GOD DAMNED AGP'S!!!

I ordered 3 to add to my 2 mag stash...I'm VERY disappointed after shooting them today. One of them had a screw missing at the bottom that I failed to notice until today...plus they feed like SHIT! I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something but WTF? I loaded all 3 with 2 3/4 inch bird shot and I had problem after problem with the mags feeding consistently. I'm in no way bashing AGP's at all...I love them, but why do I have to do mods to them for something that should work out of the box?

Is anyone else having problems?

Also...where is the thread for modding these things...the search button doesn't like to show me anything AGP related...

Edited by sicktooth

I've had a couple customers complain of feeding issues with recently produced AGP mags. I bought some right after the election and they are fine. Maybe they got in a hurry because of the demand and missed some during quality control. Call AGP, I am sure they will help you out.

No problems with mine...but I haven't tried all of them yet. I guess I need to go look at all the screws too. Are they too skinny and causing the shells to drag as they come up? Are the springs rusty at all? What exactly is your feeding problem...drag, improper feed angle, follower riding too high?

I ordered 3 to add to my 2 mag stash...I'm VERY disappointed after shooting them today. One of them had a screw missing at the bottom that I failed to notice until today...plus they feed like SHIT! I'm not sure if I got a bad batch or something but WTF? I loaded all 3 with 2 1/2 inch bird shot and I had problem after problem with the mags feeding consistently. I'm in now way bashing AGP's at all...I love them, but why do I have to do mods to them for something that should work out of the box?

Is anyone else having problems?

Also...where is the thread for modding these things...the search button doesn't like to show me anything AGP related...

2 1/2 inch bird shot

I had a Promag that was shrunken (tight) in the middle of the shell right near the top. I fixed it by finding a dowel that was slightly bigger than a shell. I happened to have a paint roller extension (for ceilings) that fit the bill. I took out the spring and follower and shoved the dowel through the bottom of the mag to where it was tight at the top/feed area. I then boiled some water (a la cork/fork/follower fix also found on this site) and dunked the mag into the boiling water for 20 seconds. I followed this immediately with a cold water bath. This seemed to fix the drag it was having. Maybe this would work for your issues.?

Good god Sunny, I would hope my $50 mags don't need that kind of, ummm "fixing".

To be honest, I'll be pissed if my AGP's don't feed the beast as advertised. Like it or not they are expensive as hell.

One of the major flaws everyone likes to point out with the Saiga 12 is the cost of mags. I would agree with them, if at least 95% don't work with as little fiddle fucking as possible.

From what I've read I wont be loading with 3" magnum in AGP's, and I already call that a major downside since the gun is designed to handle that load.

I'll get my Tromix S-17 on Wed.

Cant wait!

Range report with AGP's and 250 rounds OO buck soon after :)

MD drum range report the week after that.

-dave parsons

Good god Sunny, I would hope my $50 mags don't need that kind of, ummm "fixing".

-dave parsons

It's really not that hard. I mean, the longest part of the whole deal was waiting for the water to boil. Basically a 7-10 minute process once you have a dowel that fits. I haven't had problems with my AGPs so I'm not sure if this will work with them. I have to think it would. With everything else that needs tweaking on these guns, this is one of the more basic things to fix. Hell, even I can do it. But, I understand where you guys are coming from. You pay $50/mag and they should work out of the box. If this would have been my first gun, I think I'd have found another hobby.

Congrats on the S17.

Why don't you just give AGP a call or send them an email and ask them to replace them instead of bitching about them all weekend on the internet? Honestly ALL plastic Saiga aftermarket mags have issues now and again especially since the manufacturers have had to keep up with the crazy demand. My AGPs work fine and if they did not before I started messing with them I would contact AGP because I know they are good guys and stand behind their products 100% and they have answered every email I have sent them.

That being said if you are a DIYer and impatient then most all mag issues have been addressed in this forum and they can be fixed easily. If you expect a perfect out of the box experience then the Saiga 12 is not for you (that goes for the shotgun and the accessories).

Why don't you just give AGP a call or send them an email and ask them to replace them instead of bitching about them all weekend on the internet? Honestly ALL plastic Saiga aftermarket mags have issues now and again especially since the manufacturers have had to keep up with the crazy demand. My AGPs work fine and if they did not before I started messing with them I would contact AGP because I know they are good guys and stand behind their products 100% and they have answered every email I have sent them.

That being said if you are a DIYer and impatient then most all mag issues have been addressed in this forum and they can be fixed easily. If you expect a perfect out of the box experience then the Saiga 12 is not for you (that goes for the shotgun and the accessories).

DIND DING DING DING!....WE HAVE A WINNER!

If you want to bitch and moan about your AGP mags please use the appropriate thread....

HERE>> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=19834 <<

If for some reason you do not want to do like everyone else, and call AGP about your problems, there is another thread you should read HERE>> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=31539

I'm just gonna shout this one more time for effect...I've got six AGPs that work flawlessly, straight from the box no mods required!

AGP made the first US-made mags for S12 back when all we could get was the single 5 rounder that came with the gun and maybe a pricey spare if you were lucky. AGP went through a whole messy shitstorm getting these things brought to market, and suffered through plenty of criticism from those who claimed they were crap. These guys really went out on a limb at a time when there was not the plethora of S12 aftermarket products that we enjoy today.

I'm really getting sick of people bitching about their vodka specials, faulty mags, poor quality control, blah blah etc., what I keep hearing is "It should work perfectly straight from the factory/manufacturer/importer!"

Yeah I agree, it should. But it doesn't. Because its not an AR15. Tolerances and QC are all over the place. It should be fairly obvious to anyone who spends any amount of time here that the S12 is a poor choice of weapons if this is your attitude.

Oh and if you have a problem with the mags, why don't you take it up with the manufacturer (who I know will replace them) instead of starting a thread titled "GOD DAMNED AGP'S!!!"

IMHO they're still a damn sight better than the Surefires and Promags.

LOL...:bad_smile:...well I got the answers I wanted...WOW does a guy get grilled if he posts something everyone else doesn't like! I knew this was going to happen after I posted in the wrong place...(I seen the AGP thread AFTER I posted... ;) Cobra...you can move this thread if you'd like...or delete it). Why do people feel the need to jump down a guys throat...I guess my choice of words for the topic were not adequate...either way thanks for the help guys...now I'll quit my ALL WEEKEND RANT...don't get me fucking started!!!

Edited by sicktooth
LOL...:bad_smile:...well I got the answers I wanted...WOW does a guy get grilled if he posts something everyone else doesn't like! I knew this was going to happen after I posted in the wrong place...(I seen the AGP thread AFTER I posted... ;) Cobra...you can move this thread if you'd like...or delete it). Why do people feel the need to jump down a guys throat...I guess my choice of words for the topic were not adequate...either way thanks for the help guys...now I'll quit my ALL WEEKEND RANT...don't get me fucking started!!!

Most people just find it kind of rude when someone stars a rant against a company before they even contact the company to see if they will make it right. It is not just here, pretty much every other firearm forum will slam someone for starting a bitch thread about a company without giving the company a chance to make it right. And anyways there is a dedicated thread for this. And most people here figure out pretty quick that all Saiga 12 mag brands have some sort of an issue but they all can be fixed, or even better the manufacturers will stand behind their products 100%.

Make sure the screws aren't over tightened. I took mine apart before ever firing them to polish the insides, and overtightened the screws, and they bound up a lot. Easiest fix ever to a problem I created.

Sicktooth,

I know some of my early generation AGP 10 round mags were too tight inside the mag causing the follower to grab or momentarily stop resulting in misfeeds. I had to lightly file the areas down a bit to get 100% reliability especially with high brass shells. Drop the magazine base, pull the spring and follower, gently pry off the feed lips and file or lightly sand the area directly below the feed lips on both sides of the magazine where the shell rims ride up and forward. I've had zero issues with my AGP magazines since using shot, buck, slugs, high and low brass.

• 2 months later...
My AGP's work perfectly. It has more to do with the gun than the mag.

I always thought feed issues were more mag related than gun related (unless there was a ramp or feed angle problem).

I had a weird run of GEN 2 AGPs that were obviously flawed. They were too wide, and the recoil of the gun would jam the extractor ring of the shell forward, digging into the channel and locking all of the shells up. I would have to remove the mag, slam the back of the mag against a table several times to get the shells to pop back into the guide channel. It would do this with as few as 3 rounds in the mag!

I sent pictures of the scars to AGP and they haulted production and fixed the issue. I got new mag bodies as soon as they had a new run, and those mag bodies run fine, I just had to smooth out the front & back of the follower.

I agree with contacting AGP. I never did post anything about my issues here until I had the issue resolved. For the record I was able to sand down the problem mag body halves ultimately reducing the space on the shell and I got them to run great. I ended up buying new guts for them so now I have 4 AGP mags that function great.

AGP learned something from my issue, I learned a great deal about the AGP mags, and I ended up with everything I wanted and more.

Email AGP!