Gun Club Moron Rant....

Took my Tromix S17 to the local trap club that I have been to many times before.

A bunch of the older guys thought it was pretty cool and had a bunch of questions

A few guys wit sticks up there A** complained about the brake gas and blowback and how it was interrupting their shooting.

They asked me not to shoot it there on public days, but OK on private days.

Fast Forward to tis weekend:

We have a private shoot organized through where I work at the same club. They said they didn't care if I shot it during a private shoot last time I was there.

Talked to the guy who was organizing it through work last night and got this:

Hey Joe, it's col to bring any 12 gauge right?

-Why, what are you bringing?

My new toy, 8" SBS

-You cant hit anything with that(1st wrong answer by him)

I already ran it at the club, hit 9/25

-Well that is illegal, barrels have to be 11"(2nd and 3rd wrong answer)

Nope, got all the paperwork, and 18" is the minimum....

-Well it cant be safe while swinging with other shooters on the line(I guess he did not recall that 5 seconds prior I stated I ran it there already)

Nope, perfectly safe, been shooting quite a few years and safety is no.1

Got a little upset and walked away grumbling.

I am taking it tomorrow and see what flies.

It sucks how close minded some people are!!!!!!!

Rant Off:)

Just fuddy duddly :ded:

You should expend a large magazine....quickly :angel:

I second the motion.

You should have a BUNCH of Saiga shooters come to the club, bring a video cam, and have a BALL! Watching the Fudd have a coronary will be well worth it. We did it at our club. We had a LOT of fun! :devil:

Way to rub that in Bob!

I run in to WAY too many fuds...

Jake

lol Jake. We do too.

The funny thing is, they only let us shoot FA at the "plinking range". It's also the only place they shoot back powder.

Some funny shit ensues. Usually there are a few old guys with caplocks when we pull up. They get a little uptight as we unload the truck.

Hah! Funny thing the main asshole at my gun club is the damn president! I was going to report him to the trustees but it would have done no good. He does alot of work around the club so he is aloud to be a fuckin' retard I guess. I almost got in a fist fight with this guy while out camping because I was "stealing firewood" from the clubhouse. He pulled up and started to rant and rave, all red faced, and I said "Hey man I saw no sign of what stack to take from, I am sorry and I am putting it back now. Where can I take it from?" Well, in our club rules you are allowed to use firewood from the club only on club grounds, which is only right and also since here in Ohio we have the Emerald Ash Borer Beetle that is killing a ton of ash trees and gets transplanted into new areas by hauling firewood, I am good with this. He had no knowledge of this at all and acted like an oaf when I told him that I would not haul firewood in. He continued to be an asshole. Well about an hour later I am sitting at camp and he is running his damn dogs and giving me the evil eye. That was my breaking point. I after he went into the clubhouse alone, I went in after him, thinking I might get an apology. Nope, he started more shit with me and got up in my face. This guy has 1/2 foot on me and 40 pounds or more. Big asshole that I am sure is used to pushing people around. I did not back down but stood there and told him I hope he doesn't talk to his wife and kids that way! Also, I asked him what age he is because he acts like a 2 year old! Well I'm surprised he didn't take a swing at me, but I had a SP101 with full house loads in it in my fanny pack so fuck him! :devil: Well, I had enough this summer of that and only went back to shoot a bit, no more camping. Hate the high school drama, all he had to do was be civil, but that was beyond him. Damn Fudds! :angry:

I just shot a 23 tonight in near dark with my Spartan, I was the ONLY one shooting at the line, so I was loading 5 rounds at a time and calling for the bird as fast as I could... I was actually calling for them and breaking them faster than the machine would throw them ( We have a voice activated thrower...) By the time I got to station 4 and 5, I could barely see over the barrel from the heat mirage... LOL

Still managed a 23/25... and the LAST time I shot there... about a month ago... I pulled a 24/25.

The trap team CONSTANTLY asks me to join... I tell them I shoot good enough for me, why would I need to waste all that money in shells to do it ALL the time??? They HATE that! LOL cause they WANT me to shoot for them and I refuse... thats the BEST way for me to screw it to the fudds... I can outshoot them with my Saiga 12... but its more fun to do it with my $160.00 Spartan autoloader. They have multi-thousand dollar trap guns and I still outshoot them!!! LOL

:haha::rolleyes: FUDDS! :rolleyes::haha:

:smoke:

Had an overall good day.

I would say 98% of the guys couldn't keep the drool in their mouths:)

The other 2%, have no clue what fun is......

I wish I had a dollar for every time I said Tromix, I could've took a few days off!!!!! The guys that I know that are into guns, high end O/U's and custom guns really admired Tony's work and felt that the price that was paid for the work done and the quality was well worth it.

I was running 20% with it which is OK for the amount I shoot it and I have not patterned it yet, (I never do though:)

Ran flawless with 7.5 AA handicaps

I told everyone about this forum so hopefully we may have a few new members and customers for the contributors.

Only 2 negatives:

1. Someone compared it to a mossberg bullpup? I almost PUKED

2. The guy that was giving me shit the night before says: "We don't shoot guns like that at this club, thats what you use to rob a liquor store" Pardon me it doesn't compare to you Kriegoff. The good thing is in 5 years, my saiga will be up and his will probably be down........

I learned a long time ago not to argue with idiots, they will only beat you with experience!

I gotta get it out more especially to a 3 gun match:)

Thanks!

I've never brought my Saiga out to the Skeet or Trap range before. Maybe I should. :) I've had a few guys from the local clubs try to get a little ornery with me before, forcing me to pull rank, and suddenly they're teddy bears. DOUCHE bag teddy bears, but still.

Dad and I went to the local indoor range and some dude was shooting a Kimber. He sees dad shooting half dollar groups with a .45 and comes over to see what it is. Turns out it was a $200 Ballister Molina with duct tape holding the grips in place. Guy couldn't believe it. Dad let him shoot it and the guy creamed his pants. Shame dad ended up taking the duct tape off.

Luckily I belong to a really cool club. The majority of people are pretty cool. We have IPSC, Cowboy Action, Full Auto, Trap& Skeet and a nice 300 yard range. We have one armpit who comes wearing a full WWII German Uniform. We ignore him.

I did belong to a club 20 years ago that had a lot of jerks. Telling people with ARs that they were the cause of all the gun control crap, or making comments about how when we have our Semi-Autos confiscated they will still have their revolvers! We could only load 5 rounds in a magazine. I had one guy yelling at me because I was not changing my target fast enough. Happily I no longer belong there. As I said, I belong to a cool club with great people who enjoy shooting.

Find a new club, you want to shoot not deal with jerks. Your Saiga sounds cool, whenever I bring mine down, people want to know where to get one.

My brother and I are going down in the morning to check out a gun club and see if its worth joining. Their range is definitely better than the public one, but its a matter of what kind of people are members.

If they snub their noses at my converted S12, Ak's and the such I dont see me and them having much of a long term relationship.