i like the one i had, unfortunatly my buddy liked it better andi had to take his money..nice setup.. tried everything form 147 gr. to 90 gr. everything shot very well.. i put a piston buffer in it and fired 9mm subgunammo from southern ammo,, which was made in israel for uzi fixed bolt .. super hard primers... had to change and use xtra heavy hammer spring..for this only.. man that unit rocked... but i also like the the olympic arms 9mm upper wich takes uzi mags... good blowback unit... there was a conversion available for sten mags from uzi mags butnever got to try that one. rra has a great unit but if you are in a hurry its not for you they are back logged on EVERYTHING. guess thats what happens when you make a good thing.

I think conversions are more of a pain in the ass then what its worth, keep your .223 the way it is and just get the RRA purpose made one, RRA does a great job on their guns, worth the buy. BUT if your going to do the mag block, plus carrier and buffer swap out, i'd go with RRA parts or check out brownells or someone for a HAHN PRECISION or CMMG kit.

I think conversions are more of a pain in the ass then what its worth, keep your .223 the way it is and just get the RRA purpose made one, RRA does a great job on their guns, worth the buy. BUT if your going to do the mag block, plus carrier and buffer swap out, i'd go with RRA parts or check out brownells or someone for a HAHN PRECISION or CMMG kit.

RRA has dedicated 9mm lowers now, no need to mess with mag-blocks. Maybe I'll pick one up when they start sending out "stimulus" checks :D .

RRA has dedicated 9mm lowers now, no need to mess with mag-blocks. Maybe I'll pick one up when they start sending out "stimulus" checks :D .

that was my plan =D

It's hard to beat the original Colt 9mm if you can find one. Especially if you are gonna do anything on a registered FA platform. The Colt LEO units had the FA carrier in them from the factory. These units used a modified Uzi mag or Colt mag and worked with just about any ammo I found to feed it with.. ...... :smoke:

It's hard to beat the original Colt 9mm if you can find one. Especially if you are gonna do anything on a registered FA platform. The Colt LEO units had the FA carrier in them from the factory. These units used a modified Uzi mag or Colt mag and worked with just about any ammo I found to feed it with.. ...... :smoke:

VK, do you have a Colt carbine? the last one i shot was a POS...it rattled, was inaccurate and jammed, but it was also a rental gun.....so, if you got one, i would like some wear and tear feedback ;)

Cheap 9mm ammo....blow back design. Nothing particularly better, just different. Also makes for a pretty fun SBR, and I'd imagine (since my state doesn't allow) would be a good gun for a can.

Thats my plan as I have a can in process....just waiting for that FORM 4 to hit my dealer!!!

WOOOHOO!!! Suppressed AR in 9mm MmmmHmmm!!! :ph34r::devil::super:

I'm thinking of getting a 9mm conversion kit for my AR. Does anyone have one and how do you like it? Comments, concerns, bitches, moans and gripes are all welcome.

Thanks to all that reply.

There must be something in the H2O. I too want one of these before the AWB of 2009[sic] and after my extensive research, extensive in that I do not want to pay for anything until I have exhausted all outlets of info that include opinions and technical reviews, I came up with this summation: This is kind of a brief general synopsis. You will spend as much on a kit as a complete rifle if you use a dedicated lower otherwise you can save a couple hundred $$. Model 1 sales products are very good quality but their 9mm has 1in15 or 1in12 barrel twist most everyone else's is 1in10. This could be a factor with bullet weight but a personal decision. RRA is currently NOT producing the intregral 9mm lower and they will not commit to a date of production and as stated in another thread you might get it before the new AWB is implemented. I know their site says they are available but upon ordering one, that is what I was told. You are only paying for the Colt name, alot of their parts are not mil-spec, their customer service sucks and their guns are not too good. I bought one in 7.62x39 NIB and it never worked right until I got what was wrong with it fixed. That being the barrel was loose in the receiver {not screwed in far enough} and the gas key was also loose leading to FTF. It came this way from the factory. The bolts were staked on too loose allowing gas to escape beneath the key. Colt would not repair it. Besides they and buttholes like Jim Zumbo think civilians shouldn't own these anyway, seriously I will not buy Colt anything because of this attitude and fortunately there are too many other quality Mfg's at your disposal that sell a better product. Why do you think the Military uses FN mfg M-16s? Quality issue. Anyway, a personal decision. I went with American Spirit Arms, not well known but very high quality. Their mag block takes Uzi or c-product mags. It is top loaded so when the receiver closes the block stays in, bolt hold open on CP mags and the block does not come out with mag release, works as it should. I don't use colt mags cause they are $30-50 more than c-products and the CP mags are stainless, bigger tolerances= tighter mag fit and the BHO feature is on them. Olympic parts are good also as are Stag Arms. I do not think DPMS or Bushmaster make 9mm components. There are alot of options and it comes to personal choice but check out issues like bolt ramping, 9mm hammer issues and FA vs Semi. I would have gone with the RRA complete rifle but since the intregral lower is not available I passed on them. Hope this assists in your decision.

Edited by U.S Praetorian
  • 1 month later...

I have a COLT 9MM LEO Carbine. It shoots great. All I have shot in it is 124gr Winchester and some 124gr Norinco. It is a hoot to shoot.

Edited by Banshee