25% Reduced Power Mainspring for All Saiga and AK variants

Give your gun competition performance and reliability by replacing your factory mainspring with this American manufactured, silicon spring steel, 25% reduced power main spring. Dramatically smoothes and improves bolt cycling, lightens trigger pull and decreases lock time of the fire control group. This spring will not fall off the trigger legs or twist like the factory stock spring.

Direct replacement for all Saiga Shotguns, Rifle's and AK 47's.

Made by JT Engineering

This will help with your cycling problems.

$14.95 http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/se...inspring/Detail

post-9063-1236970144_thumb.jpg

Just in time for my conversion. Its nice to have something more refined to replace that ugly factory spring.

This spring in fantastic. Very easy to install and really makes your trigger smooth. The 3 I tested it in had a trigger pull between 2 1/4 and 2 1/2lbs without any polishing.

Greg

Just in time for my conversion. Its nice to have something more refined to replace that ugly factory spring.

This spring in fantastic. Very easy to install and really makes your trigger smooth. The 3 I tested it in had a trigger pull between 2 1/4 and 2 1/2lbs without any polishing.

Greg

In a well broken in saiga, or one with polishing is it possible it could get too loose? Were the ones you tested "out of the box" or were these guns with owners who use them somewhat frequently?

Greg

In a well broken in saiga, or one with polishing is it possible it could get too loose? Were the ones you tested "out of the box" or were these guns with owners who use them somewhat frequently?

It's not possible for it to come loose. One of the three guns tested has had about 4-5000 rounds through it.

Greg

It's not possible for it to come loose. One of the three guns tested has had about 4-5000 rounds through it.

Greg

I used a poor choice of words there. I would not expect anything to come loose really, i was refering to loose as being a trigger with so light a pull its a bit too far in the other extreme. A heavy pull would be "tight" as the parts are pressed together hard with more friction, and a looser one would be polished out with less spring pressure.

Either way you did answer my question and i am glad one of the "test" guns had a healthy dose of rounds to it, not that it changed my response. I already had the part on order, i just wanted to know exacly what i was diving into.

thanks for the prompt response.

Edited by Nailbomb
I might pick one up, but I'll wait until you guys get the Tromix bolt-on charging handle. To save on shipping.

(Not to hijack, is the Tromix charging handle still about 3 weeks out?)

Still about 3 weeks out. Tony will update us when they are shipping and then I will let everyone know.

Greg

Greg

I used a poor choice of words there. I would not expect anything to come loose really, i was refering to loose as being a trigger with so light a pull its a bit too far in the other extreme. A heavy pull would be "tight" as the parts are pressed together hard with more friction, and a looser one would be polished out with less spring pressure.

Either way you did answer my question and i am glad one of the "test" guns had a healthy dose of rounds to it, not that it changed my response. I already had the part on order, i just wanted to know exacly what i was diving into.

thanks for the prompt response.

One of the great aspects of this spring is that it is made of .048 silicon spring steel. In other words, you can tweak it!! Want to add 1/2 a pound, just put a mild bend in the legs. This spring will adjust exactly the way you want to tune it.

There are a lot of variences in every receiver, because of stampings, riviting, misaligned receiver blocks, etc., so being able to tune the spring to each platform is a tremendous benefit in setting up the weapon.

With this spring you do not need to put pre-travel or over-travel into the trigger. It will pull extremely smoothe thru the trigger cycle without the fear of an accidental discharge. Just like a spring kit in a revolver, makes it feel like a completely different firearm.

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

On the Saiga with BHO the spring has one leg bend wider than the other and from the pic, this one has both side the same.

Any trouble on Saiga with BHO?

No, this is what I do if I think there might be a problem because some of the BHOs may force the spring to the inside.

Just put a very slight outside bend about 1/2 inch from the end of the spring. This will force the spring to the outside of the trigger leg and the outside pressue will lock it in place. As I said previously, you can tune this spring very easily and it will hold the adjustment.

Once you install the spring and if you think the BHO will force the spring off the leg, just pull the spring up, put the bend in it and let it fall back into position. Nothing to it and it works great. Again, you can tune this spring while it is installed in the receiver without any problem. Just use a small pair of needle nose pliars to make the adjustment

Regards,

Jack Travers

JT Engineering

I might pick one up, but I'll wait until you guys get the Tromix bolt-on charging handle. To save on shipping.

(Not to hijack, is the Tromix charging handle still about 3 weeks out?)

Still about 3 weeks out. Tony will update us when they are shipping and then I will let everyone know.

Greg

OK, thanks for the update. Looking forward to both of these parts.

Just wanted to give the thread a bump-this is a good product. I got to try mine out today on a modified Tapco short throw set up. It's light and fast....really fast. Also a lot less pressure pushing on the carrier and NO light primer strikes. Good stuff at a small price for the benefit.

Installed mine tonight. Real easy just like you said by using a zip tie to hold the spring legs on top of the hammer. A 2 minute job and works nice and smooth. I also installed the lighter recoil spring. Can't wait to run some light loads through it now.

Thanks, Greg.

Installed mine tonight. Real easy just like you said by using a zip tie to hold the spring legs on top of the hammer. A 2 minute job and works nice and smooth. I also installed the lighter recoil spring. Can't wait to run some light loads through it now.

Thanks, Greg.

Glad to help. I am trying to carry more products that make our Saiga's run 100%. This one is a must have for everyone. It is a huge improvement for a little money and time.

Greg