7" barrel, SRTrigger. I think you can see the rest . . . :smoke:

Micro7621.jpgMicro7622.jpg

It's the first (marked NO. 1), and as of yet, only Tromix Micro 7.62! :killer::super:

Micro7623.jpg

Next to my S17 for size comparison.

Micro7624.jpg

It shoots great! The Shark Brake is borderline insane on a barrel this short. You get a hot blast of air in your face and people standing 6 feet behind/beside me said they could easily feel the gas coming back that far! In the shade at high noon I could see a fireball the size of a basketball! :devil: With the Shark Brake the recoil is so low, I though it failed to cycle the first shot I took. It pretty much just shakes when fired. Very, very little recoil. And while it is fun, it's not very practical as it would dry out your eyes and blind you with the flash if you tried to use it for defense.

So on that note, does anybody (I know someone's got to . . .) have experience with flash suppressors on a barrel this short? The two that come to my mind are the Smith Enterprise Vortex and the King Armory 1230. Suppressing as much of the flash as possible is paramount, as the recoil is obviously low anyway. Any suggestions?

that is one sick fukn toaster Raoul!!! :wub:

i was on the tromix website the other day an noticed there rifle section isn't there :unsure:

kinda worries me cuz i was put on this planet to one day get me a .308 saiga sbr from Tony :super:

grats again on the fresh shooter!!

That is fucking awesome! Great companion to the SBS.

What about one of those muzzle breaks off of a AMD? That might work for your application, but I don't know very much about them. The AMD barrel is pretty short, and those are supposed to be smooth shooters.

awesome gun! i'd like to see it with a regular AK grip and one of those wire stocks.

what kind of finish is that?

I believe the tromix crew has said in multiple threads that they prefer baked on moly resin for thier conversions.

Thanks guys! :up:

that is one sick fukn toaster Raoul!!! :wub:

i was on the tromix website the other day an noticed there rifle section isn't there :unsure:

kinda worries me cuz i was put on this planet to one day get me a .308 saiga sbr from Tony :super:

grats again on the fresh shooter!!

I'm guessing he took them down because he probably does a shit-ton more shotguns than rifles, but I dunno. When I saw the Micro .308, I immediately wanted an x39. I've got nothing against the .308, but this made more sense for me for several personal reasons. One of which is I already have plenty of AK mags.

Oh that one was for you? Cool little gun, I want one now.

Yes sir! I love it! It came out just how I saw it in my head! I was floored when Tony told me he had not done one of these yet!!!

Do you have a picture of the rear sight block? Im just curious if Tony closed it up, or what.

I can get that for you later tonight. But yes, it's closed up.

awesome gun! i'd like to see it with a regular AK grip and one of those wire stocks.

what kind of finish is that?

I personally hate standard AK grips. Not the look, but the feel. And yeah, a wire stock might not look bad, but I wanted this done Tromix-style! And that's Tony's standard Norrell Moly Resin finish.

That is fucking awesome! Great companion to the SBS.

What about one of those muzzle breaks off of a AMD? That might work for your application, but I don't know very much about them. The AMD barrel is pretty short, and those are supposed to be smooth shooters.

I want a flash suppressor, not a brake. Thanks, though. The Shark Brake kicks all ass, but I need to suppress that fireball for night shooting . . .

Do you have a picture of the rear sight block? Im just curious if Tony closed it up, or what.

I can get that for you later tonight. But yes, it's closed up.

Ask and ye shall (sometimes) receive . . .

Micro7625.jpgMicro7626.jpg

I thought about leaving it open and putting a Scout Scope on it, but I didn't think that would look too good, so I told him to fill it up . . .

That's one sick little rifle! I'm continually impressed at what Tromix can do.. if only I'd gotten into Saigas a few years ago I'd have had them convert restore both my S-12 and a dimpled 7.62. I think I would have gone with the standard 16" barrel length on the rifle though.. cause while your micro is really cool, it's not nearly as practical/effective as a rifle with a barrel long enough to allow the bullet to reach reasonable velocity and not blow shit back into your face/make a huge fireball of gas outside the barrel, (where it does no good).

Still, that's a very distinctive piece of Tromix craftsmanship you have there! :up:

That's one sick little rifle! I'm continually impressed at what Tromix can do.. if only I'd gotten into Saigas a few years ago I'd have had them convert restore both my S-12 and a dimpled 7.62. I think I would have gone with the standard 16" barrel length on the rifle though.. cause while your micro is really cool, it's not nearly as practical/effective as a rifle with a barrel long enough to allow the bullet to reach reasonable velocity and not blow shit back into your face/make a huge fireball of gas outside the barrel, (where it does no good).

Still, that's a very distinctive piece of Tromix craftsmanship you have there! :up:

Thanks post-apocalyptic, but this gun is perfectly practical/effective in that it does exactly what it's supposed to do, be small, compact, maneuverable and full of firepower. :devil: I've got multiple 7.62's with 16" barrels and even an RPK, not braggin', just sayin', I gots bigger gunz . . . And this gun is lighter and way more maneuverable. The point of this gun was to be good for CQC and 100% KICK-ASS . . . A specific tool for a specific job. That's also why I have multiple S-12's, an 8", 12", and some 19"s, again, not braggin', just sayin'. And, like I said in my OP, the fireball is fun, but not practical, that's why I'm looking at flash suppressors. ;) And thanks again man, I'm glad you kinda like it! ;):lol:

It took me four days to make that gun. I could have made a dozen Saiga-12's in that amount of time. That is why the entire Tromix lineup of rifles was discontinued after that gun. The rifles were only about 1% of my business anyway, and I am not tooled up to make the rifles with any kind of speed. It's a complete hand job............

Tony

Thanks post-apocalyptic, but this gun is perfectly practical/effective in that it does exactly what it's supposed to do, be small, compact, maneuverable and full of firepower. :devil: I've got multiple 7.62's with 16" barrels and even an RPK, not braggin', just sayin', I gots bigger gunz . . . And this gun is lighter and way more maneuverable. The point of this gun was to be good for CQC and 100% KICK-ASS . . . A specific tool for a specific job. That's also why I have multiple S-12's, an 8", 12", and some 19"s, again, not braggin', just sayin'. And, like I said in my OP, the fireball is fun, but not practical, that's why I'm looking at flash suppressors. ;) And thanks again man, I'm glad you kinda like it! ;):lol:

Well, considering that you have what sounds like a pretty large collection of Russian lead throwers, the choice to commission the micro 7.62 makes more sense. It is also a completely unique Tromix build, which adds a whole other dimension of cool to it. :up:

It took me four days to make that gun. I could have made a dozen Saiga-12's in that amount of time. That is why the entire Tromix lineup of rifles was discontinued after that gun. The rifles were only about 1% of my business anyway, and I am not tooled up to make the rifles with any kind of speed. It's a complete hand job............

Tony

I'm quite impressed with the pics of what you did with the rear sight block.

Tony

Like I said in my email, "this thing is fucking beautiful . . . Just what I had in mind! Thank you very much!" I'm glad I talked to you about this when I did! I looked at several styles of AK variant SBR's, and when I saw your .308, I knew I had found what I was looking for . . . Of course now it appears that I may be the "straw that broke the camel's back," I've potentially got PRISONSHANK and a handful of others set out to hunt me down now! :unsure::haha:

But seriously, thank you again, Tony! I appreciate all the time, effort and work you put into it! :up:

:wub:

That's gorgeous! No surprise it came from Tromix.

<------jealous.

Thanks! :smoke: And hell yeah it's no surprise, all of my Tromix firearms are a work of art in their own right!

Well, considering that you have what sounds like a pretty large collection of Russian lead throwers, the choice to commission the micro 7.62 makes more sense. It is also a completely unique Tromix build, which adds a whole other dimension of cool to it. :up:

Well thank you. And they're not all Russian though, I've got a thing for Yugo's too! I'm not one of those who generally likes to "flash my toys," but I thought I HAD to share this with you guys (and girls). It was, I figured, the first of it's kind. But now, after what Tony stated above, it appears it's the only one of it's kind!!! :eyes_droped: So yeah, that definitely adds a whole other dimension of cool to it! :super::smoke:

Tony

I'm quite impressed with the pics of what you did with the rear sight block.

If you're ever in my area, let me know . . . It's even more impressive in person . . . While shooting it . . .

.............I've been out of town for about two weeks, and just saw this little jewel !!!

TOO COOL, RAOUL !!!!

Just having a TROMIX gun is a priceless feeling, but having a TROMIX gun that's one-of-a-kind...........well, that's better than priceless !!! 'Nuff said !!

Tony

I agree with slash-5; Tony saying that "It's a complete hand job...." sounds all wrong in the worst sort of way.... especially since he is clearly indicating he was the individual performing the "hand job."

:haha2: . . . . . :haha2: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :nothing:

That's a beautiful job, very impressive. Typical of Tonys work.

I did a similar job for a customer, but his wasn't an SBR, he wanted the flash hider to end at 16". It has HK sights and I closed up the original rear sight base. Unfortunately, he showed up the same day I finished it, early, and it was gone before I got pics taken.

I need to get a camera dedicated for the shop.

.............I've been out of town for about two weeks, and just saw this little jewel !!!

TOO COOL, RAOUL !!!!

Just having a TROMIX gun is a priceless feeling, but having a TROMIX gun that's one-of-a-kind...........well, that's better than priceless !!! 'Nuff said !!

Good to see you back Jeaux ! . ! . ! It seemed I hadn't seen you around here, and I guess that would explain it . . . And yeah, since it's apparently a one-of-a-kind, it brings to mind George "No Show" Jones -

It just don't get any better than this

That's about as good as good ever gets

If there's anything better it's something I missed

It just don't get any better than this!!! :super:

Tony

I agree with slash-5; Tony saying that "It's a complete hand job...." sounds all wrong in the worst sort of way.... especially since he is clearly indicating he was the individual performing the "hand job."

:haha2: . . . . . :haha2: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :nothing:

Yeah, I noticed that too. :blush: I just didn't really want to "rub it in." But let me tell ya, that was a damned fine hand job and worth every penny . . . And the wife was okay with it too . . . ;)

Very nice! I like it!

Thanks Azrial! :up::smoke:

That's a beautiful job, very impressive. Typical of Tonys work.

I did a similar job for a customer, but his wasn't an SBR, he wanted the flash hider to end at 16". It has HK sights and I closed up the original rear sight base. Unfortunately, he showed up the same day I finished it, early, and it was gone before I got pics taken.

I need to get a camera dedicated for the shop.

Thanks Gunfixr! :up: And hell yeah it's typical of Tonys work . . . But you, IMO, that I've seen (pictures), do good work too. I've got a few of your gas plugs and can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for your (I swear I recall you saying you were working on these) self-regulating gas plugs. So hell yeah you need to get a dedicated shop camera . . .

I forgot to thank you for posting the pics of the RSB, looks fantastic, i figured he would fill it in, but thats even cleaner than i thought it would be, leave it to tony to continue to impress in everything he does.

No problem Rev. But like I said, he gave me the choice and I chose filled in . . . And it looks better than what I "saw in my head" when he asked me about it . . . Tony is quite the craftsman . . .

I bet it is a loud little bastard.

What?!?! Huh?!?!

Oh yeah . . . It's LOUD. :devil: When I pull the trigger on this, the (gun) range stands still for a second (at least) . . . And not I'm not trying to be all up on your jock, but I must say, seeing your Wood S17 (researching shotgun information years ago) is what brought my attention to Saigas and Tromix. Thank you Sir.

Love this little Tromix. The Shark Break must sing your eye lashes everytime you fire it. :eek:

Damn near! The heat you feel on your forehead is similar to what you feel when you open the door on a hot oven! :eek::blink::devil: Just with more pressure pushing it towards you . . .

check out this video of a shake brake, watch the guy's hair

That slow motion is great! :lolol: That's what it's like on my 16" barrels with a Shark Brake . . .

• 4 weeks later...
62/Micro7622.jpg[/img]

It's the first (marked NO. 1), and as of yet, only Tromix Micro 7.62! :killer::super:

Micro7623.jpg

It shoots great! The Shark Brake is borderline insane on a barrel this short. You get a hot blast of air in your face and people standing 6 feet behind/beside me said they could easily feel the gas coming back that far! In the shade at high noon I could see a fireball the size of a basketball! :devil: With the Shark Brake the recoil is so low, I though it failed to cycle the first shot I took. It pretty much just shakes when fired. Very, very little recoil. And while it is fun, it's not very practical as it would dry out your eyes and blind you with the flash if you tried to use it for defense.

So on that note, does anybody (I know someone's got to . . .) have experience with flash suppressors on a barrel this short? The two that come to my mind are the Smith Enterprise Vortex and the King Armory 1230. Suppressing as much of the flash as possible is paramount, as the recoil is obviously low anyway. Any suggestions?

That thing is EVIL looking!

The Vortex will cut down the flash the best but you will lose the option of jamming that gruesome Tromix muzzle device into some zombie's eye socket when he get's the jump on you at contact range :D

Edited by SOPMOD
  • 2 months later...