My new open 3-gun Saiga

Thats a nice shotgun!

Its just like the one I got from Robert...except for right hand and a CAR stock.

It seems I can never leave well enough alone...so I am making changes to mine to suit my personal needs.

Thats a Magpull PRS stock for an AR15...nice stock but expensive...I like a plain a-2 stock.

Cant wait to run mine in a match!!

Jim

post-15555-1241976373_thumb.jpgpost-15555-1241976396_thumb.jpg My Saiga shoots flat. The hand guard and all other parts can be had from Robert Wright, R & R Targets 503-551-7283. The best part aside from being pounds lighter and a foot and a half shorter than the Rem 1100 I used for years is that it matches my open 3-gun AR. Stay tuned for 19 round Saiga stick mag soon to be released.
{SNIP]Stay tuned for 19 round Saiga stick mag soon to be released.

I'm interested but skeptical. If it can hold and handle 3in high brass I'll be impressed. So far even 12 rounders are a bit fragile.

Edited by KrisFox
My Saiga shoots flat. The hand guard and all other parts can be had from Robert Wright, R & R Targets 503-551-7283. The best part aside from being pounds lighter and a foot and a half shorter than the Rem 1100 I used for years is that it matches my open 3-gun AR. Stay tuned for 19 round Saiga stick mag soon to be released.

19 round stick mag, wow, that'd be really long, unless they get double stack to work somehow

Edited by Fallschirmjager667

that's SICK.

Can you elaborate a bit.

Specifically: Safety (is that the one that Jack was showing a few months back?) and mag release ... is that a thumb release? Pretty slick!

As an FYI, CMMG finally came out with extended capacity mags for the AR. The were 42 rounds or something, pretty cheap and have some nice internals ... don't know how many yours are holding....

As for the 19 round stick ... That would rock. I'm not going to miss a drum one iota. Right now I'm torn between a magwell for faster reloads vs plain mag opening and drums. Krisfox .. there's no need for 3" high brass. A homemade mag is good for competition only. You'd be pretty crazy to use it for serious work. And you just don't need the cannon shells for 99.9 % of what is in Competitions. For the .01 you could also run those tiny 5, 8, 10 or 12 rounders ... :)

Edited to add ... NM, I just viewed the pics larger, that's totally what's going on. Trigger looks like it reworked a bit, can you tell us more about that? I'm guessing that stock allows you to get the perfect cheek weld for your dot.

Dude, this is like the perfect shotgun!

PS. you owe us a picture of the pistol! Right now I'm imagining it has a JP FF tube and PRS stock on it :)

Edited by kmoore