I went to the gun range to test out my new Surefire 30rd magazine I ordered for my x39. I was shooting it and it was going real good. Then all of a sudden a round misfired and the shell jamed in the chamber. The bolt carrier was jammed and did not want to move back. I had to take off the dust cover and disasemble the weapon. When I took it a apart ther was a bullet case that was ripped open on the side of the case. So i had to leave which sucked cause I was having a good time shooting and went to my local gun store. Long story short the manager just refunded my money and then I put the money down and bout a brand new WASR-10!!!. So bye bye Saiga it was good while it lasted

I guess your lucky you didn't blow your ass up...are u sure you want to try again?

Added: Gonna say it again - there is a bunch of 'dumb ass' 'You tube' type newbies here all of a sudden. Sorry, just what I'm seeing. I know it wasn't his fault...but talking to some of these guys, I wonder.....

Edited by BullShark012
Damn, that sucks!! One question though, why not just get another Saiga?

As an owner of Saigas and a WASR, that is a fantastic question. I personally would take Russian over Romanian. Good luck though, at least you knew to keep it Kalashnikov.

I was thinking about getting another saiga but I realized, I already spent $250 and then all the other parts I was planning on buying would equal about the same as a AK. So I figured I already had the Saiga and maybe I should get something new. Plus the guys threw in a free set of rounds so I guess it all wasnt that bad. I cant wait for Monday so I can go out to the range to fire off this WASR

yeh charlie, it sounds like a case split, followed by a shell that failed to chamber fully, dont it?

what kind of ammo were you using? do you remember EXACTLY what round it was, as in make/bullet grains?

I was thinking about getting another saiga but I realized, I already spent $250 and then all the other parts I was planning on buying would equal about the same as a AK. So I figured I already had the Saiga and maybe I should get something new. Plus the guys threw in a free set of rounds so I guess it all wasnt that bad. I cant wait for Monday so I can go out to the range to fire off this WASR

A russian made AK is far better than a romanian century WASR AK.

yeh charlie, it sounds like a case split, followed by a shell that failed to chamber fully, dont it?

what kind of ammo were you using? do you remember EXACTLY what round it was, as in make/bullet grains?

I too am curious about what ammo was being used. Did you get the ammo from the same guys that gave you free ammo with the WASR? Maybe thats why its free... :D

Pfft @ WASR, i thought this post was a joke when i read it, now that i realize it is serious i kinda wanna fist fight someone....

*watches out the window for a victim*

Small world

I had a case split This weekend also. ( brown bear 123gr FMJ ) dont have the LOT number.

did not end my day, disasembled inspected chamber, bore and reciever. put her back together and bang bang bang for the rest of the day ( 200 rds ).

Does kind od give you the willies but I blame bad Ammo.

Did get to shoot my buddies FAL and 5.45x39 dam FAL'S are sweet.

Dont know why the post quoted you Dam Danger my bad

Edited by AZsaiga

1 time I was shooting black box wolf and I had the shell's rim pull off and the case stayed inside, The next round tried to load but got wedged. I removed the wedged shell and saw the other case. Used my broke shell extractor to pull it out. No problems ever since that was a few thousand rounds ago

Good deal that you are safe and did not have a kaboom. I would be very leery of the ammo, sounds like the case was not formed right. It seem with steel case ammo can crack if it not heat treated right. I had some steel case bulgy 7.62x25 that the casing would split. That ammo cause a lot of CZ52 pistols to blow up. I would get rid of the ammo with your new Wasr. Be safe.

Edited by tatactical
I went to the gun range to test out my new Surefire 30rd magazine. I was shooting it and it was going real good. Then all of a sudden a round misfired and the shell jamed in the chamber. Long story short the manager just refunded my money and then I put the money down and bout a brand new WASR-10!!!. So bye bye Saiga it was good while it lasted

well good for you :smoke: . you should be proud in your ability to safely discern a faulty weapon from an ammunition issue. I'm sure you will be happy with your WASR, which is known for crooked front sight bases, mag well variations, poor conversions etc. etc. congratulations :lolol:

Come on, give the Saiga another shot (no pun intended). Go back to the shop, tell the guy you made a mistake and trade your WASR back in for your Saiga. I mean, the way it stands now, you turned in a Kate Beckinsale for a dirty hooker :haha: .

You'd think 22 was joking, but you'd know he isn't if you owned a WASR. It's the only gun I have that I'm not proud of. I'll spend a bunch of money on her and get her to be a decent gun, she'll just be ugly.

WOW, I just read on this post. So now not talking anything bad about the Saiga, I mean if I didnt like it I wouldnt have bought it. But I figured I was doing alot of things to make it look like a AK and figured why not just save all that money and buy a AK. Personally I think the WASR looks alot better and meaner then the Saiga, but thats my opinion

Also, I'm not putting anybody down but its funny how everybody has their own point of views on the pros/conns of AKs and Saigas. I love this forum and even though I dont have my Saiga I still log on and read whats everybody's saying.

WOW, I just read on this post. So now not talking anything bad about the Saiga, I mean if I didnt like it I wouldnt have bought it. But I figured I was doing alot of things to make it look like a AK and figured why not just save all that money and buy a AK. Personally I think the WASR looks alot better and meaner then the Saiga, but thats my opinion

Also, I'm not putting anybody down but its funny how everybody has their own point of views on the pros/conns of AKs and Saigas. I love this forum and even though I dont have my Saiga I still log on and read whats everybody's saying.

Yeah, you have to work to get a Saiga back to it's AK look, but you end up with an all around better gun. I guarantee you won't find anyone (who knows what they're talking about) who recommends a WASR over a Saiga.

You're right, it's your opinion. Everyone has opinions, some different than others. It's also your money, spend it how you feel. I think most of the talk in this thread was just poking fun. Of course we're all gonna recommend another Saiga, don't forget what forum you're at :haha: . But if you're happy with your purchase, then congrats. That's all that matters anyway. Safe shooting.

Also, I'm not putting anybody down but its funny how everybody has their own point of views on the pros/conns of AKs and Saigas. I love this forum and even though I dont have my Saiga Il log on and read whats everybody's saying.

I have to say "have fun with your WASR" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: , I am thinking about getting a STG-2000 and it is as well a wasr. I did alot of research on WASR's and the STG and have found that most AK people (those who have them had them and wil have them) all say the same WASR's are Affordable AK varients. with a SAIGA you are getting the Russian AK-47, 74 built on the real line, redisigned to allow it to be imported in to our leftwing antigun pig headed liberal demacratic country. Yes I love america, and vote and I never served but come from 5 gen's of Roberts men who died for the right to rant. Whne you look at the real cost. WASR 379.00 Ak ready. Saiga 269.00 + 139.00 in parts. If you were to purchase a ak of the same build quality and specs of a Saiga, you would be in it for 575 to 650 :dollar: TX gun show prices. I have 3 and will pick my 4th up this weekend. And think you can sell that 10rnd mag for 30.00 on ebay to some poor bastard in CA. who can have the 30 rnd mag. But I am getting a STG I like the look and Well if it goes bang bang I can care less. I love the AK. I have 3 AR's and hate them but there so cool looking.

JUST ENJOY YOUR RIGHT TO SHOOT AN AK, AR OR WHAT EVER ELSE YOU HAVE.

Picture072.jpg

I am thinking about getting a STG-2000 and it is as well a wasr. I did alot of research on WASR's and the STG...

You didn't do that much research if you're thinking about an STG 2000 :P

I'm kidding of course but I've never heard anyone say one good word about that gun. Try to check one out in person if you haven't already. They probably run fine but the finish on them is pretty terrible. The handguards look like they were fused together with a soldering iron.

I also heard recently (and this may just be rumor) that they reach 922r compliance with the mag followers and floorplates so they may not be legal with mil-surp mags.

Here's an older post from when AIM started selling them. Blenderwizard bought one and sent it back.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...30&start=30

Edited by Willie D
I am thinking about getting a STG-2000 and it is as well a wasr. I did alot of research on WASR's and the STG...

You didn't do that much research if you're thinking about an STG 2000 :P

I'm kidding of course but I've never heard anyone say one good word about that gun. Try to check one out in person if you haven't already. They probably run fine but the finish on them is pretty terrible. The handguards look like they were fused together with a soldering iron.

I also heard recently (and this may just be rumor) that they reach 922r compliance with the mag followers and floorplates so they may not be legal with mil-surp mags.

Here's an older post from when AIM started selling them. Blenderwizard bought one and sent it back.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...30&start=30

I have not held one and before I buy I will def check them out. The one thing I like abou the Saiga is the HG. I never was a fan of the Ak look. I like the look of the HK's and My Sig 556, I changed the Tapco crap out and put a set of 552 HG and a CTR stock

PICT0016.jpg

This how it shouldve looked! I think F-up when they did the tapco crap furniture. Oh yeh SIG did get there shit together and changed the look of the gun.

stg20001.jpg

I like this look of the STG-2000 If cost wasn't a big deal, and it is! I would try and Mod the STG parts to a Saiga and have a great gun.

I bought my first Saiga 7.62 in Lubbuck, TX for 239.00. I shot 1,800 rnds in a weekend with my 3 kids and never had a hickup. I modded 3 magpul mags with a file in my truck and had a hell of a goodtime. My Stag AR's 6.8 .223 I had to clean every 200-500 rnds to keep them functioning. I then became a ak fan Saiga fan. If the Saiga can fire wolf ammo all day and all night and hit dead on at 250 yrds I would rather shoot them. Just the AK is the best value out there.

Like superhawk138 above mentioned, you should have a bullet extractor in your range bag at all times. The problem with the ammo coming from East Block countries today is that there is so much demand worldwide that they have revved up there manufacturing capacity to maximum, and therefor quality suffers of consequence.

Sorry you had such bad luck with your Saiga the first time out with it. However, don't be surprised if you experience the same thing with the WASR. I had mine jam up on me once, but that was entirely my fault. I had not inserted the mag all the way so the latch was not locking it in.