NEW IMPROVED LRBHO DESIGN

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, I'm gonna have to take out a second job as a male prostitute or something to pay for all of these extra goodies I know I am going to want for my S 12 :unsure: Wife gonna kill me before this is over, gonna kill me dead LOL

see this 10 round magazine? know where I got the money for that? manwhoring! see this custom wood stock set? know where I got the money for that? manwhoring!! Now get your he-pussy out there and get your money!! :lolol:

Damn, I'm gonna have to take out a second job as a male prostitute or something to pay for all of these extra goodies I know I am going to want for my S 12 :unsure: Wife gonna kill me before this is over, gonna kill me dead LOL

Tell your wife that is she uses the S12 to do the killing, 41, she needs to come in here later on and give us ballistics details on the body. I don't think anyone has done a live fire on a person yet, that I have heard about. :lolol:

YES!

Tell Momma that we want pix and details! What ammo, what distance- did she use a bench rest or shoot offhand-enquring minds want to know.

Also what does she look like? / If she isn't too fugly, someone aroud here will most likely marry her for you'r Saiga collection!

:wub:

LOL I hear ya guys. Word of warning, she is a big nasty tempered red head, and my guess would be either with a baseball bat or her pistol. She shows no interest in the S 12 except to bitch about how much I have spent on it. I think she is jealous of it because she sees the way that I touch it when I get it out and the soft look in my eyes when I hold it :rolleyes:

I will let her know that you guys want ballistics, on the off hand chance that I am wrong and she will use the shotgun.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to work on my bikini wax, and decide which truck stop to start "my second job" ;)

Edited by waltham_41

:super: I've seen the design and it is great. Very simple, very strong and I'm sure that will equal out to very reliable and very appealing. Also a few have mentioned package deals and such and I do plan to be a one stop shop for all the goodies in the future. I am also betting that Tony will probably add Cobra's lrbho to his list of mod work because it is very simple to install and a very strong design.

WAY TO GO COBRA!!!! :super:

Durn. I just sent you an email asking when I can be your guinea pig and THEN I see this thread. Sorry Shannon I be slow and all questions answered here. It doesn't sound like either you are Mike are going to have anything available for Santa to deliver to me. I guess that fat dude will bring the usual socks and underwear again. DOUBLE DOG DURN.

All sounds good. bring it on.

Durn. I just sent you an email asking when I can be your guinea pig and THEN I see this thread. Sorry Shannon I be slow and all questions answered here. It doesn't sound like either you are Mike are going to have anything available for Santa to deliver to me. I guess that fat dude will bring the usual socks and underwear again. DOUBLE DOG DURN.

Maybe Santa will bring you a gift certificate for a later date. :angel:

LOL I hear ya guys. Word of warning, she is a big nasty tempered red head, and my guess would be either with a baseball bat or her pistol. She shows no interest in the S 12 except to bitch about how much I have spent on it. I think she is jealous of it because she sees the way that I touch it when I get it out and the soft look in my eyes when I hold it :rolleyes:

I will let her know that you guys want ballistics, on the off hand chance that I am wrong and she will use the shotgun.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to work on my bikini wax, and decide which truck stop to start "my second job" ;)

I wish, Peg is a pushover compared to my lady. :unsure:

I think Santa will look at my list and get me a Kobra scope for the rifle. Matter of fact I think Santa is about to get right on that order. I am so tight with him it is almost like he and I are one and the same. Shotgun goodness will come when it comes.

Thanks for bringin the thread back on topic Mike... :rolleyes:

Rocinante don't sweat it bro, you're still at the top of the list, just busy on R&D with it right now and trying to make sure it's gonna be the best it can be and work with all the rest of the cool stuff.

Tell Santa that Kobra will have to do til the other one is ready. :smoke:

Good choice BTW.

Thought maybe I should link to this thread in case it gets buried. I gave some more details there.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry183942

Edited by Cobra 76 two

I think Santa will look at my list and get me a Kobra scope for the rifle. Matter of fact I think Santa is about to get right on that order. I am so tight with him it is almost like he and I are one and the same. Shotgun goodness will come when it comes.

You have an 'in' with Santa? Let's see where I should start my list................ :angel:

average person to install. The one I currently have working requires a very small modification to the mag body itself and to the follower, not as drastic as the other one currently available. Mine also requires no cutting or inletting of the receiver for installation. There is a manual tab that protrudes down thru the same hole the factory BHO does, and that slot needs no modification. The lever that makes it work goes over the top of the crossmember in the receiver, so no cutting is necessary there either.

answered my own question. Just let me know how much and where to send payment cobra.

Edited by mike123456

Yep, I want this to happen also. I'm left handed and the magazine swapping during my three gun stuff is killing me. Please let me know when you have this up and going. Hell, I'll even do some beta testing for you if you'd like some more input.

lol...I'm listening... :angel:

I'm planning on making a different one for each Saiga if possible but focusing on the 12 and 20 first. The only difference between the two will be one of the parts in the kit.

I'm planning on making a different one for each Saiga if possible but focusing on the 12 and 20 first. The only difference between the two will be one of the parts in the kit.

One more question. I have not converted my 20 GA and don't plan to. Will that make a difference?

One more question. I have not converted my 20 GA and don't plan to. Will that make a difference?

Nope.

ETA...not functionally.

I don't think the addition of a part to hold the bolt back automatically, and that only replaces the existing factory BHO with one much like it, should have any ramifications as far as compliance goes.... :unsure:

Edited by Cobra 76 two

So this LRBHO will engage when the mag is empty and remain engaged when the mag is released? Sounds VERY-NICE!

Do you need to modify your mags or gun other than installing the new BHO in the same place as the old BHO?

So this LRBHO will engage when the mag is empty and remain engaged when the mag is released? Sounds VERY-NICE!

Do you need to modify your mags or gun other than installing the new BHO in the same place as the old BHO?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Sorry, I was busy all afternoon with the Saiga Bitch...:angel: and didn't get to log back on til this morning.

"So this LRBHO will engage when the mag is empty and remain engaged when the mag is released? Sounds VERY-NICE!"

YES it will.

"Do you need to modify your mags or gun other than installing the new BHO in the same place as the old BHO?"

I'll try to answer this as best I can.

That is part of what is taking so long right now...

The way my proven design, that I've been using in my gun for two years, works... YES. There is a small and very easy modification to the follower that must be done in each mag you want to use to activate the LRBHO. Unlike the other available one however, with mine you can also use unmodified mags in your gun after installing the device, and it will still function normally, it just won't lock the bolt when the unmodded mag runs dry. BUT you can still use the manual tab to engage it whenever you like, you just have to count your rounds down if you want to lock it back on your last shot.

Now what I have been doing lately (when time allows) is redesigning part of the device to work without having to do any mods to the follower so it will be easier for everyone and less parts to have to make and install. I am also trying to make sure it will function right with Mike's new mags and magwell, as well as his bolt release lever, so there is a small delay til I get all that worked out. I'm waiting for Mike to send me a magwell to be sure the angle is right. I already have the Russian 8 rd mag that goes to the magwell and as far as I can tell the new design will work with that but until I actually get a magwell to install and test it I won't know for sure.

I do know that the AGP mags are harder to work with than the factory mags, due to the difference in thickness of the rear part of the mag at the top. It's looking like these for sure will need the follower modification. This mod isn't just something you dremel off, it's a part that must be added to it. I was hoping to eliminate that but it is not looking like that is going to be possible, at least on the AGP and maybe the factory mags. The problem is when you rock the mag into place the conventional way, the part that I'm trying to redesign is catching the shell rim on the topshell and engaging the BHO. I have a couple of ideas to try and fix that but I need time to play around wit it some more. With Mike not having a magwell available to me at this point that gives me some more time to wok on the redesign.

I could go to production right now on my currently working design but that would be taking a shortcut. The idea here is to put out something that will work in everyone's gun and need no further mods to work with the new products as well it is already working in my gun.

Well every metal magazine that I know of either has a metal follower that is bent up in one spot to activate a LRBHO, or has a little stick somehow attached to the follower that sticks up. Without the mags being designed for the tab, and without steel followers, we're going to have to attach something to premade mags. However, if somebody was making some brand new magazines (COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH) they could just mold this new part right into the follower (COUGH!).

Sorry, I was busy all afternoon with the Saiga Bitch...:angel: and didn't get to log back on til this morning.

"So this LRBHO will engage when the mag is empty and remain engaged when the mag is released? Sounds VERY-NICE!"

YES it will.

"Do you need to modify your mags or gun other than installing the new BHO in the same place as the old BHO?"

I'll try to answer this as best I can.

That is part of what is taking so long right now...

The way my proven design, that I've been using in my gun for two years, works... YES. There is a small and very easy modification to the follower that must be done in each mag you want to use to activate the LRBHO. Unlike the other available one however, with mine you can also use unmodified mags in your gun after installing the device, and it will still function normally, it just won't lock the bolt when the unmodded mag runs dry. BUT you can still use the manual tab to engage it whenever you like, you just have to count your rounds down if you want to lock it back on your last shot.

Now what I have been doing lately (when time allows) is redesigning part of the device to work without having to do any mods to the follower so it will be easier for everyone and less parts to have to make and install. I am also trying to make sure it will function right with Mike's new mags and magwell, as well as his bolt release lever, so there is a small delay til I get all that worked out. I'm waiting for Mike to send me a magwell to be sure the angle is right. I already have the Russian 8 rd mag that goes to the magwell and as far as I can tell the new design will work with that but until I actually get a magwell to install and test it I won't know for sure.

I do know that the AGP mags are harder to work with than the factory mags, due to the difference in thickness of the rear part of the mag at the top. It's looking like these for sure will need the follower modification. This mod isn't just something you dremel off, it's a part that must be added to it. I was hoping to eliminate that but it is not looking like that is going to be possible, at least on the AGP and maybe the factory mags. The problem is when you rock the mag into place the conventional way, the part that I'm trying to redesign is catching the shell rim on the topshell and engaging the BHO. I have a couple of ideas to try and fix that but I need time to play around wit it some more. With Mike not having a magwell available to me at this point that gives me some more time to wok on the redesign.

I could go to production right now on my currently working design but that would be taking a shortcut. The idea here is to put out something that will work in everyone's gun and need no further mods to work with the new products as well it is already working in my gun.

Take your time Cobra. :up:

Cobra,

You got one of the new magwell mags that have the follower that activates the LRBHO linkage on the Russian SWAT gun. If that doesn't have anything sticking up on it, then the LRBHO activator part must somehow stick down into the mag to contact the follower. I am assuming that this is what you are trying to do too. Were you able to get a look at how the Russian one is done?

Will... :haha:

Yes pedal2alloy that's pretty much what I'm trying to do now is duplicate the Russian version used in the S-12 SWAT. (but mine is different in how it holds the bolt) I already have one that will work great with the plug and play mags but it doesn't like the rock and lock thing. I may just end up offering two different options, depending on whether or not you have the magwell and straight insert mags.