I came across this on another gun forum I read. It's a collection of anecdotes written by an Argentinian architect about life after an economic collapse. It's a very good read, and it contains a lot of useful information for those of us with the insight to understand that the US economy is in a state of decline.

It's long, but you will not regret having read the entire thing.

This is food for thought. I have seen this before, and it is good to see that it is still around.

Just looking for SHTF utility of you'r normal purchases will put you way ahead of those who pay no attention to such things.

Instead of an electric shop heater, get a kerosine one. A kerosine lamp or 2 instead of all battery lights. Utility. I spend verry little on SHTF items. BUT I have

enough things that are normal day to day stuff -with SHTF utility- to survive. I like what he has to say about guns. Read that part over a few timees.

where is our nice member that just went through hurricane katrina???

you want SHTF? i dont think any of us will EVER be prepared for it, but by sharing info about it, maybe we can all be BETTER prepared.....

...got your iodine and chordless tools yet?? :)

Edited by Bvamp

and having my RIFLE, as against what this cat says, is a good thing. I think those that dont allow guns legally should stay where guns are illegal, and leave the rest of it up to the USA. We here are a unique breed.

Hey Bvamp just got back from Orlando. What a fucked up roadway system. More signs then you need for dumb shit but not enen close to enough for basic roadway things, like a right turn only sign that you can read with more then 2 cars in line, they were parked on the fucking thing.

When the next hurricane comes though if you have to get out or buy food do it a week early if you don't you probably wont get anything. People with respect for anyone. I went and got 2 cases of beer (a real case 24 cans) for my brother and me to drink from a Walmart. Not wanting to bother with a cart because it was busy I just walked to the back of the store and picked them up. As I'm walking to the front to check out some guy comes around the corner of a aisle, pushing a cart and talking to a girl, never looks where he is going and damn near runs me over. Does he stop or say sorry for not looking where he is going, no just keeps going (I'm in a main isle with a heavy load) until he notices I'm not going to stop then he puts on the brakes and looks at me funny like I'm supposed to stop for him. Fuck that. After the day that I had with traffic and all the fucktards down there that fucking cart was going to have a course correction if he wouldn't have stopped.

Never liked big citys much and I really don't now. How the fuck do you run out of kecthup for the despensers at a Mac Donald's? I know probably same reason it takes 5 minutes between taking orders there, not joking. "Do you have a McChicken here?" me. "Yes" girl. "Okay I'll take that and a small fry and a ....." me. "On the dollar menu?" girl. "I don't know if it is, I just want a McChicken and a small fry and a small drink." me. "So you want a McChicken, small fry, and a doulble cheeseburger?" What the fuck???????? :ded:

Is all of Florida like this? Or did Disney take all the ones that have a brain?

To bring this back on topic, you better have the things you need before you will need them. It will get ugly quickly if something major were to happen.

I went out to the commasary bought all the good cans of canned food form the damaged items rack. I will put it in my stash. The 12 cans of food I bought is enough to keep me and my wife form starving for all most a week. $9 very well spent. I figure once every few weeks I will go there and clean out the dammaged canned goods from now on untill I don't have any where left to stash it all.

I'm waiting for shotty ammo to go on clearance at wall mart.

but walmart really sells only the small loads, unless youre trying to make instant rabbit helper you're out of luck at 'The Mart.

Racer- Now you see what the level of education this system produces. The school I now work at had a graduationg class of 22 out of 109 last year, and the teachers have trouble getting answer to questions like how many continents are in the world, and how to spell 'continue'.

2-3/4 and 3 inch 00 buck shot shells I buy there arn't very small. They even have 3 1/2'' shells there.

They keep the good stuff locked up behind the counter.

Found some hollow point 9mm Rem. brand for 19 and change for 100 rounds there. Bought them out of it all 2 boxes.

• 1 year later...

I came across this on another gun forum I read. It's a collection of anecdotes written by an Argentinian architect about life after an economic collapse. It's a very good read, and it contains a lot of useful information for those of us with the insight to understand that the US economy is in a state of decline.

It requires a login to read it...?

Yep.

Is this a short enough article to copy/paste?

Yep.

Without seeing it, how could we possibly answer... :unsure:

i live out in the country , we often lose electricity after storms for days , i believe the longest has been 4 days . i realy dont see that big of a change in a shtf senerio . ok i might have to walk down to pond for water and boil it but big deal . i keep atleast a 1000 rd per gun but i think 22lr would be the best in a shtf , its quiet and best for small game like rabbit and tree rats , it can take down deer ( but is illegal to hunt deer with a 22 here ). i have a old 1967 fj40 that can run on drip gas from my gas wells so im good thier . i just dont see that big of change for country boys

Yep.

Try here I believe the initial link required a login process:

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/10.08/tshtf1.html

Yakdung

:-)

Yep.

The question was directed at those who had seen it..... like the OP.

Thanks for the working link yakdung.

Hey Bvamp just got back from Orlando. What a fucked up roadway system. More signs then you need for dumb shit but not enen close to enough for basic roadway things, like a right turn only sign that you can read with more then 2 cars in line, they were parked on the fucking thing.

When the next hurricane comes though if you have to get out or buy food do it a week early if you don't you probably wont get anything. People with respect for anyone. I went and got 2 cases of beer (a real case 24 cans) for my brother and me to drink from a Walmart. Not wanting to bother with a cart because it was busy I just walked to the back of the store and picked them up. As I'm walking to the front to check out some guy comes around the corner of a aisle, pushing a cart and talking to a girl, never looks where he is going and damn near runs me over. Does he stop or say sorry for not looking where he is going, no just keeps going (I'm in a main isle with a heavy load) until he notices I'm not going to stop then he puts on the brakes and looks at me funny like I'm supposed to stop for him. Fuck that. After the day that I had with traffic and all the fucktards down there that fucking cart was going to have a course correction if he wouldn't have stopped.

Never liked big citys much and I really don't now. How the fuck do you run out of kecthup for the despensers at a Mac Donald's? I know probably same reason it takes 5 minutes between taking orders there, not joking. "Do you have a McChicken here?" me. "Yes" girl. "Okay I'll take that and a small fry and a ....." me. "On the dollar menu?" girl. "I don't know if it is, I just want a McChicken and a small fry and a small drink." me. "So you want a McChicken, small fry, and a doulble cheeseburger?" What the fuck???????? :ded:

To bring this back on topic, you better have the things you need before you will need them. It will get ugly quickly if something major were to happen.

Most of Florida is like that....few places around here are good, but most aren't. If you think the roadways in Orlando suck, don't drive through Miami...fucking nightmare.

Yeah; that's kind of a turn off... :osama:

Most of Florida is like that....few places around here are good, but most aren't. If you think the roadways in Orlando suck, don't drive through Miami...fucking nightmare.

I went into Miami a little bit last year when I was down there. We got the fuck out pretty quick. Leaving on an interstate road there was every 100ft (at the farthest) skid marks going off the road and into the median. It was easy to tell what color the car was because of the smear on the wall and it got to be a game after a couple miles. Oooo a red one, yellow one, black one. Shit that one must have really hurt.

Haven't been through anything too bad here in Richmond,VA. I remember being without electricity for a week or 2 back around 97-98 due to a icestorm and again about 7 years ago when we had a hurricane come through. I was raised to have basic survival skills and common sense in a bad situation. I don't have a generator and didn't need one either time. I had food every day and even shared with a neighbor that had a baby. I wasn't stocked up like some of the survivalist I have seen online. Not saying you shouldn't but some are a bit extreme. I keep a good supply of dry goods and high nutrient rich foods like peanut butter, cans of tuna, brown/white rice, pasta and even SPAM. Cases of water are cheap and I keep a few in my utility room, even though I have a fully filtered water system in my house. I have a planned "escape route" to go to my mom's farm where food is readily available either from the crops, livestock, or the game nearby. I plan on doing a little more to "be prepared" but I'm not going to be stockpiling this house with truckloads of MRE's and ammo because I will not being staying here if things get that bad. I do not trust my neighbors and live too close for comfort to some of the more infamous neighborhoods in Richmond. If I was going to have a last stand it wouldn't be here.