I just got one from Promag the other day, they didnt fix mine just sent a new one, had a heavier spring but still didnt feed at all. I emailed them and got an quick reply and they are having this one picked up. The guy said he would personally make sure they send a functional one this time.

I own 4 of them..They work great...The first 2 were gen 1 ...They didnt feed properly but i returned them and got new ones in 1 week...Now They work flawlessly.. Will probably buy more later..But im savin up for a drum...

Tested mine today function as well as AGP and Surefire I'm happy!!!!

Glad to hear it.

I'm assuming the one I have is a Gen1. I had to do the cork/fork fix and do some filing. It's still a pain to lock in :ded: . I stick to my AGP's for now.

So it sounds like ProMag took notice of the customer complaints, and fixed the problem. Good to hear.

Is yours labeled Gen2 on the body somewhere?

I keep reading about the corky forky shit, WTF?

A lot of the ProMags had followers that would go past the "stop" inside the magazine, leaving it higher than it should have been. The bolt would smash into the back of it, after you fired off the last shell, acting as a LRBHO of sorts. Not a good thing.

Someone posted a fix for this: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=314423 . Worked great.

A lot of the ProMags had followers that would go past the "stop" inside the magazine, leaving it higher than it should have been. The bolt would smash into the back of it, after you fired off the last shell, acting as a LRBHO of sorts. Not a good thing.

Someone posted a fix for this: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=314423 . Worked great.

my promag does the same thing ,thought it was made that way .i feel like sgt Schultz "I KNOW NOTHING"!!! glad i found this post thanks

my promag does the same thing ,thought it was made that way .i feel like sgt Schultz "I KNOW NOTHING"!!! glad i found this post thanks

Sounds like you have the Gen 1...You can send them back and promag will give you a free replacement of the Gen 2 mags..

Sounds like you have the Gen 1...You can send them back and promag will give you a free replacement of the Gen 2 mags..

i filed them some dos that matter?

i filed them some dos that matter?

You and me are in the same boat. I just emailed ProMag and asked if they'll replace the problem mags with these new Gen2 mags, even if the mags have been "modified". When they respond, I'll post it up here and let you know.

Edited by 22_Shooter
thank you very much!!

No problem. (Still no response yet. Hopefully when I wake up later today, I'll have an email from them.)

Mine were filed inside and at the back end for it to lock in properly before i sent it back..I never notified Promag of this miner modification before i sent them in..I would tell you not to let them know of this..Because it clearly states on there lifetime warranty service that any modifications done to there mags will void them immediately..What you should do is send them back and when they recieve it call them and explain that you are having feeding issues and they will replace them like what they did with mine..I even spoke to one of there techs and he told me that they will automatically replace any gen 1 mag that has issues..If they ask let them know you had problems getting your mag inside the magwell and you had to file a little off for it to fit..

thank you very much!!

No problem. (Still no response yet. Hopefully when I wake up later today, I'll have an email from them.)

Mine were filed inside and at the back end for it to lock in properly before i sent it back..I never notified Promag of this miner modification before i sent them in..I would tell you not to let them know of this..Because it clearly states on there lifetime warranty service that any modifications done to there mags will void them immediately..What you should do is send them back and when they recieve it call them and explain that you are having feeding issues and they will replace them like what they did with mine..I even spoke to one of there techs and he told me that they will automatically replace any gen 1 mag that has issues..If they ask let them know you had problems getting your mag inside the magwell and you had to file a little off for it to fit..

Thanks for the heads up.

Some wishful thinking here: Did they provide a pre-paid shipping tag?

thank you very much!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Some wishful thinking here: Did they provide a pre-paid shipping tag?

No they didnt...I never asked..It wouldnt hurt to ask them though..But it cost me 8.00 to send them back via USPS...They paid for return shipping..

Yeah, they told me i voided mine when i went to work clearancing it to fit a 12 ga shell...

I bought 6 of the gen 1 mags at a gun show a while back 25 bucks a piece found out they did not feed and follower came all the way up called them they told me to send them back I told them they where gen1 mags he said write a note and ship them back so it cost me 14 bucks to ship them back and got all new gen 2 mags 2 weeks later that work great

There is no visual diff outher than on all then gen2 I just got back on the front and back there is a mark I guess a tab that was for the mold just looks like some thing was sticking off and they broke the tab off only visual diff and pulling the spring out its longer and the follower is not as flimsy and thicker