The Manly Man's New Pistol Cartridge...

http://www.chuckhawks.com/825_magnum.htm

From Left: 44 Mag. .825 Std. .825 Premium .357 Mag

.825 Express Magnum

"In any case, there are no wimps on the Guns and Shooting Online staff. Shooting the .825 Express magnum has been described as, "a piece of day-old cake." And comments like, "I can't wait to get this pesky cast off my hand so that I can shoot it again" were common." :lolol::lolol::lolol:

post-3915-1179148651.jpg

"Calculated recoil in our 5.25 pound test pistol amounts to only 92.9 ft. lbs. for the Standard (1280 fps) load and a somewhat more interesting 125.6 ft. lbs. for the Premium (1610 fps) load"

uhh..I might end up on my ass..hope to hell I don't miss with that first shot!

Would be a cool cartridge for a modified S-12.

No, would be an awesome cartridge for a modded S12! :devil:

In all reality though, it seems doubtfull that an S12 could even be modded to withstand those pressures. 82.500 psi :eek:

Edited by ArcFault
Would be a cool cartridge for a modified S-12.

No, would be an awesome cartridge for a modded S12! :devil:

In all reality though, it seems doubtfull that an S12 could even be modded to withstand those pressures. 82.500 psi :eek:

It would handle at least one shot :angel:

It would handle at least one shot :angel:

maybe. :lol:

Did they actually build this cartridge, or is it entirely a goof? The article is obviously a little tongue in cheek.

Looking at the picture, the bullet would be a little smaller than a can of Pepsi.

all I know is I shot a TC chambere in 45-70, and I wont be doing that again any time soon. the H+H I shot ONCE was also enough to give me a lifetime of trigger jitters.

Hey .825 of an inch puts it at what ----do dodo dooo.....about 21mm or what-like a 10 gauge/4 bore/?? could be fun---- :devil::rolleyes:

Check out this 'recoil' video that my friend has on his website-here is the link--

http://www.quietcanyon.com/recoil_video.htm

Let it load--story is that it is supposed to be a single shot 50 BMG---you have to watch CLOSE as he shoots it..--- :eek::eek::lolol::lolol::ded:

I should post this in the funny section also. Enjoy!!!!

• 1 month later...
all I know is I shot a TC chambere in 45-70, and I wont be doing that again any time soon. the H+H I shot ONCE was also enough to give me a lifetime of trigger jitters.

i shoot a tc 45/70 all the time, isnt anything too bad. still too afraid to thry those leverevolutions i got in it, damn rifle kicks more than anything ive ever shot with those in it, but with the t/c i sit down and shoot boxes and boxes at a time (reload for it with one of those hit with a hammer lee kits)

:lolol:

I was picturing more of a redbull sized can myself.

Would it be a revolver or a semi auto?

can i get it in a bullpup and 20rnd mag?

No...you'll loose your testiculars by the recoil

Hey .825 of an inch puts it at what ----do dodo dooo.....about 21mm or what-like a 10 gauge/4 bore/?? could be fun---- :devil::rolleyes:

Check out this 'recoil' video that my friend has on his website-here is the link--

http://www.quietcanyon.com/recoil_video.htm

Let it load--story is that it is supposed to be a single shot 50 BMG---you have to watch CLOSE as he shoots it..--- :eek::eek::lolol::lolol::ded:

I should post this in the funny section also. Enjoy!!!!

Actually, that one is a Thompson Contender modded for .700 Nitro. Do a search and you will find it. Guy shot it once and that was it.

what I would like to know is how the HELL does anyone hold onto a 44mag 3" derringer. THATS what I want to know.

Don't know on the .44mag --- but my GF has a 4.5inch barrel over/under derringer chambered for .454 Cassul(spelling?). No, I am not joking and I am not bullsh*ting. The thing has some pretty good grips on it though kind of like the rubber grips on some of the Ruger revolvers. I've shot the dam thing and it's not fun to shoot but it can be done. She loves to shoot the thing off at the local pistol range and all the guys look at her and go "what the F*** is that gun chambered for !?!?" after thy can think over the ringing in their ears. She then smiles and tells them and then asks them if they want to try it. So far very few takers and most of those who have taken were humiliated. The trick with shooting the thing is to let your shoulder go loose but keep your elbow locked so the recoil is absorbed by your whole arm swinging up over your head. You try to handle all the recoil and not just roll with the punch and its a major :ded: .