our differences and he is in full agreement with me that there is a big difference between "freedom of speech" and someone being a complete ASSHOLE!

You enjoy "debating", I call it arguing. You spend way too much time doing it IMO but that's your perogative. I don't have the time to waste on that shit. And I certainly don't have time to waste reading thru all your long posts looking for attacks on our members.

You have just been warned!

The new colors under your avatar are an indication of that. This is your LAST warning! :chris:

Dear Mr. Cobra

Lets start by asking you: how careful do you read?

I didn't even mention the Juggernaut. I said that the "creator of the Comix was compensating something", this was an attack, true, but on the person who created the comic book. In case you did not see that, I point our your attention to this.

Number two. I personally find Star Wars silly and simplistic. I think Death Star was lame and silly idea. I see no attack on anyone in that statement.

Now how about some impartial fairness from our esteemed moderators? Or will the unnamed moderators turn the political disagreement into a personal vendetta?

I think the point is Mr.Claw is that you start crap in every thread you post in.

Your like fuckin' Eeyore in Whinnie the Poo....

Always got to bring your rain cloud.

Many fantastic ideas out there... I for one agree with the rifles in Aliens 2. I also liked the railgun in Eraser.

I also liked the more simple yet technological guns... like the pistols used in Logans Run... Or the minimissile firing pistol in... Umm... Hmm... was it Runaway? With Gene Simmons as the bad guy???

Nobody even Bothered to mention the multitude of different guns used in the Men In Black movies... there were some kickass guns there!!! :up:

:smoke:

What part of "yes or no " did you not understand?

Notice how your colors just changed again...

You want some more?

Number 1, Mr. Cobra: I am not in the army, so I am not inclined to reply Yes, Sir or No, Sir to anyone. You including.

Number 2, If ANYONE saw my post as insulting to Mr. Juggernaut, I appologise to that on the SPOT. Me, and Mr. Juggernaut, settled our differences in private messages. On the same page, I once again OPENLY repeat that NO OFFENCE WAS MEANT by that post. I have a personal dislike of large caliber handguns, that is it.

Number 3, Mr Cobra: You can change my colors again. I know that you can do so.

I think the point is Mr.Claw is that you start crap in every thread you post in.

Noted. I am a realistic pessemist. And yes, I know that I have a tendency to do that. Comes with being Russian:-). I will try to avoid that. Thanx for explaining.

I never got the light saber thing. Yeah I know Star Wars has all this quasi religious stuff and a sword has the samari thingie going on but obsolete now, obsolete tomorrow even if it will cut through anything but another saber? Never grasped the operating principle of a light saber anyhow.

well, it's a nobler weapon from nobler days. much like katanas were when the japs switched the army to firearms.

as such, it also means that jedis are outdated and have probably outlived their usefulness (just like the samurai in my example).

either way, don't tell me you'd turn down a lightsaber if someone handed it to you. ;)

if nothing else, it would be a great tool. (i wouldn't dare wield it in a fight out of fear of chopping my own leg or arm off with it though)

Noted. I am a realistic pessemist. And yes, I know that I have a tendency to do that. Comes with being Russian:-). I will try to avoid that. Thanx for explaining.

Hmmm... so "realistic pessimist" = ASSHOLE. You learn something new every day.

Does it have to be movies?

I want the warthog from Halo, and I'd not mind the battle rifle or sniper rifle either.

Barring video games, I'm a big fan of the minigun in Resident Evil II. I liked the staffs from Stargate too.

Does it have to be movies?

I want the warthog from Halo, and I'd not mind the battle rifle or sniper rifle either.

Barring video games, I'm a big fan of the minigun in Resident Evil II. I liked the staffs from Stargate too.

Uhh, I always liked Klingon Batleth:-).

Halo seems fair game, they are gonna make a movie after all. In that case, does the Mjolnir armor count as a weapon? Probably not, but it does kick ass either way. How 'bout the fuel rod cannon, or the sword from Halo2, or the sticky plasma grenades?

+1 light saber.

Oh, light saber is an easy guess. It is the most glamourous and famous of sci fi weapons. Even though I do not like it.

Not because it is starwars, but because I just dislike that you can't touch the blade of your weapon without vaporising your hand:-).

Lets see: Batleth and Minbari War pike, I already named. Vibroswords - yeah, it goes among the same lines.

Well, if you want to talk about Sci-Fi, the Plasma Pikes from Stargate are cool, yes.

I also happen to like Vree Sausers, the ones who have huge gun turrets at top and bottom:-)