Saiga 12 Poly choke

I got mine from Saiga Stock They shipped the order out very quickly.

http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=137

What's the value of one of these? Do they screw on a stock 19" threaded barrel?

Thanks,

Jake

Thread on. may need some loc-tite

Dinzag put one on My S12 and I love it!

(in fact, I think is used to be Cobras choke...)

Agreed; they're terrific.

They only have one draw back.... They are a son'o-bitch to thoroughly clean!

(Well.... perhaps they are not that much of a som-beotch to clean, but I challenge anyone to find a muzzle break or comp or flash hider or whatever the heck else you might have stuck on the end of your barrel, that has more groves to capture all the friggen carbon & powder that comes out of the shottie's end.)

I know from personal experience.... I have to dig out the friggen dental tool each and every time to scrape in there between the opennings and ribs... it's loads of fun.

:evil:

Edited by Gary

So, are these helpful for trap shooting or something/hunting?

Yes. They allow you to control the amount of spread you get in your shot pattern. If you shoot slugs or buckshot only really no need. I chose it because it is more versitile than buying the whole set of chokes and then carrying them when in the field.

Agreed; they're terrific.

They only have one draw back.... They are a son'o-bitch to thoroughly clean!

(Well.... perhaps they are not that much of a som-beotch to clean, but I challenge anyone to find a muzzle break or comp or flash hider or whatever the heck else you might have stuck on the end of your barrel, that has more groves to capture all the friggen carbon & powder that comes out of the shottie's end.)

I know from personal experience.... I have to dig out the friggen dental tool each and every time to scrape in there between the opennings and ribs... it's loads of fun.

:evil:

powderblast.jpg:super:

• 1 month later...
Dang it! Another group buy?

It turns out I can get these at about $85 shipped. The ones without the slots are a bit cheaper. Anyone interested? If so, email me the next week and I'll set it up.

Jake

Jake,

I'd be into a buy for a slotted one.

I ordered one from Centerfire Systems for mine. After getting the runaround from them for two weeks and still no shipped part, I cancelled and ordered it from Gilberts Guns. They shipped it the same day. Same price, too.

Note that the Centerfire ad says "made to the standards of the original Poly-Choke". I think it's a knock-off -- and at the same price. Also no guarantee it's a US part (Poly-Chokes are clearly marked "Made in the USA").

Jim

There wouldn't be any red tape, provided that the Polychoke was permanently attached, and that the overall length of the barrel with the Polychoke attached BUT THE ADJUSTING SLEEVE REMOVED was at least 18". Since the adjusting sleeve is not permanent, it won't count as barrel length. The barrel measurement would be from the breech to the end of the fingers of the choke. It could be argued that the breech end of the barrel for measurement purposes would be at the end of the fingers, or the extension back past the breech, but you would probably have to go to court, and ATF would have to remove the barrel and measure to prove it. It's just easier to measure from the breech.

• 9 months later...
How does the choke mount, does it use typical inner barrel threads, or the outside threads?

It uses the factory outside thread. Unscrew the thread protector and screw this is on tight. You can use a little loctite if you wish.

http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?pro...DPolyChoke%2DII Makc has them in the store above. Great item.

Greg

• 1 month later...
If you shoot slugs or buckshot only really no need. I chose it because it is more versitile than buying the whole set of chokes and then carrying them when in the field.

Are you able to shoot slugs through the choke at the tightest setting? I just got an S12 and am looking at one for a 922 compliance part.

It turns out I can get these at about $85 shipped. The ones without the slots are a bit cheaper. Anyone interested? If so, email me the next week and I'll set it up.

Jake

Jake,

I'd be into a buy for a slotted one.

+2

• 2 weeks later...
is this deal still available?

Thanks

atlasshrugged1999@yahoo.com

Jake

That post is dated from over a year ago.