Letting the cat outta the bag!

Thats a brake?

It looks more like a flash suppressor to me (no sarcasm) :unsure:

Yeah, I got flamed for pointing that out a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure why they keep calling it a "muzzle brake", but it's gonna be sad when they sell one to a CA or NY (or other ban state) customer as a "muzzle brake" and the customer gets thrown in jail with a felony convicton for having a flash hider installed . . . .

ETA:

A flash hider has horizontal slots — — —

A muzzle brake has vertical slots |||||||||

Edited by nalioth
Thats a brake?

It looks more like a flash suppressor to me (no sarcasm) :unsure:

Yeah, I got flamed for pointing that out a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure why they keep calling it a "muzzle brake", but it's gonna be sad when they sell one to a CA or NY (or other ban state) customer as a "muzzle brake" and the customer gets thrown in jail with a felony convicton for having a flash hider installed . . . .

Agreed.

I'm seeing tons of mall ninja conversions and out of compliance guns posted here lately, and now this crap. Something needs to be done before this damn site ends up on the brady campaign or some shit.

Design functionality aside, the laws are written that describe "flash hiders" and "muzzle brakes" just as I described. I'm not sure the Cali boys are gonna care much if your horizontally slotted muzzle brake actually reduces recoil - they're just gonna follow the law.
[Yoda's voice] Indeed, yes, yes indeed, aware of that, I am. [/Yoda's voice]

It would be just another another toy that those in Leftist America would NOT be allowed to play with.

Edited by ChileRelleno
Damn!

I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition over my post!

Sheesh!

WHERE IS THE DAMN CAT!!! WHY THE HELL WAS IN IN A BAG IN THE FIRST PLACE????

nalioth it's a moot fucking point man. Let it rest already. Everyone knows it's just a decorative ornament to screw on the end of your shotgun barrel. It ain't gonna do squat to reduce muzzle flash or act as an effective enough brake to even be defined as such. He can call the godamn thing an eightball of cocaine if he wants. Everyone knows it's illegal to sell or posess such an item, in any state, but dammit that ain't what it is so quit worrying about it so much.

nalioth it's a moot fucking point man. Let it rest already. Everyone knows it's just a decorative ornament to screw on the end of your shotgun barrel. It ain't gonna do squat to reduce muzzle flash or act as an effective enough brake to even be defined as such. He can call the godamn thing an eightball of cocaine if he wants. Everyone knows it's illegal to sell or posess such an item, in any state, but dammit that ain't what it is so quit worrying about it so much.

what level of effectiveness does a break have to have to be classified as such?

what difference does it make? What if I machine some screw on attachments that look like hammers or chainsaws, and sell them as "muzzle brakes"? Does that mean these poor guys in these commie states can't buy them?

What if Cameron had decided he wanted to market his "porkypine" as a muzzle brake, or a flash hider?

what difference does it make? What if I machine some screw on attachments that look like hammers or chainsaws, and sell them as "muzzle brakes"? Does that mean these poor guys in these commie states can't buy them?

What if Cameron had decided he wanted to market his "porkypine" as a muzzle brake, or a flash hider?

I can kindof see where your going here. Also, I'm in a commie state, shouldn't i be interested in this?

but to boil this all down your saying that just advertising something as a break means nothing.

Just let 'em all rot in jail, huh, cobra?

I mean, let's just go selling our 8-balls as "powdered sugar" and when the buyers get busted with their "powdered sugar", we'll see how much time their "powdered sugar" gets 'em in the slammer (bonus points for the camera in the cop's car getting their expression when the poor soul tells him he bought "powdered sugar").

When you can tell me with absolute certainty that every person that reads these threads is aware of the difference between a flash hider (felony in ban states) and a muzzle brake, I will stop making the point.

I can kindof see where your going here. Also, I'm in a commie state, shouldn't i be interested in this?

but to boil this all down your saying that just advertising something as a break means nothing.

They can be advertised as anything the maker desires.

I highly doubt Scott intended to potentially endanger ban state residents. I suspect he's had a lot on his mind when he named these devices, and just had a brain fart.

Nailbomb, you can buy all the "muzzle brakes" you like, but if it's an actual flash hider, you're committing a felony when you attach it to your rifle/shotgun in a ban state.

Edited by nalioth

Muzzle devices for shotguns are very very different than muzzle devices for rifles, which have been in use by the military for decades.

Show me ONE documented "flash hider" for any shotgun on the planet, and I'll stop trying to make this point.

hint....

THERE'S NO SUCH THING.....

BTW....I guess you probably have issues with this too? >>>> http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?prod=S12-BREAK

Maybe you should try to explain to the site admin how he's gonna get someone arrested and thrown under the jail if they buy one of these in ny?

good luck with that ;)

BTW....I guess you probably have issues with this too? >>>> http://www.saiga-12.com/proddetail.asp?prod=S12-BREAK

Maybe you should try to explain to the site admin how he's gonna get someone arrested and thrown under the jail if they buy one of these in ny?

good luck with that ;)

It's none of my business what someone buys with their money.

I just want to make sure the poor souls in the ban states know what the penalty is for violating their state's "assault weapons ban".

If they want to buy a flash hider with bayonet lug and a folding stock after that, and install it on their gun, that's their decision.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure flash hiders WERE NOT an evil feature of shotguns on the now defunct federal assault weapons ban:

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock

Pistol grip

Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds

Detachable magazine

Cobra,

I went back and modified my first post so that it is now politically correct for all the perfection nazis...................