MD Arms/Gunfxr gas knob

I did get a call today from one of our long time members who said he was surprised to get one today. It would be nice if Mike would send me one too but I've heard nothing about it yet. I do still have my beta unit that gunfixr sent me to test, but from what I understand, there are some new features on the final production models.

Got mine yesterday,problem though. Seems like the knurling raised the diameter of the knob just a bit. It's so tight that you can not turn it by hand. When you hold it up to the light you can see that just the center of the knob is barely touching the barrel. Anybody else have this problem? I was just going to put it on the lathe and take the knurling off and just put a little knob or lever on it like bob ash did.

Got mine yesterday,problem though. Seems like the knurling raised the diameter of the knob just a bit. It's so tight that you can not turn it by hand. When you hold it up to the light you can see that just the center of the knob is barely touching the barrel. Anybody else have this problem? I was just going to put it on the lathe and take the knurling off and just put a little knob or lever on it like bob ash did.

Some Saigas will have this problem.

I took a flat file to the barrel. In a few strokes in was gtg.

hope not order 1545 and no plug but if Mike holds true to form it will show up as a surprise package when I am having a bad day and make things all better. I suspect that as with the original drum orders much patience is needed for him to get things together and shipped.

I got one of the new revision gas cams about 2 months ago. The first rev cam in my '08 gun would rub the barrel and was very hard to get in and out. This new cam fit in that gun fine, and the old cam fit into my '09 3 hole gun fine so both guns win! :smoke:

Excellent little device, well worth the money!

So, with the gas knob that Mike D is sending out, can you adjust the gas settings without a coin?

My gun works great, cycles everything on setting #1 with the drum, or AGP 10 round mags or factory 5 round mags, but it would be cool to be able to switch to #2 setting if it got gunked up in the middle of a 100 round value pack from wally world.

How noticable is it for you guys when the detent locks into place? I can't tell at all if it is in the little notch at all. It might be because my detent pin is a litttle rounded off. I really dont mind the not clickin, I just want to be sure that it doesnt move at all. Maybe I'll try and rotate the pin to a better edge or open up the notches in the plug with the dremel.

So, with the gas knob that Mike D is sending out, can you adjust the gas settings without a coin?...

Yes, it is hand-adjustable.. no additional tool required. I love mine, (bought it by itself as I don't have a MD20 drum yet).

Fuck yeah, that's what I wanted to hear.

First run drum customer here....gots mines in the mail yesterday. I haven't tried it out yet, but the fit/ finish is great. Thanks again Mike (and anyone else at MD Arms). Amazing products with 1st class costumer service.... I would not hesitate a second to buy from them again.

The neatest thing about the Gas Knob is the FOUR positions of gas flow. (OFF, 3 in MAGNUM, Hi-Brass and Low Brass).

I was customer # 247 I believe on the first run.

The neatest thing about the Gas Knob is the FOUR positions of gas flow. (OFF, 3 in MAGNUM, Hi-Brass and Low Brass).

I was customer # 247 I believe on the first run.

Uh, Gunfixr's gas plug has no "OFF" position. There are 4 settings: 1-, 1+, 2, and 3, with the higher numbers providing a higher volume of gas to the system. 1- is most definitely not "OFF"; it's best used with slugs/buck etc, (high brass). In a gun with at least 3 unobstructed ports, setting 3 is usually not necessary until the operator has fired enough shells to seriously foul up the gas ports. In a clean(ish) gun, even the cheap 1 1/8 oz birdshot will cycle on setting 2.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

I've been shooting a lot of slugs recently to test out a new FSB prototype. With most of them (except the low recoil ones), the -1 setting works fine. I had some I needed to switch to +1, but never more than that (again, except for the low recoil stuff). Gunfixer's gas knob is one of the greatest additions I've made to my Saiga.

If you were shooting low powered skeet rounds, I suppose the -1 could be considered an "off" position, but it's really not.

As for the MD-20 drum. I've got one and just ordered another. Nuff said.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin

My buddy is a 1st run customer and he did not recieve his yet. Does it just come automatically or does he need to go to the web sight or something?

thanks