as a single guy i have no strings to tie me down yet. When they let me out i will not move back to California. Its a great state but the people suck. i want to move somewhere where people are freethinking men. where you wont be chastised for your Christian beliefs where people are strongly Republican or Libertarian. no whinny ass liberals. where my rights to bear arms will be respected regardless the Federal governments stances or laws it trys to enact.

a few states i was thinking

Utah

according to wikipedia utah is the only state where Bill Clinton came behind Ross Perot in 1992

G.W. Bush won every county in Utah in 2004 giving him the largest margin of victory in any state.

im not sure how they did this time around though

Provo has quite a bit of EMS jobs available for which i am looking for

Nevada

No personal income tax

closer to my CA family

Very Independent politically

Before i got stop lossed i had a job offer in Reno working EMS for a Native American tribe free medical tuition assistance the whole bit.

i love the high desert region

Arizona

Gold Star Open carry state

Prescott is beautiful home to JGsales, Prescott college, I loved the area. lots of EMS work as well

has personal income tax and sales tax

any input would be great!

Yea i really liked San Antonio. i love Texas i went to AIT there. and as a sovereign Nation it could buck the system when it comes to any AWB that might pass.

I mean if CA mayors and Governors and judges refuse to cooperate with Feds on Illegals why cant we?

where are you in TX? ive been to Amarillo road tripping my way back to CA before i went to Afghanistan. i really did not like that place too much. but i only stopped at the scariest IHOP on the planet. so i could give it another chance.

i checked flagstaff....in fact i went there. nice place. i liked prescott better. they have some EMS there. they have a community college as well. i dont mind snow. just not Iowa Wisconsin type cold weather. they have some sweet bars on Whiskey row in Prescott. overall arizona is pretty awsome. i liked the "Arizona outback" just west of prescott. people living in the middle of nowhere making their own way. the place to be for SHTF senerio.

i also liked Albuquerque NM they had the nicest Super walmart i had ever been too. the one i frequent in Clarksville TN looks like raped ape half the time. this one has actual stone tiling and there wasnt tons of Whiskey Tangos with their dirty and sticky six kids like you would expect. does any one here live in the American south west? any suggestions? what parts of texas are you guys from? i also like Oklahoma I got pulled over there just out side of Checotah OK "hometown of Carrie Underwood" according to the sign on 40. i had been driving for about 10 hours and no sleep for about 20. i was hitting the rumble strips. they were really cool though. they wanted to know if i had any firearms but they were cool about that too. sat playing with my M70 saying he had one just like this too at home. he loaded it back up and put it in my trunk i switched driving with my buddy and he said "have a nice night!"

any more input i would love!

Ajo, Arizona was nice.........at least 25 years ago when we were on one of those little govt sponsered trips to "Gila Bend"............. :smoke:

Personally, I'd prefer to live in a state of euphoria.

But since I couldn't do that, I got stuck in Louisiana....................

From your list, I'd take Arizona or Nevada.

Remember both Nevada and Arizona, both are growing by leaps and bounds, and why? The folks leaving California, because they cannot afford to retire there. Thus the politics of either state maybe changing, even as we speak and into the future. Thus the winds may change as the population demographics change with the newcomers from the left coast.(I imagine the left coast mind set will not change, just because you dont live there still)

I'm in the DFW area and the economy woes haven't struck Texas near as bad as many states. You won't shovel snow her in North Texas but it can be 80 deg. one day and 20 deg. the next. As we say, "If you don't like the weather, don't worry it'll change soon enough (like tomorrow)". Great place to live especially if you can make your money in the city and live in the country, bit of a drive but IMO would be worth it. Unfortunately we have been in the same hope/churhc/area for twenty-five years and the bride wants to stay put. That may change. :devil: IF we had it to do over again we would have settled outside of Austin in the hill country and made our bucks in an Austin suburb.

Arizona is great for common sense people and gun freedom (no registration at all, shall-issue CCW state, Castle Doctrine law). The heat sucks, though. I'll be frank, I'd much rather live somewhere with trees. There's trees in northern Arizona, but there's not much work in my field (Information Technology) up there. And it seems liberals control all the states with nicer climates. But other than the climate and lack of green foliage, it's nice. The police don't harass you for legally exercising your carry rights, and common sense generally prevails.

Well as far as EMS jobs go, the northern states have it better, Florida sure sucks for EMS, we're battling a lot of issues with funding and horrible pay, I hear Texas is good, lots of singles there with good gun laws, i dunno about the job hunt but there should be plenty, my DRT team went over there to assist with hurricanes and they seem to have their shit in order. Georgia is starting to get better with jobs and having new programs in place, but i dunno about gun laws, make sure you got your national certs and the states accept what you have.

edit: Tampa Bay area EMS statistics shows 10-15% lower pay then the national average :unhappy: only good news is the housing market here crashed in a bad bad way so housing cost went down, but it was really really high just a few years ago...

Edited by Vultite

Idaho, Utah, and Arizona are all great conservative states that will go out of their way to preserve the 2nd. Texas is hit or miss - lots of liberal strongholds but still a conservative majority. That being said, I love Austin and would live there in a heartbeat.

I recommend against Nevada based on your criteria. Nevada is becoming just like California. In Cali, most of the state is conservative but the people are at the mercy of the vote in San Francisco and Los Angeles. In Nevada, most of the state is conservative, but they are at the mercy of Las Vegas. Obama won by a large margin in Nevada, liberal politics have realy taken hold there - it will be just like California in 10 years.

Vultite......whats a DRT team? im NREMTI does that pay pretty good? and i know the scope of practice on the outside is somewhat limited. in the army we do crazy shit in the field that we would lose our license for in the states. ive done emergency crichs on traumatic facial injurys, Chest tubes, cracked chests, push IV meds, we know our shit. the army only gives us EMTB but i worked and got EMTI we really should be Paramedics with the stuff we do. even then alot of shit would be out of our scope. I have 4 years trauma experience worked in the world busiest trauma center (at the time) Ibn Sina Hospital in Baghdad Iraq.

I agree with desert dog about nevada and arizona. alot of Cali transplants. I grew up in Redding CA the Heart of "Superior" California the city has grown significantly from people moving from the bay area. Redding is still predominantly Republican but the Filthy liberal parts of the state control most politics. IE assualt weapons ban. it has actually been suggested that Superior CA succeed from the rest of CA into the state of Jefferson. superior Californians disgust with urban politics goes way back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Jefferson

anyone live in the Prescott Flagstaff area?

what about Oregon? pretty conservative areas?

Combat Medic Live in Kingman about two 1/2 hours away from flag and prescott. Both of these places are very nice especially whiskey row. However both of those placies tend to be more liberial in nature, colleges in both places. I am unsure of the ambulace service prescott uses, both i believe flagstaff uses amr. never had anyone mess with me about carrying councealed or in open. the weather does get cool upthere, but the scenery is good. lots to do; rock climbing outside of prescott, gunsite is there also. Good thing about the state is very easily you can be doing different thing water skiiing, fishing, playing in sand, hunting. Wife was emt with river medical based out of lake havasu, treated there people pretty good there.

Edited by ready2go

Combat Medic Live in Kingman about two 1/2 hours away from flag and prescott. Both of these places are very nice especially whiskey row. However both of those placies tend to be more liberial in nature, colleges in both places. I am unsure of the ambulace service prescott uses, both i believe flagstaff uses amr. never had anyone mess with me about carrying councealed or in open. the weather does get cool upthere, but the scenery is good. lots to do; rock climbing outside of prescott, gunsite is there also. Good thing about the state is very easily you can be doing different thing water skiiing, fishing, playing in sand, hunting. Wife was emt with river medical based out of lake havasu, treated there people pretty good there.

Edited by Dave-AK

I'm a NREMT-B according to the state of FL b/c here they don't recognize NREMT-I's, I should be a EMT-I or a CCT EMT b/c I work the CCT truck doing vents,IV's,neo-nates and whatnot, unfortunately like i said before we're having issues with pay and funding and currently hiring is limited if at all thanks to the idoits here that voted yes on amendment 1 (lowered prop tax and cut all municiple and school funding) So, it kinda sucks right now, where i'm at we're trying to get a decent union in to help, but for now we have a retaining rate of about 3% b/c of how bad things are, so in that aspect you may have an opening here ;) hehehe, plus my partner on the CCT truck is probably gonna be fired or sued so there's a CCT NREMT-P spot open.....i'm just sticking around myself until i can go to school full time, maybe take advantage of obama being pres and get myself a fat guvment grant for school hehehe. for an idea of what i'm being paid say 30k is pushing it with tons of overtime. I'm working for a private company b/c of the way the system here is setup, fire rescue DOESN'T do the majority of CCT work and I get to travel all over the US on long distance hauls, and our DRT team is Disaster Response Team. Fire rescue's pay is slightly higher but we're talking 2-3k higher, i am fire cross trained but i like 12 hour shifts on a regular basis (i do 24's or longer when critical needs it) SO, a state that recognizes EMT-I's would pay more and probably be benefit to you, but FL girls are nice ^_^

EDIT: Combat medics are hired and payed differently in ER's, and you'll probably make more and get to work trauma (if its a trauma center hospital) So that in my opinion would be the best move for you if you can take being in one place for that long. You guys really should be medics in the states but its all the red tape BS, you should be allowed to at least challenge the test. but whaddyagonnadoboutit?

Edited by Vultite
I'm a NREMT-B according to the state of FL b/c here they don't recognize NREMT-I's, I should be a EMT-I or a CCT EMT b/c I work the CCT truck doing vents,IV's,neo-nates and whatnot, unfortunately like i said before we're having issues with pay and funding and currently hiring is limited if at all thanks to the idoits here that voted yes on amendment 1 (lowered prop tax and cut all municiple and school funding) So, it kinda sucks right now, where i'm at we're trying to get a decent union in to help, but for now we have a retaining rate of about 3% b/c of how bad things are, so in that aspect you may have an opening here ;) hehehe, plus my partner on the CCT truck is probably gonna be fired or sued so there's a CCT NREMT-P spot open.....i'm just sticking around myself until i can go to school full time, maybe take advantage of obama being pres and get myself a fat guvment grant for school hehehe. for an idea of what i'm being paid say 30k is pushing it with tons of overtime. I'm working for a private company b/c of the way the system here is setup, fire rescue DOESN'T do the majority of CCT work and I get to travel all over the US on long distance hauls, and our DRT team is Disaster Response Team. Fire rescue's pay is slightly higher but we're talking 2-3k higher, i am fire cross trained but i like 12 hour shifts on a regular basis (i do 24's or longer when critical needs it)

Yeah, I hear ya. I just submited a blood sample for DNA testing to document American Indian blood lines for future expected programs........never was an issue until now. NOW being white may be a liability...............Ha! Don't laugh you white hinky, er, honky white man...............hey, I'm new at this. Did I mention I was American Indian?

Edited by Dave-AK