Saiga 12 Muzzle Attachments

A SBS being out of the question for right now the length of the barrel with attachment matters.

Inquiring minds want to know how much length do the following add to the S-12?

Any help would be appreciated.

DPH

SAIGA 12 PHOENIX CLAW DOOR BREACH Attachment

SAIGA 12 CROWN CLAW DOOR BREACH Attachment

SAIGA 12 PHOENIX FLAME DOOR BREACH Attachment

Saiga US 12 US Made Russian 10 Slot Attachment Adds 2" to length

Saiga 12 RUSSIAN BIRD CAGE FLASH HIDER (this is the one with a knurled end)

Tromix

SAIGA 12 TROMIX COMPETITION BRAKE

SAIGA 12 TROMIX FLASH HIDER

SAIGA 12 TROMIX SHARK BRAKE

Chaos

Chaos Warthog Door Breacher Brake Adds 2 1/8" to length.

The Chaos [s12WAVE]

King Armory

KA-1212BR breaching attachment Adds 2" to length

KA-1212 brake/suppressor hybrid Adds 2" to length

Edited by Frost

The DPH Russian 10 slot w/o the knurled end is 2 5/8" total length. When installed the threads will take up 5/8" for a total added length of 2" added to the S-12 when installed.

2 5/8" total length

2" added when installed on S-12

I just received this unit on Friday 4/17

Edited by WESTONSECURITY

I'm following this thread too.

Here in MI, the overall length has to be 30" or over or else you have to register the firearm as a pistol, which I'd rather not do. I think that with a CSS receiver block and an ACE folding mechanism, the OAL with the stock folded is a tad under 30". I'd have to measure to be sure, but I want to say it's like 28.5" or 29" or something like that.

So I'd like to have something put on my barrel to increase the OAL when I finally get it put together. It's currently stripped down to nothing in preparation for a refinishing job.

Corbin

Greg,

Is it safe to assume that all of the MB's have approx. 5/8" of threads, so by looking @ the tape, just deduct 5/8" from total length to get the attached length?

You are right.

Sorry if this is a retarded question, but do these actually do anything other than look cool on a shotgun? I understand muzzle breaks with rifles, and directioal porting to counteract barrel flip, but aside from griping a door for breaching, what is the point of a break?

Sorry if this is a retarded question, but do these actually do anything other than look cool on a shotgun? I understand muzzle breaks with rifles, and directioal porting to counteract barrel flip, but aside from griping a door for breaching, what is the point of a break?

If the SG brake is designed properly it will perform the same function as a rifle brake re: muzle flip and recoil.

Unless you actually NEED a breacher, I'd suggest going with one of the others.

If you have to have the breacher, make sure you have a first aid kit.

Not speaking from experience per se, but from observation!

Why would one need a first aid kit if he has the breacher?

Hi guys.

I think I agree with SaigaNoobie that in most cases, you'd probably find more use for an adjustable choke than a flash hider. Still though, a good compensator is great if you're shooting heavier loads. Since I tend to shoot more value pack stuff (usually), I'd probably be better served with a Polychoke. I don't have ANYTHING on the barrel yet. Just the thread protector.

Corbin

Yes, they will function if designed properly. BUT with the S-12 you lose the external threads for the chokes, Poly or otherwise. And, imo, the choke is more valuable than the comp on the end.

I think it was Wakko here who established that muzzle comps on shotguns don't do much, due to the low operating pressures of shotguns, and very low muzzle pressure in particular.

Ones I have fired with comps differ very little than ones without. Heavier loads will increase this some.

Shotguns with pretty much full length barrels aren't going to have a lot of flash either, except with heavy loads.

Mostly they look cool.

For my next Saiga, I'm making a flash hider, and it will have a permanently installed internal choke tube, ImpMod, as that's about all I used when I had a Poly Choke on my first S12. It's a duplicate of the Smith Enterprises Vortex, directly scaled up to 12ga size. The only differences are the lots are straight angled instead of helical like the Vortex, and the suppressor mounting groove has a radius bottom instead of square.

It's going to look cool. :D

• 3 years later...