Didn't have much time to shoot today. Only ran 65 rounds through it. Found the trigger pull to be a lot longer than the last Glock 30/21 that I've owned, but it was very very accurate right out the box. That is not the part that impressed me most........ my 14yr old son was with me and wanted to try his hand at it. I very rearly let him or any of my children shoot, but I do so it'll take the facination out and add the education into firearms handeling. Anyway, I was surprised at how well my son was able to adapt and control his shot placement. ...... He could not do this same thing with any of my Glocks and this is as far back as three months ago. They didn't like firing Glock, felt they were too much gun for them. This weapon may have a longer pull and this was evedanced by my son almost throwing his shot at the target, but at twenty feet he called a head shot and darned if he didn't get it. I noticed myself that the recoil was soft. And there was not any misfeeding at all. This was done with regular practice ammo I had laying around. Better than a Glock? I won't say better, but I will say it would be easier for somneone new to polymer 45 ACP's to master. Time to run some hollow point ammo through it. Next up is some Remmington Express Subsonic ammo next week.

Subsonic...??

I've got some 45 acp factory ammo pushing 1100+ FPS. Corbon is HOT in 400 Corbon (necked down 45 to 40 at 1400fps). Triton was hot also. Still got some of that also.

I also got the Taurus GOLD 'somethingerother' ammo that is hot $20/box of 20. Don't think they make it any more.

My old XD9 (formally HS2000) was nice and straight out of the box.

Looking at XD45's myself now.

I've got the 4" service model, and I love it! I've put about 250 rounds through it and not one problem at all. Hollow points, FMJ, cheap crap, Corbon +P, you name it, it ate it. It has a long trigger pull, but I love that as I still have a wee bit of flinch when I pull the trigger and it really helps me with that. Plus you can't argue with 13+1 capacity!

The Springfield XD 45s are nice and all... but if one hasn't fondled and/or fired a Steyr M-A1 series pistol... then one hasn't thoroughly investigated all the options available for a polymer-type semi-auto pistol. Just my opinion mind you.

Congrats with you XD 45 though!

:rolleyes:

I love the XD platform. Have a pair of XD-9 Service models and a XD-45 service model. My only worry on the service models is the recoil spring assembly, it can fail by unscrewing and binding the gun up good (this has been documented, not a frequent occurrence but possible). My XD-9s have a Don's Rod full length guide rod (available at Pistolgear.com) and use Wolff springs rated at #22 for the Springfield compact, no such options for the XD-45 Service the last I looked. They are great guns though, between them and the new S&W M&P 45 they are taking market share away from Glock. Glock had better get up and smell the coffee as far as modern pistol ergonomics go.

i think its shooter's preferance, i owned a G21C and I thought it was the most accurate and natural aiming 45 i've ever shot (besides the Laes Baer and STI guns) i shot the XD 45 and find no fault in it, they have a good buyer's package.

• 2 weeks later...

I love my XD .45 ACP best handgun I've ever shot.

Though I've tricked it out a bit since I bought it.

Night sights, new barrel, and weighted guide rod.

50 yard shots are easy with it.

The Springfield XD 45s are nice and all... but if one hasn't fondled and/or fired a Steyr M-A1 series pistol... then one hasn't thoroughly investigated all the options available for a polymer-type semi-auto pistol. Just my opinion mind you.

Congrats with you XD 45 though!

:rolleyes:

I have an M9 and and Xd45 tactical.....

M9 was my first centerfire Auto pistol, and it shoot really nice, feels good too. but damn that XD45 fits the hand really well too....and a lot more firepower with 14 rounds of 45 than with 15 rounds of 9mm.

I like both....but in a pinch i'd be going with the XD.

M9 was my first centerfire Auto pistol, and it shoot really nice, feels good too. but damn that XD45 fits the hand really well too....and a lot more firepower with 14 rounds of 45 than with 15 rounds of 9mm.

14 vs 16.

I've heard the newer steyr high cap mags are 15 rd. Mine from the older M9 are only 14 round. I have four of them....all are only 14 round...trust me i have tried to get a 15th in there....no go......so for me anyway it is 15 total....

• 1 month later...

14 vs 16.

I've heard the newer steyr high cap mags are 15 rd. Mine from the older M9 are only 14 round. I have four of them....all are only 14 round...trust me i have tried to get a 15th in there....no go......so for me anyway it is 15 total....

i just got in some mecgar 18 rd mags and some 20 rd mags as well..i haven't shot them yet but they are enanced functioning mags and they are from mecgar so i have no reason to doubt them.

• 10 months later...

For a long long time I wanted a Glock 22. Was at a shop and found a rebuilt/refurb in real nice shape. You could see not many if any rds through it. I was real impressed with the .40 cal. After my deal I needed a shoulder holster so off to another shop. Looking in the cases to see if my glock deal was a good deal (which it was) what do I find?? An XD .40 cal sub compact. Picked it up racked it a few times handed it back and went home. All day long I thought how good that handgun fit. It broke me big time but went back and got it.This pistol was the right size for me to carry, big enough to knock down and heavy enough to handle the recoil. Put 40 rds through it and I know I found what I really want. :wub: Here is the Glock 22 as well.

post-13220-1239583003.jpg

post-13220-1239583332.jpg

Edited by whitetrashrn