Rimmed cartridges do not reliably work in a double stack mag configuration.

It has been done before with rifles. The British Enfield and Russian SVD both have double stack magazines that take rimmed cartridges (.303 British in the Enfield and 7.62 x 54R in the SVD), and both these firearms have excellent reputations for reliability. Though I do have no doubt designing a reliable double stack magazine for a rimmed cartridge is a significant design challenge (I heard it took Evgeniy Dragunov a year to design the SVD's magazine). Of course bottle-shaped rifle cartridges, even rimmed ones, are easier to feed than the blocky shape of a shotgun shell. Still, I think a reliable double-stack shotgun mag is possible, though with the MD-20 drum now available for those who want a lot of capacity, I'm not sure there would be much of a market for it even if it could be made.

Rimmed cartridges do not reliably work in a double stack mag configuration.

It has been done before with rifles. The British Enfield and Russian SVD both have double stack magazines that take rimmed cartridges (.303 British in the Enfield and 7.62 x 54R in the SVD), and both these firearms have excellent reputations for reliability.

Yes, those do use a double stack mag, and if you load them by hand and don't do it right, you lock 'em up pretty good.
if you load them by hand and don't do it right, you lock 'em up pretty good.

Been there, done that with the PSL *ONCE*.... and ONLY ONCE!!!!

Had to take the floorplate off, and the spring out cause it was a bitch to get the next shell low enough to make the top shell go over the rim below it... Was just easier to pop the floorplate, drop it all out, and go at it again, after reassembly! :lol:

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...
Last thing we need is a longer mag. What's next, a 50rnd SS mag !?!?!?!?!?!?!? Gonna look like that stupid 100 rnd AK stick mag.

I might............might be interested if it is quality similar to the factory mags. Otherwise why bother?

Kind of like AA's 30 rnd pizza plate?

Now watch those assclowns come up with a mag!

I've been talking to a guy that has seen one of those and told me the quality is better that AGP and they have notches in the case to be able to remove the floorplate, cut it off to the capacity you want and slide the floorplate back on.

I want to check them out when he gets them in December. $47.00, I don't know what they are going for anywhere else though.

Edited by hallboss

From what I have heard of on Surefire's .308 Saiga rifle magazines and recently introduced Saiga .410 shotgun magazines, the material quality of their magazines is generally considered good (not quite as solid as russian factory Saiga mags, but then again whose aftermarket mags are?). However, Surefire seems to have trouble in making the shape of their magazine followers and feed lips exactly replicate that of the Russian factory magazines, as both their Saiga .308 and .410 mags had mixed reviews for reliability. I of course hope these new Saiga 12 magazines of theirs do work reliably, and if they do I would definitely be getting some specifically due to their ability to be easily modified to a shorter and more practical height, but I will wait for some user feedback on them first.