Md Arms 410 drums and mags

I sent a email to info@mdarms.com about possibly making some high cap mags or drums for the S.410 and the S.20 and the reply i recieved back sounds very promising. Here is the letter back from the email...

I don't plan to make a 20ga, the market is too small to recoupe cost. I do plan to make a .410 drum that will hold around 32rds. I also plan to make a stick mag for the .410. It will be no less than 10rd and am shooting for 15rds. I have a 15rd but am having a problem wth the feed angle once the 11 - 15 rd are in , it think it is just the incorrect angle at the botom of the mag but haven't had time to work on it more. Once the drum starts shipping I will have capitial again for more research. join our mailing list and you will get new product updates. There are many on the drawing board and it is just a matter of time. Thanks for your question, MikeD

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife is already asking if there will be a 20 rd "non linear feeding device" for her S-.410. She want's one as bad as I want one for my S-12 .

No need for a larger one than that, the >410 is best kept as light as possible for less phisically able shooters/HD.

I too inquired about the .410 drum. Mike D replied almost instantly with very positive news. He seems like a hell of a nice guy. As for the round count, I say the more the better. Once you stick a drum on your .410 you have thrown lightweight efficiency out the window. I would rather have as much bang, bang as possible. Can't fucking wait!

The big question: Will these work with Tony's .444 Marlin conversion??

I never considered that. I guess I will have to pick one of those up for testing. I only have one .410 and will need to get a few more as well to test in. This is a little ways off though. But hopefully I will have us something by mid '08 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well the Turks figured out how to do this with a AR platform... wonder if one of the .410 AR mags would work in the S410???

Some one give Rusmilitary or whatever his name is a shout and get him to try one of those mags in a S410...

i rarely ever post on here but a drum is worth posting about. . . PLEASE SELL ME ONE SOON! my 410 stays next to the bed in anticipation of something better than 5 rds at a time. 4rds is such a weak number that i had to modify my mag to take 5 and still be inserted on a closed bolt. dammit give me a reason to play with my 410!

Alright just to keep this thread alive, and ideas in MD's head. Definitely need a drum for the 410, I've been extra good this year too. Seeing the 12g MD-20 only furthers my desire for a 410 drum. Hopefully all we need is patience.

Sticks and drums till very alive here!!!!! It will be awhile off though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...