Ambidextrous Safety for the AK's

Well folks that's it. A new item for our weapons system. Ambidextrous Safety for the AK style rifles and shotguns. I've filed the patent paperwork and here's the only pic I have that came out worth a damn. I'm building a replacement safety with an AR style lever. I've got the prints up for the optional tactical style lever. Going to use about a 30 degree throw. Naturally the web sight is having fits and so is the camera. So you get one crappy little pic tonite. But, both sides are the same. Some modifications to the reciever are required. I'll be retailing this conversion at $195. Pre-paid orders $145 installed, and return shipped. 90 day turn-around or a $50 rebate. All of my work has a one year warranty. This offer good at Saiga 12 forum only. I don't think I'll tell anyone else for awhile yet. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 2

tom has designed it to mimic the basic function of an AR type safety, but ambidextrous, from my discussions with him. yes, he also told me that it was adjustable to your liking with a file, for stiffness of operation.

she might be pleased to hear that, actually. might be a good way to warrant this mod to your wife...

Looking forword to seeing more, from the picture it looks like an external receiver Galil or Tantal variation. Anything different going on in the inside or right side of the receiver? All in all a pretty good idea, geees I was way off.

In my mind this is where we need to be going, We've done a lot of mods to make our Saiga's "look" like AK's, but very little to improve performance. This, some barrel mods to reduce muzzle climb, magwells, LRBHO devices and improved releases, and better optic's mounting choices is where it's at. Looks like we have some guys starting to wake up and see the potential for the gun. A good Saiga isn't really cheap anymore, but you have to look at the performance gains with the modifications in place, not just the price.

Those of us in the know have been trying to improve performance while also trying to keep it real and not turning it into something too complicated. Mark you know exactly what I mean. Tom this is a great improvement and something that many AK enthusiasts have been looking for for a long time. It will do well. Along with the other new upcoming upgrades to the Saigas it will help bring this weapon platform to the forfront where it belongs. Look out bottomfeeders! We are coming!

Tom

Will your safety block the optic rail?

John , Good point, I've found two types of rail on my guns, so far, and I can fit this under each with some work. Remove, cut the clearance and reattach. I was trying to use the mill and cut the clearance without removal, and I may still work this out. It will make live a little easier on me.

Oh, shit....one more thing I'm going to have to start installing.........

I'll need the parts "kits" to install the things here, Tom. We'll talk off-line.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Sounds good Tony........when I first started trying to sell the entry guns and select fire models the biggest hurdle was getting the higher-ups to accept the AK style safety.

Sounds good elf beater. Needs a new dust cover design that covers the open slot the bolt carrier handle travels in. At first I thought just make the shield that rides on the S12 recoil spring bigger but on examination that wont work. Your new gadget would get rid of the hated AK safety with its infamous scratch but then that gap would always be open ready for external crud to fly in. That was one of the items on my pet peeves in your original request for ideas thread. So a cover that was always closed except when the bolt carrier was moving would be both practical and visually pleasing. I tell you what I will put my attic squirrels on that problem and if they come up with something I will let you know.

Of course AFTER a few pioneers give it the end user blessing I will order one IF it will also work with the other saiga mods (LRBHO, quick bolt release, mag well) that shortly will be features of my shotgun.

Hmm....so I'll be the first to ask. Does it DIS-engage when you slide the lever FORWARD? I've thought of making something similar to this, just way too much linkage unless it rotated BACK to disengage.

I'd like to hear the answer to this question. Do you rotate it counter-clockwise to release the safety?

Hmm....so I'll be the first to ask. Does it DIS-engage when you slide the lever FORWARD? I've thought of making something similar to this, just way too much linkage unless it rotated BACK to disengage.

I'd like to hear the answer to this question. Do you rotate it counter-clockwise to release the safety?

You will rotate this version towards the rear of the weapon