last shot hold open

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Cobra is still working on his so just be patient. It's not like it is that hard to reload on a closed bolt it just takes practice. Also AKs have been without a LRBHO since the 50's so maybe we just have to do without. Obviously if it was an easy mod it would have been done to death by now. That being said if Cobra's LRBHO comes out and it is a solid design and I don't have to modify my mags to the point of ruining their value I will buy one.

^^^^^^^ What he said. Keep your pants on. The prototype is at the machine shop now.... :rolleyes:

Thats the best news I have heard this month Cobra! I am one of your fans just waiting for it to come out so I can go sell some blood and buy that puppy ;)

Good news indeed!

^^^^^^^ What he said. Keep your pants on. The prototype is at the machine shop now.... :rolleyes:

But how is it posible? Do you modify or replace the follower? I already know that you are not going to tell me so I will just have to wait until it hits the market.

But how is it posible? Do you modify or replace the follower? I already know that you are not going to tell me so I will just have to wait until it hits the market.

There are a few ways to "activate" the LRBHO mechanism.

The tricky part is getting that "way" to work in all the different mags and drums available for the Siaga.

It also needs to be something the end user (or at least a DIY type) can install themselves.

It needs to be affordable.

I have had the chance to see it, operate it, and even make my own version of the "activator" for the LRBHO mechanism.

It will be ready when it is ready and it sure as hell won't be rushed.

For now I'm sticking to counting my shots and bumping the manual BHO with my trigger finger on the last shot to lock my bolt to the rear for the last round.

The tricky part is getting that "way" to work in all the different mags and drums available for the Siaga.

It also needs to be something the end user (or at least a DIY type) can install themselves.

I have had the chance to see it, operate it, and even make my own version of the "activator" for the LRBHO mechanism.

For now I'm sticking to counting my shots and bumping the manual BHO with my trigger finger on the last shot to lock my bolt to the rear for the last round.

Yes, but how does Cobra 76 two tackle the problem?

Yes, but how does Cobra 76 two tackle the problem?

I could tell you but Cobra 76 says I'd have to kill ya :ph34r::ded:

Like KrisFox, I too have been able to see how the different prototypes work. I haven't made one for myself though. I won't devulge anything except to say that based on what I've seen, people should be quite happy with it. The Warfield model required the gun to be machined a little, which (I feel) was a bit of a negative against it. I would much prefer the Cobra model.

Corbin

I've managed to figure it out myself somewhat. I don't really have the resources to even attempt to make a prototype and I have no clue how to make it work with a drum.

Edited by gkcf

I am happy to wait for a good solid design to come into the market, preferably from one of the vendors on this site. No need to offer up another shameless plug for Cobra or MD...oops :haha:

I am just glad to see that this posting has 16 responses now and has remained civil. I still remember the last one :eek:

Edited by GeorgiaPD
Hell, I'm just glad to get it stinking again. The last thread I found was started when rocks were soft and was closed over a year ago.

Yeah you're my hero j, thanks for making things stink again... :rolleyes:

I am happy to wait for a good solid design to come into the market, preferably from one of the vendors on this site. No need to offer up another shameless plug for Cobra or MD...oops :haha:

I am just glad to see that this posting has 16 responses now and has remained civil. I still remember the last one :eek:

well put.

I heard that cobra has 15 mags all loaded with 2 rounds so he can enjoy his lrbho after every second shot. He then changes mags with ease while laughing at everyone else. Its sad. I'll be sending him my bolt for a good polishin' despite the fact he chooses to keep the super good stuff for himself (kidding of course.. r&d takes forever)

Now that the 3 gun guys have "Discovered" the Saiga, I know of at least 4 non-forum guys who are making their own models of LRBHO. It's coming, I've not seen the different models, and at least one is a solid lever device which does require machining to install.... :smoke: And no, I do not have a dog in that fight. I've too many projects going now. The warranty work has become all consuming as far as my project time is concerned.

After recently returning from another trip to Russia I will say that I made a point of it to play with a VEPR-12 while I was there this time and look closely at it's LRBHO which is the same setup that is on the Saiga-12S EXP-01 ver. 030 and the KS-K. While these guns all have a magazine well and utilize the special mags that are made for the well (or modified regular mags) I don't think it would be that difficult to adapt it (the LRBHO) or the regular mags to work with each other. The gun would require a little bit of drilling on in order to install this exact type of LRBHO, but nothing major. If someone doesn't come out with a good LRBHO product soon my friends (some of which are actual designers or fabricators in THE factory) and I may try and come up with something. B)

After recently returning from another trip to Russia I will say that I made a point of it to play with a VEPR-12 while I was there this time and look closely at it's LRBHO which is the same setup that is on the Saiga-12S EXP-01 ver. 030 and the KS-K. While these guns all have a magazine well and utilize the special mags that are made for the well (or modified regular mags) I don't think it would be that difficult to adapt it (the LRBHO) or the regular mags to work with each other. The gun would require a little bit of drilling on in order to install this exact type of LRBHO, but nothing major. If someone doesn't come out with a good LRBHO product soon my friends (some of which are actual designers or fabricators in THE factory) and I may try and come up with something. B)

Oh happy day.... thanks a lot.

One question, will this much anticipated LRBHO work with the AGP mag well from Jack Travers?

It should but I don't know. I contacted jack about this very thing as soon as he announced he was going to make a magwell, and he wasn't a bit interested.... :rolleyes:

Ok, people you want answers well here is something to chew on.

What does the following MSA products have in common........... S-12 magwell and .223 Conversion. Simple they have not been released. Why you ask........ because Shannon and I are in the final development stages of LRBHO.

Both he and I have been busting ass trying to get this done and out to you and it is about done. I eluded to it before in the .223 forum and some of you caught it...... Please be patient, I know you all want it yesterday, last year and so on. A couple more months is not going to kill you. Yes a couple more months..... there are still finite details left to finish and he and I both want you to have a perfect working product.

Some teaser features.......

Complete drop in for the DIYer.

No modification to the receiver.

Adjustable to cover different mag types.

If this doesn't interest you..... then move on and quit stirring the shit pot :smoke: