Went to the Ft. Myers gun show today and saw some ridiculous prices. One nut had a rack full of bone-stock 16" barrelled Saiga 7.62's and .223's for $800 each. The worst pig-of-a-pricegouger had the same gun with the skeletonized stock for $1250 !!

There was one guy there with piles (literally) of ammo, selling 7.62 for $200 per 500 rounds (among other ammo's) who had a line 20 people deep and was selling case-after-case of ammo as fast as he could pile it. Not really complainng about that price though as that seems average these days.

Remember when a 1000 round case of Wolf was only $189 (or less).

I don't know about gunshows in other areas of the country but here in Ft. Myers, they prey on the stupid who don't know the real price of what they're buying. Our local gun shows are a rip-off, but a good place to go handle a bunch of guns, then go to your local store and order what you want at a normal price.

I heard an ineresting story at one of our Atlanta Gun Shows today, that the largest Promoter of gun shows in the area had baned some vendors from his show for selling too low. The reason that he gave was that other vendors would not want to attend his shows if they did not feel that they could compete. I am going to investigate the story, but I will take a dim view of someone wasteing my money.

On the other hand I bought 4 new OEM Saiga 5-round mags at today's show for $50. That is $12.50 each!

saw good and bad at the show here saiga 12 599$ out the door wasnt too bad. 7.62 was crazy 500$ per 1000 wow. i used to like going to the shows to look around now its like going into the god damn wall mart the day after thanks giving. people piled on top of each other to buy ammo thats 3 tims the price it should be.

Gouging....stupidity...or capitalism??? I used to go to gun shows in the 80s and 90s (a bit)...get there on a Sunday and lick up on the venders that didn't want to carry home all their oddball 9 & 45(I was into pistols a little...$4 to $6 for 9...45 a little more... a box was the norm. Some of my buds said I was wrong for "screwin" down...I never looked at it that way...it was just wheelin & dealin...they didn't have to sell. Now people think they have to buy....so venders take advantage of it. Am I a sucker for payin $500 for a saiga bone stock 7.62??? You guys that got in early say "HELL YEAH". If 7.62 becomes completely becomes unavailable...people will think 50cents a round was lucky! Now that I'm getting into rifles...I plan on visiting a Philly amory gun show, end of this month...I can be a part of the craziness too!...except now I'm married with kids...don't have money for goodies like I used too.

I was a vendor at gunshows, mostly in Kalifornia and Oregon (sometimes further) in the late 80s early 90s and did mail order business in SGN under a business name of US Armory (had an FFL at the time). We never looked down on the Sunday "bargain shoppers" at all. When a show was so bad and we did not "make table" (pay our expenses) thos bargain shoppers helped us out. Did some of my best wheeling and dealing on Sunday afternoon with other dealers.

What I am seeing now is local dealers here aren't doing the shows, but gougers are. My local retail dealer is selling WASRs for S499 and Siagas for about $399 retail. He even had one of the new stainless, 16" Mini-14 factory made tacticals with flash hider for about $800. He has 7.62 and 223 Russian ammo (mostly Barnaul and Golden tiger) for about $160/500. Regular customers he gives a little case break to on top of that. He had about a hundred thousand rounds in there on Friday, including Yugo in the 1260 wood cases.

Philly shows not going to be much better 100 rounds x39 for $45 up in the Poconos 2 weeks ago.... :(

Did have Saiga x39 for $419 which my bro-in-law grabbed up (he had been itching for one since I showed him one early last year).

went to the show in York Pa yesterday, ammo was rediculous but they had some good prices on guns for the times we're in. couple were selling 223 and 7.62 saigas for under 500, 1 had a fully converted 7.62 for 600. found a dragunov with scope for 600 or so.... wife vetoed it.

I was a vendor at gunshows, mostly in Kalifornia and Oregon (sometimes further) in the late 80s early 90s and did mail order business in SGN under a business name of US Armory (had an FFL at the time). We never looked down on the Sunday "bargain shoppers" at all. When a show was so bad and we did not "make table" (pay our expenses) thos bargain shoppers helped us out. Did some of my best wheeling and dealing on Sunday afternoon with other dealers.

What I am seeing now is local dealers here aren't doing the shows, but gougers are. My local retail dealer is selling WASRs for S499 and Siagas for about $399 retail. He even had one of the new stainless, 16" Mini-14 factory made tacticals with flash hider for about $800. He has 7.62 and 223 Russian ammo (mostly Barnaul and Golden tiger) for about $160/500. Regular customers he gives a little case break to on top of that. He had about a hundred thousand rounds in there on Friday, including Yugo in the 1260 wood cases.

Thanks for that. Yeah, it seems like the gun shows have gone the same route that eBay and craigslist have gone - used to be good places to find stuff at a fair or good price, but them the scammers and speculators found out, swooped in, and pretty much ruined a good thing.

I don't mind paying a fair price. I saw a brand new Saiga12 at the gun store I frequent, and they wanted $540 for it. I thought that was a high price compared to what they used to be, but a very good deal in today's terms. Sadly, I didn't have the spare cash at the time, so I had to walk away from it. But I had no feeling that they were trying to screw anybody on that deal. And $599 at a gun show wouldn't offend me, either. Last summer I bought 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 at the gun show for $250, and wasn't too thrilled about the price being that high, but knew that I'd better buy now before it went higher. And when I saw Academy had it for $79.99/500, I bought a couple thousand rounds at that price. It's more than I used to pay, but nothing like it is now.

Where I get pissed is when I see people just REALLY trying to take advantage, like the dolt here a couple weekends ago at the gun show with a stock Saiga 7.62x39 that he priced at $1450. Hey, if he can get someone to pay it, more power to him, but it's hardly a fair price. I really wish I'd have made note of his name, so I could be sure to NEVER give him any of my business or my money. That's how I deal with gougers - by not dealing with them at all! I'd rather nurture a good relationship with my local shops instead, since they're the ones more likely to be there next week, next month, and next year.

Around here, most of the gun shows are smaller scale, with local dealers or long term vendors. People you know by name and are glad to visit with. :super: Now, Denver, Topeka, K.C. or Wichita with the big promotors are a different story. :unsure::cryss: Haven't gone to those in a couple years. :rolleyes: Have good raport with dealers I have known a long time. If they don't have it, order at reasonable price. If impulse buy made out of state. Shipped home and $20 FFL transfer. :smoke:

Last Chantilly VA show, the prices were all around $600-$650 for stock weapons, prior show they were up to $800. The stripped AR receivers were selling for $180 instead of $200-$300. Seems like around here dealers are starting to figure out that people won't or can't pay the extremely inflated prices.

The next show I'm going to is in Richmond, prices should be lower there, since the tables and venue are less expensive.

May 16-17 Richmond, Showplace, 3000 Mechanicsville Turnpike, 675 tables Admission: $7 Sat 9-5 Sun 10-5 C&E Gun Shows 540-953-0016

http://www.cegunshows.com/ShowInformation/...79/Default.aspx

Last Chantilly VA show, the prices were all around $600-$650 for stock weapons, prior show they were up to $800. The stripped AR receivers were selling for $180 instead of $200-$300. Seems like around here dealers are starting to figure out that people won't or can't pay the extremely inflated prices.

The next show I'm going to is in Richmond, prices should be lower there, since the tables and venue are less expensive.

May 16-17 Richmond, Showplace, 3000 Mechanicsville Turnpike, 675 tables Admission: $7 Sat 9-5 Sun 10-5 C&E Gun Shows 540-953-0016

http://www.cegunshows.com/ShowInformation/...79/Default.aspx

7.62 ammo wasnt too bad this last month at the gunshows in Louisiana. Well too bad compared to what you guys are reporting. The guns varied a lot from $500-700 for stock 7.62 with shotys going for about $100 more. PoS Rom AKs about $750 is what baffles me and pistol ammo was about same as retail.

Yup. Cow Palace:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_Palace

Parking lot full... I paid for another NRA membership just so I wouldn't have to wait in the rain for 45 minutes to get in. Only $15 not bad.

Bought 2 Saiga 10 rounders for $33 each plus the ammo.

Libs have tried to ban the show but no luck yet!

It was that way in San Fran, too.

There's gun shows in San Fran?

hahaha I went to the fort myers gun show saturday also at the civic center.

I was in the market for an ak47 and was talked into a saiga 762. I put in an order on one and got home and orderd a 6 position w/ pistol grip stock and a quad rail forearm for some other add-ons...

anyway prices were ridiculous, OP did you see the 50-cal's on sale for $5k? lol

Went to the Ft. Myers gun show today and saw some ridiculous prices. One nut had a rack full of bone-stock 16" barrelled Saiga 7.62's and .223's for $800 each. The worst pig-of-a-pricegouger had the same gun with the skeletonized stock for $1250 !!

There was one guy there with piles (literally) of ammo, selling 7.62 for $200 per 500 rounds (among other ammo's) who had a line 20 people deep and was selling case-after-case of ammo as fast as he could pile it. Not really complainng about that price though as that seems average these days.

I don't know about gunshows in other areas of the country but here in Ft. Myers, they prey on the stupid who don't know the real price of what they're buying. Our local gun shows are a rip-off, but a good place to go handle a bunch of guns, then go to your local store and order what you want at a normal price.

I remember Wolf selling for $129.00 a case at a Las Vegas gun show, about three years ago... I luckily still have over 2500 rounds left from that purchase, when then the only 7.62 I had was an SKS. If we only knew then what we know now- specifically for powder and primers!

3 weeks ago the syracuse ny show was mobbed,1-2 hrs to just get in 1-2 mile back up at the hwy exit.the ammo was moving along with reloading stuff.things must be heating up cnn had a piece on ammo shortages etc.

went to the show in York Pa yesterday, ammo was rediculous but they had some good prices on guns for the times we're in. couple were selling 223 and 7.62 saigas for under 500, 1 had a fully converted 7.62 for 600. found a dragunov with scope for 600 or so.... wife vetoed it.

If it was a real Drag I doubt it would of been selling for that price.

A PSL though...that is still cheap but a whole lot more possible. Wish I could of made it down to the show.

HA! man when i got my first saiga is 2005, i could go to my local gun shop and get 1000 rnds of x39 out the door for $98.

sure do miss those days

I can remember Wolf for LESS THAN $80 Per 1000.

I wasn't into AK's back then and did not even care.

I do have a few thousand rounds of 9mm that I bought back then. It is 9mm IMI blue box, 50 rounds, boxer primed (great for reloading) made in Isreal with Samson brand name.

I could probably double my money per box, but then would that be gouging?

If I decided to sell a can of Wolf (640 rounds) for $150 that I bought for $75 , would that be gouging?

I am seriously asking for your thoughts on this.

louielouie

HA! man when i got my first saiga is 2005, i could go to my local gun shop and get 1000 rnds of x39 out the door for $98.

sure do miss those days

I do have a few thousand rounds of 9mm that I bought back then. It is 9mm IMI blue box, 50 rounds, boxer primed (great for reloading) made in Isreal with Samson brand name.

If I decided to sell a can of Wolf (640 rounds) for $150 that I bought for $75 , would that be gouging?

louielouie

My opinion is it wouldn't be gouging, but instead a good investment. I have 500 rounds of wolf in the hands of UPS right now coming my way that I spent $175 on, so your 640 rounds at $150 sounds like a good deal.

It is gouging if you turn around and sell that 640 rounds for $300 :)

If it was a real Drag I doubt it would of been selling for that price.

A PSL though...that is still cheap but a whole lot more possible. Wish I could of made it down to the show.

yeah, you're right.... either way wife said nope, lol

sure do miss those days

louielouie

Its your ammo man sell it for what you can its only good business. Gouging only applies to necessities like food, gasoline, etc not to ammo which isnt in that class , yet.

I don't know about gunshows in other areas of the country but here in Ft. Myers, they prey on the stupid who don't know the real price of what they're buying.......

AND that is different from the yards that voted for Obama how????? (people who prey on the stupid)

Besides Florida is full of crooks and make their living ripping people off period.

Been here since the 1980's and it's only gotten worst.