• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless, I think all can rest assured that from what I know of David from his posts, he was prepared in life to continue on his journey when the time came. My prayers go out to his family and friends as they work through this hard time in life.

Whoa, sorry to see this, my condolences to his family and friends..... When I first came here, it seemed that Aethelbert was the only other one who had any interest n the 410.

Its an interesting phenomenon knowing a member of the forum is passed on, it almost adds some tangibility to a person I never got to meet outside of this forum.

Kinda makes me wonder about God. He takes a great man like this and leaves the pieces of shit for us to deal with.

Keep in mind, God's kingdom is not of this earth..... it belongs to someone else...

It is up to us to chose if we belong to God or the world.

Last thing I think Dave would ever have wanted is for anyone to be angry at God because he was called home.

The rain falls on the just and the unjust....

Kinda makes me wonder about God. He takes a great man like this and leaves the pieces of shit for us to deal with.

Keep in mind, God's kingdom is not of this earth..... it belongs to someone else...

It is up to us to chose if we belong to God or the world.

Last thing I think Dave would ever have wanted is for anyone to be angry at God because he was called home.

The rain falls on the just and the unjust....

I know Drew. It just right now, I hurt so damn bad. I know he's in a better place. But that's not where I want him. I want him here with me. Just like my brother. Just having a problem with my faith. It's still there. Ii just wonder some times is all.

Racegal - just like war and peace - without death, there would not be life - as good a man as he was, I am sure there was an angel waiting for him, to guide him to heaven. A lot of people think that life is just the first step in our journey....

The fact that it hurts is a good thing in a strange way! it shows that you have a heart and able to feel...

The loss of someone dear is SUPPOSED to hurt..... Not fun at all.. but just as much a part of life as breathin'.

The fact that it hurts is a good thing in a strange way! it shows that you have a heart and able to feel...

The loss of someone dear is SUPPOSED to hurt..... Not fun at all.. but just as much a part of life as breathin'.

Yes, I have a heart. But how many people does He have to take to prove it? My Grandmother, my brother, Nathaniel, Uncle Pete and now David? Those are just in the past couple years. It's just getting really difficult to keep losing those that I love.

Ultimately.... everyone goes down that road....

I know it may not seem like it... but it ain't "set up" just to hurt you....

I draw close to God so that I may be with them again someday.....

You never know what prayers may have been uttered in the last seconds of life....

You still have many here that need YOU!

and you have a network full of friends to be there for you......

Well put Juggernaut.

I used to so afraid of death that I could not sleep for fear that I would die if I slept. It really messed with me for years. Had a lot of deaths in my immediate family as a child, a brother 2 sisters and my mother.

But I finally accepted the fact that it is going to happen to me, and to everyone that I know and love.

Now I have a sort of resignation, its going to happen whether I like it or not, no reason to let it tear me apart inside. And if nothing else, I will find out what is on the other side, and if there is an afterlife my loved ones will be there waiting for me.

Not saying that I am looking forward to it, but it no longer has the grip of terror that it had on me in the past.

Racegal, please hang in there, time heals all whether we realize it or not.

Why do good things happen to bad people and vice versa, the question that plagues the faithful down through eternity. I saw a church sign once that said "Smooth seas dont make skilled sailors" and its a saying that I find myself going back to very often. If life was always easy, we would be weak and useless. If you leave food out for a wild animal, eventually it stops hunting, and in time it forgets how.

We can never comprehend Gods plan, and questioning it is disrespectful to Him, we learn this from the book of Job, sometimes you just need to step back take a deep breath and KNOW that God is right there with you and be thankful for everything He has done. I have to do this on an hourly basis sometimes.....

Edited by chris410