• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 brvt1000

brvt1000

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

Izhmash Saiga shotgun FAQ

Hello and Welcome to the Saiga FAQ and DIY thread. This thread is intended to get users off to a good start by putting information, both basic and advanced, at one easy to find location.

This forum is full of good people and good information. For lack of a better term, "respect your elders". There are many people on this forum that have been improving and dealing with firearms for years if not decades. I have learned a lot from them and you can also. When people give advice, try to drop your ego and listen…chances are that they have "been there and done that". When they give you advice on something, it is usually because they learned the hard way. Read and learn and maybe you can avoid making those same mistakes.

The thread includes links to popular modifications, common problems and other information. Please read the links below before you get started off in the forum and remember to use the search function if you don't see what you're looking for.

Thanks and happy reading,

The Saiga-12.com enthusiasts

P.S. If you see or don't see something that should be in this thread please P.M. it to me and I will be sure to add it. Thanks, Brandon.

BASIC INFORMATION

-Saiga basics
-Saiga Wiki

-Pricing/ Availabilty (PLEASE LOOK AT THE POST DATES!)

-Great tech thread with tons of links.

Common issues:

-"Vodka specials"

Failure To Eject:

-blocked ports

922r compliance:

-ALL THE ANSWERS

Picture threads:

-Pictures

MODIFICATIONS

-Suppliers and upgrades

Improvements:

-polishing

-CONVERSIONS!

-Why

-Guide

-Videos

Mags:

-AGP

-Surefire

-Promag

Drums:

-Drum FAQ

-Why MD-20 (known issues with brands)

-fitting instructions for Mags & Drums
  • kyblaster and guns-N-tonic like this
Please donate to the saiga-12 forums if you enjoy them, have learned, or earned anything from them....Thank you!
http://www.forum.sai....com/donations/

#2 utahhandyman

utahhandyman

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

Great job, but the surefire and promag links no clicky.
I EDIT FOR SPELING

#3 Wotan1105

Wotan1105

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:09 AM

Good idea, looks like you're off to a nice start

#4 brvt1000

brvt1000

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

Great job, but the surefire and promag links no clicky.

Yeah, still looking for decent threads to link them to. If you know of any, please PM me the links. It will always be a work in progress and ANY help will be appreciated.
Please donate to the saiga-12 forums if you enjoy them, have learned, or earned anything from them....Thank you!

#5 Threecard

Threecard

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Nicely done!

#6 billyjoebob

billyjoebob

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

Looks sticky-worthy.

#7 brvt1000

brvt1000

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

I am having trouble editing my first post in this thread, anyone know why?

#8 Moe Zambeak

Moe Zambeak

Bacon Annihilator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

I think only contributors can edit posts after X amount of days. The reason is that it bumps the thread to the top if you make an edit (from what I understand).

The S12K is an AK-47 frame modified to fire shotgun shells in a semi-automatic fashion.

Posted Image

#9 brvt1000

brvt1000

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Ok, thanks for the info. I found Bvamp's explanation of it and it looks like you have to be a "Business Member" to edit your posts. So it looks like the idea of this thread will not work unless one of the mods update it.

#10 -Shooter-

-Shooter-

Make Your Own Luck

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,185 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:34 PM

I think only contributors can edit posts after X amount of days. The reason is that it bumps the thread to the top if you make an edit (from what I understand).

Even Contributors can't edit after a certain amount of time. I can't remember what that time frame is, though.

EDIT: Good job, brv. I like the write-up/info.

Edited by 22_Shooter, 11 June 2009 - 02:35 PM.

Do you take vitamins?
Is there Vitamin C in Newports?
No, but you can't get a snitch shanked for a dozen oranges no matter how hard you try.

"As for missing anything good, Chile has been posting some killer recipes if you have a vendetta against your asshole." - DaveM

#11 Ben Vampatella

Ben Vampatella

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,700 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

I dont think Max changed it, but I had edit function set regs to 3 days I think, contributors to a week, and business members to indefinate? I think....

an edit on your post will not bump the thread, however a poll thread will bump whenever a new vote is tallied (if its set to)

If you want to update your post, you will probably have to contact a moderator and ask them to edit it for you.....you dont have anything about RAAC Warranty on there, either, just to point out ;) (Im shameless about plugging CGW)
Rockin the Saiga world since 2003

#12 Moe Zambeak

Moe Zambeak

Bacon Annihilator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for setting me straight Shooter ;)

...and LOL @ Bvamp :lolol:

The S12K is an AK-47 frame modified to fire shotgun shells in a semi-automatic fashion.

Posted Image

#13 Crusader

Crusader

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:26 AM

Well done. This will prevent some of the same questions from being asked. I think that this should be made into the first sticky on the list.

#14 King of the Hill

King of the Hill

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for all of the great info in one place. I am looking forward to learning alot from you guys. Thanks

#15 MAD COW

MAD COW

• 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:08 AM

I just bought a Saiga 12 last week, and joined this forum. My initial impression of the forum is that there is allot of good information, and things are pretty well organized.

#16 Slug

Slug

• 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:54 PM

This is a great site, and a valuable resource for anyone with a Saiga. I am happy to join the forums.

#17 ILOVEAMERICA

ILOVEAMERICA

• 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

I Have been lurking on this site for about a month or so, just picked up my saiga 12 today and i thought i would introduce myself.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” - Patrick Henry

#18 IronRonin

IronRonin

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:32 AM

This sticky needs a section on the "break-in" period. It' kinda' needs an overall update as well...the old "vodka special" info and troubleshooting guides will have people dremeling their bolts and swapping recoil springs when they should just be sending the damn gun to Cadiz for more gas ports.
  • Snoofer Inc. likes this
“I didn’t vote for him but he’s my president, and I hope he does a good job.” - John Wayne

#19 Placebo

Placebo

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Bought my Saiga 12 with 22" barrel friday and picking it up Teusday. First shotgun ever bought. I have a group of handguns. Found this site, contributed some funds to it because I know it still wont be enough from what i already learned and will learn. Yhanks so much for such a great informative friendly atmosphere where i can read for hours. Hopefully I will be able to contribute some day than just listen.

Thanks again folks
Kennedy's car killed more people than my guns have.

#20 247Nino

247Nino

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Awesome, definitely going to read this. I have 3 S-12s coming to me on tuesday !

#21 CavScout

CavScout

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

Heya, I'm a nooblet. Also been lurking around this site for a while. I have a ton of stuff coming from MS Auto Arms so I'll undoubtably be needing some answers from here. But I'm glad I found these forums. And I'm glad I found out wth a Saiga 12 is. Craziness
I thought he was a zomb... I mean, he killed himself with that baseball bat.

-- [font="Lucida Sans Unicode"]For none but the shades of Cavalrymen, Dismount at Fiddlers' Green.[/font] --

#22 lil khoa

lil khoa

• 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

good ideal

chevrolet wheel bearing
short sale winter park

#23 macaholic

macaholic

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and new to the Saiga 12. I just got my S-12 back for work to be done under warranty because it didn't run reliably. I guess I got one of the Vodka specials because it would not run five rounds without jamming/FTE. Anyway I hope it works now and hope to have fun on this site.:super:

Edited by macaholic, 05 July 2010 - 11:28 AM.

#24 macaholic

macaholic

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and new to the Saiga 12. I just got my S-12 back for work to be done under warranty because it didn't run reliably. I guess I got one of the Vodka specials because it would not run five rounds without jamming/FTE. Anyway I hope it works now and hope to have fun on this site.:super:

I went out to shoot my S-12 last week and now it runs like a Timex! It will even run the Remington 2 3/4 7 1/2 1oz shot from Wallmart. Very cool!

#25 macaholic

macaholic

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Tom from Cadiz Gun Works did the warrantee on my Saiga 12 and I want to compliment his work. Thank you Tom and Vikey. Posted Image

#26 HotGuns

HotGuns

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Excellent source of info. Thanks!

#27 Angel King

Angel King

• 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:04 AM

Excellent source of info. Thanks!

+1
Cant wait to get my S12 back from its conversion :super:

#28 StrutZ

StrutZ

• 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

A list of the most common acronyms for saiga parts would be helpful for some of us noobies ;) If it's there and I missed it I apologize =)

#29 tritium

tritium

Top Member

• Super Moderator
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

A list of the most common acronyms for saiga parts would be helpful for some of us noobies ;) If it's there and I missed it I apologize =)

It does exist. Try the FAQ section, although my memory might be off on this one.
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
- Sigmund Freud (or not)
The indiscriminate use of vulgar language is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherf**ker.
-Anonymous
Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult.
-Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov
Peace is that brief, glorious, quiet moment in history when everybody is standing around reloading.
-Anonymous

"Yes, Officer, I was trying to burn my house down.... Why do you ask ?"

#30 KC913

KC913

The Tin Man

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

There aren't many. Mostly just..

BHO - bolt hold open
LRBHO - last round bolt hold open
FCG - fire control group / trigger group
FSB - front sight block
PG - pistol grip

Maybe one or two I overlooked. Haven't slept all night.
>> WTB: Arsenal SLR-107UR, 7.62x25 ammo and magazines for: 1911 Govt., P22, 10/22, Yugo M57, CZ52

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users