How about adding this to your Saiga?

Adding a Grenade Launcher?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If it were legal in your state would you add this to your gun?

• Yes
    • No
    • Got One Already

the real deal would be nice - but at around $300+ per shot (destructive device - there would be a "stamp" fee on each shot) it would get kind of expensive to shoot. If you wanted the look without all of the hassle try this: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GP-GL-456

They are made of metal - so the weight and feel are the same - but that would be about as close as any of us will ever come to a toy like that. There is a GP30 out there too.

The Spikes unit is very nice. They have a shorty and a full length version, the shorty aimed at M4s and the full length made for 20" ARs. It is made to fit up the AR rail and use the mad as a "pistol grip" so some fitting will be required. Here are some pictures of an install. This is not mine.

Link to HAVOC

Link to more

AJ; That spikes unit is nice!

I think it would be fun to throw a few smoke grenades around the range at the club.

I'm thinking about this as an under the barrel add on.

Why? Just because I still can! :super:

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl05-e.htm

However, I like this one MUCH Better! I wonder if this would count toward the 922r requirement?

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl07-e.htm :killer:

Why bother? Reload what you want, flares, HE, Thermite, whatever, all you have to do is learn how. Or wait till SHtF and pick up what the Military leaves behind. The S12 can shoot 12ga. grenades, etc. An extra launcher just adds weight and is slow to reload.

Just a thought,

Mikel

I got the Spike's tactical shorty version and it is very well made . It's got a great finger groove grip surface and definitely looks cool, too. I was a little disappointed that it was slightly heavier than I imagined but not too much. I want to find a somewhat practical use for it before I mount it on a rifle. I'm just not sure what that is yet.

Used to post all the time over on 37mm.com until the 37mm thing started to suck when they put the stop to bird bombs.

The spike's units are of MUCH better quality than the et cetera llc launchers you see at fun shows. Possibly the best mounted launchers I've ever seen are the RPB steel ones. They actually accept the ALS gas shells- most of the et cetera ones won't. The ALS shells are WAY too long to fit in them.

The way to go for 37mm is definitely standalone, though. Once you fire a standalone launcher you will wonder why the heck you ever wanted to diddle around with a mounted one. Penn Arms makes an incredible one. The accuracy potential of a standalone launcher is just so much better than a mounted one.

Get some hi/low cases for your 37mm, a good supply of them. You can have lots of fun.

I remember back on the 37mm board someone managed to load some marshmallow peeps. Was pretty funny. You can also adapt half of a plastic easter egg to function as a crude nosecone for low pressure reloads.

• 5 months later...

I like the look of the Launchers, i had the russky one also.{however sold it when all i was able to buy was demilled rounds for it}even from my bulgy and russky source's} I then went to the M-203. then found out H.E. was crazy money and special vault needed to keep the rounds.and the liability in firing one... if rounds do not go off.EXPLODE! { you have to get them} and book every round. and flare's, flachette's, practice, white smoke and yellow,and c.s. got really boring really fast. yeah the first two shoots are fun,and everybody around wants to shoot it for $5.00 a round.

so the fun ended for me then.and i sold it off { had one of each,} I wanted a M-79 also that i used back in 69/70. however just another fancy flare toy.

so i just went back to wishing.

they look nice for display and make a trick conversation piece.however not very practical.{ and the extra weight issue}its kinda that Boat thing"

when you buy and sell it. good luck Ron K.

holy cow this is a old posting!!

Edited by Ron K.
As long as you accept the fact that this definitively crosses the line from serious firearm to range toy, sure why not!

It's your gun!

Well, what if you want to fire a flare from the launcher to illuminate the field and do some night-hunting? Then it is the perfect gun for the purpose! :lolol:

The only reason I would put a noobtube on my gun is if I had one of those .22LR beehives for some long-distance fun. :D

Having used an M-203 mounted under an M-16, I much prefer to have my launchers as a separate dedicated unit. I suppose it's convenient, when you actually need it....... but most of the time, it's just added weight.

Just my thoughts........yours my vary. LOL

Corbin

Having used an M-203 mounted under an M-16, I much prefer to have my launchers as a separate dedicated unit. I suppose it's convenient, when you actually need it....... but most of the time, it's just added weight.

Just my thoughts........yours my vary. LOL

Corbin

And slinging a dedicated GL isn't adding weight and an added pain in the ass to accompany your primary weapon? I wouldn't put one on an S-12 btw.

Sure it would be added weight......if I was the designated person carrying it. Now remember, at the time, I was in the military and we usually had a squad where certain folks would carry certain things. If we needed something blown up, we might let the guy with the launcher do the deed. If we needed suppresive fire, the SAW gunner was great for that.

Obviously, if we're talking about just you having to carry all the gear, there won't be a designated "Omni Man" or "Demo Dude" or whatever you want to call him. If you want a launcher, you'll need to carry a launcher. Honestly though, for as little as I think a 37mm launcher would be used BY ME, I wouldn't be likely to routinely carry one, let alone have it mounted on my weapon.

As I said, your thoughts may vary.

Corbin