Drum Roll.......on the "Beast".........

A nice little clip from a classified location in Ohio..... :smoke: .......Mike's drum clipped right in, and fed the 2 3/4 magnum loads fine.......Got to admit Bvamp held onto it pretty well...........of course we were running out of ammo by the time we remembered to shoot the vid...................... The Beast has quite an appetite.th_Drumroll.jpghttp://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq56/Mr...nt=6f546549.pbr

Pretty high rate of fire. It'd be great for room clearing!

More like clearing everything in front of you.

Also that video shows clearly that AA's attempt in saying the MD20 cannot keep up with a F/A weapon was staged.

Thanks for sharing Tom and Ben.

The Beast lives.

Don't forget to chalk them up big time for Cadiz Gun Works (Tom and Ben) for giving it an honest shot and making it happen, and to the "Beast!" Thanks guys! Maybe if time ever allows I can come up and take a run at it also. Looks like A LOT of fun!!!!!

Don't forget to chalk them up big time for Cadiz Gun Works (Tom and Ben) for giving it an honest shot and making it happen, and to the "Beast!" Thanks guys! Maybe if time ever allows I can come up and take a run at it also. Looks like A LOT of fun!!!!!

You got it Mike

Wire stock...!!! LOL!!!!

That will leave a mark! :lolol:

YES it will!

Tom calls that 'mark' a Moyock tattoo...lol. I've gotten one myself from the "Beast" a few years ago...in fact I believe it was me who named it that (The Beast). What an awesome weapon! Here are few pics from that fun day....

That vid should shut those dicks up over at WM who claim the MD won't keep up with FA.... :lolol:

post-1293-1226848110_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1226848126.jpg

post-1293-1226847951_thumb.jpg

Ben wasn't near as much fun to watch as the Devil Dog, see that clip in my section, at least not as much fun until the last mag, and all I had left was 3 inch huntin loads.............I immediately felt better about the annoyance he has caused me....... :killer:.....

Ben wasn't near as much fun to watch as the Devil Dog, see that clip in my section, at least not as much fun until the last mag, and all I had left was 3 inch huntin loads.............I immediately felt better about the annoyance he has caused me....... :killer:.....

Ohh, the humanity, the humanity! Hope they were slugs... :lolol: :lolol:

nah, they were 3" turkey loads, and it wasnt bad at all, once its shouldered/held correctly. The bush behind the cardboard probably wouldnt agree, though, or what was left of it. I had more of a mark from the initial test firing than after the drum dump, or the AGP mag full of 3" turkey loads. That gun has a mind of its own, thats for sure. Its definately an intimidating thing to dump that many heavy rounds that fast down a little gun like that. It took the better part of my strength to keep it on target. Kinda scary, really.

was great shooting the very first (as far as I know) saiga12 conversion ever done. I considered trying a 5 rounder with one hand, but decided not to even mention it.

Anyhow, that 16 rounds (all we had left at that point that the beast liked) was all mixed winchester high brass...buckshot 1BB 4s I think a couple of 6's as well. This particular gun does not appear to like low brass (yet), but it really is not that type of weapon that you play with like a toy. I thought about nabbing 20 superx slugs at wally world before I left and running the full 20 down it just to prevent some hearsay or whathaveyou, but it really wasnt needed as far as I was concerned.

The drum kept up JUST fine with the gun @ approx 500-520 RPM.

...and the beast has not had a "reliability service" performed on it, either.....oh yeh, AND at that point in the day, there was a hole were the front sight was leaking gas......go figure, it still worked....I wonder why????

anyway, back in florida, just wanted to let Mike know that there ya go, clear proof, and no problems with the drum whatsoever. thanks for the review part, Mike, from Tom and I both. Ill email you my notes in the coming week.

...oh....GUESS WHO DIDNT shoot it that day? Yeh, Ill let you think about that for a minute, Will.

Recoil was definately brutal, any way you slice it, to the point of being kinda scary with that dump.

...oh....GUESS WHO DIDNT shoot it that day? Yeh, Ill let you think about that for a minute, Will.

Recoil was definately brutal, any way you slice it, to the point of being kinda scary with that dump.

....The other turkey......................

• 4 weeks later...

Tom had clocked it in its previous form at 520RPM. It seems slightly faster in its new form, to my eye. When Tom was fiddly-fucking with the parts on the bench, I had asked him why he wasnt using a rate reducer. His answer was pretty simple once he gave me "that look"....what do you need that for? I will note that this is faster than the AA12 which runs in the 400RPM range. Im sure with a rate reducer, you could slow it down a little bit, and I am sure if you were to set the gun up solely for 3" loads, you could increase the cyclic rate a little bit, as well. Tom settled on a happy medium with his design/setup, and I believe he is sticking with it.

I intentionally dumped the mag with one trigger pull to try to out-cycle mike's drum, as well as the AGP and taiwanese keepshooting.com mags. It did not happen with the drum, obviously, and we werent testing the stick mags officially, so I wont comment on those, although you can see how the AGP worked with 3" loads for the devil dog in the other video that was posted. If you are used to the AK trigger, it shouldnt be difficult at all to tap singles and doubles out.