Here is a pic of my S12 done up AMD style-WOO HOO!

Alright! Here is a pic of my S12 done up AMD style. It has the following-

Tapco G2 modded by Cobra for a 2.5 lb release and 2 stage.

Safety selector modded for BHO by Cobra

An old style flashhider/spikey end-forgot name right now but predates Tony's shark brake

Fixed 5 rd mag-UUUGGHHHH!!

UTG-tri rail thing on the front-had to do some dremel grinding

Well it is a start but still looking at a couple other things to do/add to it...

And thanks to Cobra for the package deal!!!

post-2841-1182092649_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for all the great comments! and now to questions-

McCumber-

The best way I can describe an AMD AK is that it is a variant that hungary made- the AMD65 had a 12.5 " barrel,Metel lower HG,no upper hg, shorter gas tube and piston,the front and rear PG's as you see(but in gray plastic), and had a side folder stock. The other was the AMD 63- std length barrel,same wood pattern butt and pg's as mine, no upper hg on gas tube but std length piston. I am assuming the # differences also indicated the year of adoption(???)

As for the hungarian translation for AMD-Automata Modositott Deszant [Fegyver] -Automatic modified Descent [weapon] 1965.

Pointer- Cobra will do you proud! :up: Oh btw-mine has a 2.5# 2 stage trigger that Cobra did for me-feel like I need a SNIPER SCOPE for the thing! I dont dare sneeze either! :eek:

Pedal2alloy- Yea the mag is 'fixed' I cannot remove it so I have to lock the bolt back with the Safety selector/bho that cobra did for me, to load it through the ejection port-sucks ass but it is the only way I can have it unless I seal the gas ports and make it a 'manual'. I followed the current law that states the mag is considered 'fixed' if it takes a tool to remove it. I can make it normal again if I move or remove it for repair/replacement if damaged. Still a semi gray area with the idiots over here but I just play it cool... :smoke:

Hunter78- I fogot about the gas tube cover-I basically copied Cobra on the Idea for this... I bought a SKS metal vented upper HG from tapco or someone-got it at a gunshow- for $10 and all I did was remove the sight rail, pinch the metal HG with some pliers in order to make it a snug fit around the gas tube and then reattached the sight rail. I can remove it easily if needed ,is held in place partly by the sight rail and makes it look meaner,and may keep me from buring myself at some point. I did not have to do any trimming or anything! :super::super:

I would like to try a Romy folder on this but I cannot due to the PRK law. I may buy a folder-the type that slips into the std rear trunnion- and maybe try it out when I am out of the state on a road trip, to see how it feels and looks/handles.

Thanks for the compliments ThousandSon. Your AMD-12 turned out awesome! Only one I've seen anything like that, besides Tom Cole's FA fire breathin dragon! I hope one day it can see it's full semi auto glory. Glad you like the trigger job, it's just like I have my tactical S-12 setup. Geat slug gun. Be careful loading thru the sideport with that safety selector BHO. I polished it to be easy to release with a little downward pressure so you can aim, flick it off, and start blasting. Make sure you hold onto it somehow while loading or you might lose a finger. :sadam:

Hope you get a chance to hit the range soon. :super:

OOOH YEA Baby!!!---I am going to try going to the range between friday and Sunday, plan on taking the G1FAL carbine,benelli nova, maybe my PAR AK's---have to see how they all group and if all are good then I will put a small dot on them. i need to sight all my stuff in again so they are good to go.......I have more to sight in but it is a start! :super:

And yes I will be careful on loading...does look a bit 'sensitive' :eek:

What's the purpose of the backwards pistol grip on the front? I know there are some AKs out there like that, but what is with the backwards orientation of the grip? Seems like that would work against holding the gun naturally and might even break your left wrist if you held it wrong. There's got to be a different reason aside from "b/c it looks cool." I'm not saying it isn't cool, I am just confused about the "why" reason behind grip.

Well for one, if the forward grip were swept back, like some custom conversions I've seen using regular AK PGs, it can get more in the way of mag changes.

Another is, that is how the classic Hungarian AMD-65 is set up and it's not that it looks more cool like that, it's the fact that it would look retarded (ummm "not correct") if you mounted it backwards.

;)

the reason is that the forward pistol grip does not get in the way of a rock and lock magazine and I have fired the weapon in the case I can tell you it works just fine in FULL AUTO! That is the famous TOM COLE SELECT FIRE SAIGA

Edited by topmaul

very cool shotgun.

I got my hands on a lot of AMD 64's they are cheap so the afghan police have a lot of them, the wire stock is useless, its not possable to get any cheek weld, I dont like that.

I assume the forend requires a lot of modification to fit? I got a standard fixed stock saiga that would look good with one. :)

Hi Mike-no it is a reg AMD 65 lower HG and pg but to get it on you would basically have to remove the gas block since it is a TIGHT fit around the barrel.

Racer- yea it should help in stability.

Dinzag--SORRY I did not get my order to you yet! I hope I still can order a couple shirts and the Sel Lever if you still have it ???