I FINALLY got a fuggin' S12!!!!!!

I'm a procrastinator. It's one of my character flaws :ded: .

Anyway, I finally got in touch with the FFL who's had my S12 sitting at his place since last Tuesday, and went and picked it up last night.

I'm in love, and I haven't even shot her yet :wub: .

The only downside is that I think I got one of those "Vodka Specials". I can only see 3 holes. I took a tiny nail, bent it, grabbed it with some needle-nose pliers, and was able to poke all the way through. So at least I can tell that the 3 holes that are there, and not blocked. Wiggling the nail around, it didn't slip into an unseen hole (this is starting to sound dirty), but maybe I'm missing it, I dunno.

This is my first scattergun........ever. I pretty much know nothing about shotguns in general, or shotgun ammo, or anything shotgun-related, really :ded: . Looks like I will be doing a lot of reading, and bugging you guys for some info in the near future. I've severely neglected reading much in this sub-forum up until recently, being that I didn't have a Saiga-12. I'm regretting it now :ph34r: .

So here's the obligatory pics. Eventhough it's pretty much a plain ol' Saiga....................for now. I did mock-fit the Chaos S12 Rail that I won in Cameron's contest (thanks again Cameron!), partly for shits-n-giggles, partly for 922r compliance with the AGP's inserted. Supposedly the rail is slightly flawed, and it was a "test rail", but I can't see the flaws, besides the finish, which is the least of my concerns.

IMG_3233-1.jpg

IMG_3234-1.jpg

I look forward to getting this beast out to play. :devil:

Soooo Shooter,

Do you take all yer new girlfriends home and poke all their holes with a "little bent nail".... :haha: ...............Anyway, MOST of the three hole guns are working OK with the 1 1/8 oz Winchester loads from the big box store. You might pick up a box of high brass to run thru , on your first "date" at the range. If she still won't eject on number 2 setting. Just drop me a pm to get the warranty pickup label sent......................VK :smoke:

Wow, you have a lot of posts for this being you first S12!

Congrats on your purchase. You're going to love it.

Tell me about :D . Honestly, when I first joined here, I was only really interested in x39 Saigas :ph34r: . Blasphemous, I know. Gotta start somewhere, right?

And I think you're right........I am going to love it! :super:

Soooo Shooter,

Do you take all yer new girlfriends home and poke all their holes with a "little bent nail".... :haha: ...............Anyway, MOST of the three hole guns are working OK with the 1 1/8 oz Winchester loads from the big box store. You might pick up a box of high brass to run thru , on your first "date" at the range. If she still won't eject on number 2 setting. Just drop me a pm to get the warranty pickup label sent......................VK :smoke:

I guess I set myself up for that, eh? :lol:

Glad to hear most of the 3-hole Saigas are running OK. I will try to get out and testfire it soon. It's awesome that you guys are doing the warranty work on these!

thats too funny i remember you winning that, but i didn't know you didn't have a gun to put it on. Glad cameron gave you proper motivation.

I'm another S-12 then x39 guy...

Looks like your off to a great start with this one, but you NEED to shoot the damn thing already. We want a range report!

HAhaha, the blemished HALO! Awesome. I'm glad you found a home for it man!

Whatchutalkinboutwillis? It's a Chaos rail.

Oh Halo and Chaos are different? I thought Chaos made the HALO rail. I don't look at rails.

heh, don't worry your in the clear, cameron is too buisy to go harass you in fight club for this :haha:

So after breaking it down the other day, for an overall "check" and checking the gas ports, I need to know if I did something wrong..................I put it back together, and this morning, I noticed when I jiggle the gun forwards and back (in the same way it would with recoil), I can hear the "puck" rattling a little bit.

Is this normal, or did I put something back together wrong? :unsure:

At first when I heard it, I realized I hadn't screwed the regulator plug all the way back in, so I tightened it down like I should have. Which cut down on the puck rattle, but I can still hear it.

Your gun is defective, send it to me. I'll fix it up...honest :D

No your gun is fine, my piston does that too. I believe the reason was because of you taking it out and reassembling it means that the puck was just loosened up in the gas system there. I know with mine it seems to knock the carbon off the sides of the gas system and that lets the puck "move" more.

So I've already got a G2 being delivered Monday, which is then going to Cobra for a tune-up, and being sent back to me with one of his pre-modded retainer plates in the package. I just wish I contacted him before I put in the order elsewhere. I could have just bought a G2 from him, and saved shipping and time :beaten: .

I ordered that Bulgarian stock this morning from TickBite.

I also ordered a Tromix DIY trigger guard from C.G.A. (thanks again NailBomb, for the heads up) this morning.

So all I need is to find which screw size I need for the stock, which I can figure out when I have everything in front of me.

I've already got a Chaos rail, which I will be "refinishing" with some kind of spray paint. I figure I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and use the same paint to cover the exposed area on the bottom of the gun itself, after conversion.

I've already got a few APG's, and have a ProMag 10 round coming with the G2 on Monday.

I think I'm set! :smoke:

Congratulations! Welcome to the Club!

Thanks man.

Untill you find something else you want on it... It dosn't stop...

I just meant "set" as far as getting this setup together. I'm not sure I'll ever be "set" as far as wanting more guns :D .

But even after I posted that, I found Cobra's "user friendly BHO", and will be adding that to the list.

Well it's about time you got a real Saiga ;) Now go and blast some Zombie milk-jugs :haha:

Yeah man, I know. Took me too long to buy one.

So I've already got a G2 being delivered Monday, which is then going to Cobra for a tune-up, and being sent back to me with one of his pre-modded retainer plates in the package. I just wish I contacted him before I put in the order elsewhere. I could have just bought a G2 from him, and saved shipping and time :beaten: .

I ordered that Bulgarian stock this morning from TickBite.

I also ordered a Tromix DIY trigger guard from C.G.A. (thanks again NailBomb, for the heads up) this morning.

So all I need is to find which screw size I need for the stock, which I can figure out when I have everything in front of me.

I've already got a Chaos rail, which I will be "refinishing" with some kind of spray paint. I figure I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and use the same paint to cover the exposed area on the bottom of the gun itself, after conversion.

I've already got a few APG's, and have a ProMag 10 round coming with the G2 on Monday.

Don't use spray paint. Get some AlumahydeII from Brownell's. No baking. Just a nice, tough coating.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was going to wait until tonight to gut her, but I was bored and I'm not tired enough to finally go to sleep, so I went to work on her :devil: .

I don't ever want to see anyone say they don't have the tools to do a conversion! Just like when I did my x39, I used a corded hand drill from the '70s, a big POS file to get the rivet heads started and flattened, a nice cobalt bit, a hey key as a make-shift punch, a rubber mallet (not totally necessary), and a flat head for the stock...for this conversion. All while sitting on my bedroom floor. No vice, no drill press, no "specialty tools".

So now that she's gutted and I have the old trigger guard and plate removed, all the hard work is over :D . I just have to get my G2 out to Cobra later today (also getting a pre-modded retainer plate and "user friendly" BHO). The Tromix DIY TG is on the way to me as I type, and I already have the stock.

Some pics:

She looks good when she's nekkid.

P2250719.jpg

P2250716.jpg

P2250717.jpg

..and I wanted to see how the stock felt..........it feels great! It actually fits me perfectly.......and it just looks plain bad-ass too, I must say.

P2250718.jpg

:wub:

ETA: I just noticed how grimy that towel is :lol: . FYI, I don't use it after showering. It's my "poor bastard's gun mat". :D

Edited by 22_Shooter