i'm a fan of unfiltered wheat beers, mostly...

UWB_bottle.jpg

I love em all! As long as it isnt Bud, Miller, Cors, Busch, .... The stronger the alcohol content the better!!!!

If you guys are ever in the Philadelphia Pa area, around the Willow Grove AFB there is a bar called Iron Abby. They have something like 300 exotic beer with 20 on tap. Including a 20 or so page beer manu. So far I have finished 2 pages. :beer: Oh and BTW they are about 5 feet from Claytons Hunting and fishing :killer:

I've got a thing for drinking local brews from my state of Missouri: Mueller, O'Fallon, & Schlafly. They've each got good selections and I like supporting the local economy.

Other non-local favorites include Bell's Amber Ale, Blue Moon, Negra Modelo, and Hacker Pschorr Weisse.

Edited by zakmatthews
  • 3 months later...

Back when I drank, I loved my beer, dark, bitter, nutty, awesome aromas and heads you could float a quarter on.

My two biggest players that were always readily available were 'Samuel Adams' & 'Samuel Smith's'.

Just about anything by these two brewers made my palate orgasm, but some were definite favorites, e.g. SM's Imperial Stout/Taddy Porter & SA's Winter Wheat/Double Bock.

Plus in SoCal there was a plethora of great micro breweries that turned out some of the finest brewskies to pour down your gullet.

yuengling.jpg

YUENGLING LAGER

I loathe life because I moved to the west coast and can't get this beer anywhere out here..

D.G. Yuengling & Son, commonly called Yuengling, from Pottsville PA, oldest operating brewery in the country, established in 1829 and Yuengling's trademarked phrase "America's Oldest Brewery" refers to the U.S. only, as the Canadian brand Molson, founded in 1786 is the oldest in North America.

Yuengling's Lager is known for its rich Amber color and medium bodied flavor. Brewed with roasted caramel malt for subtle sweetness and a combo of cluster and cascade hops.

• Like 1

Figured i would start a thread on different beers we enjoy. This has been done befor but i believe it was aiming for something cheap.

rogue%20dead%20guy%20ale%20review.jpg

This one is relativly popular, I know i've seen pics of cobra working in his shop with one of these nearby. I put away a 12 pack of them myself on saturday night. Its a pretty full bodied beer, with a good hoppy flavor to it. I usualy tell people who havn't tried it befor that if you like the way beer tastes, you know that beer taste, this is just more of that.

I was at the Rouge Brewery in Newport on Wednesday for a case sale. I got a case of Kells for $45. They had some damn good deals there, I think they had their shakespeare stout for $25-30 a case. This is a picture of a bunch of kegs they had outside (I know it is shitty quality but it was from a camera phone and I was moving quickly towards the sale area).

post-17716-12593711452254_thumb.jpg

Newcastle and bass are my favorite store bought.. Guess it's the english in me..

Also a HUGE fan of Holy grail by Black sheep brewery.. When I manage to find it.

My buddyis an insanely talented homebrewer though so most of the stuff I like wouldn't mean anything to anyone..

ATTENTION ALL BEER LOVERS! I used to work at (and am still good friends with the owners/managers) the Guiness Book of World Records holder for the most types of beer in a bar. It's located in Washington DC, it ain't the cleanest, there are no TVs, but the beer list is unbeleivable at over 1000 different types of beer in stock. It's called the Brickskellar and also has (for those of you who like keg beer) a sister bar in Chinatown called RFD.

Here's the website to the beer list, be prepared to cream your pants by the selection...... http://www.lovethebeer.com/beer-list.html

As I look through the online list I'm noticing that's an old list, they carry even more now. The brick is often used a trial run place for beers that have not made it to the market yet.

After working there and tasting many expensive beers for free I'll stick with good old Mickeys malt liqour! LOL! Just kidding! or am I! LOL!

ATTENTION ALL BEER LOVERS! I used to work at (and am still good friends with the owners/managers) the Guiness Book of World Records holder for the most types of beer in a bar. It's located in Washington DC, it ain't the cleanest, there are no TVs, but the beer list is unbeleivable at over 1000 different types of beer in stock. It's called the Brickskellar and also has (for those of you who like keg beer) a sister bar in Chinatown called RFD.

Here's the website to the beer list, be prepared to cream your pants by the selection...... http://www.lovethebeer.com/beer-list.html

As I look through the online list I'm noticing that's an old list, they carry even more now. The brick is often used a trial run place for beers that have not made it to the market yet.

After working there and tasting many expensive beers for free I'll stick with good old Mickeys malt liqour! LOL! Just kidding! or am I! LOL!

WOW, I would not even know where to start. I thought some of the bars around here had a good selection, but that just blows them out of the water. There is a place around here called the Green Dragon that has about 50 micro brews on tap (although thier site does not list everything they have on tap) and regularly rotates them with different ones so there is always a chance to try something new. There is also a place called Old Chicago that has somewhere around 100 different kinds of beer, but not all on tap (also about 1/4 of them are just stuff you can find at Fred Meyer so it is not TOO impressive). However there is a store around here called Johns Market Place which has the most kinds of beer I have ever seen in one place, I am like a kid in a candy store when I go there.

Edited by Death_Delirium

I've always liked Ommegang. I bought it one day because it was a fraction of the cost of Chimay, but it turned out to be pretty good.

ommegang.jpg

It also ages really well and gets better the longer it is aged, up to five years.

I've also grown fond of Allagash.

allagash.jpg

Their White is a really nice Belgian wheat.

Everyone should definitely check out the Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

Central NY has some great beer!!! Ommegang is good and they are owned by Duvel too. A great place to go in Syracuse in Clark's Ale house (great roast beef, only place that beats it is the Polish Club). Every so often they have a real ale fest, it is awesome. Cask is great. My favorite brewery; however, is http://www.lagunitas.com/home.html their IPA is AMAZING, the best I've had.

Edited by sudndeth

yuengling.jpg

YUENGLING LAGER

I loathe life because I moved to the west coast and can't get this beer anywhere out here..

D.G. Yuengling & Son, commonly called Yuengling, from Pottsville PA, oldest operating brewery in the country, established in 1829 and Yuengling's trademarked phrase "America's Oldest Brewery" refers to the U.S. only, as the Canadian brand Molson, founded in 1786 is the oldest in North America.

Yuengling's Lager is known for its rich Amber color and medium bodied flavor. Brewed with roasted caramel malt for subtle sweetness and a combo of cluster and cascade hops.

I miss the black and tans at the bars in Philly!!! It's a great beer that I can not get in Montana. Someone think of me at christmas! Now my local favorite is Bayern Dopplebock, A smooth dark winter lager with 8.4% boozahol and a "no need to shave your tounge" drinkability.

Hence my after 1pm on a work night (for me) post!!!!!!! Hick-up!

Central NY has some great beer!!! Ommegang is good and they are owned by Duvel too. A great place to go in Syracuse in Clark's Ale house (great roast beef, only place that beats it is the Polish Club). Every so often they have a real ale fest, it is awesome. Cask is great. My favorite brewery; however, is http://www.lagunitas.com/home.html their IPA is AMAZING, the best I've had.

I have had that... and its not bad... although I must debate that... I want you to try Harpoon's IPA... Its pretty phenominal... and to be honest... Ithaca brewing's Casca-Zilla is awesome tasty, as well as Phin and Matts Extraordinary Ale. from Southern Tier brewing...

All are EXCELLENT!!!!

Try THEM!!

:smoke:

Beer? y'alls sound like a bunch of alcoholics...

beer.jpg

In all honesty though... although I LOVE my dark beers, I have NEVER had anything that was better for my taste buds than Michigan brewerys Screaming pumpkin ale. It's got good taste then the after taste is like you just took a bite of pumpkin pie. Voodoo vator is an EXCELLENT 10%er if you like dark beer, murphys in a can with the rocket widget is good if you insist on dark beer from a can, Dirty bastard from Founders is another good 10$er and dark, alot more hoppy than most dark ones though. All time favorite dark beer though would have to be Lion Stout, made with mocha and coffee malts... it's like drinking a delicious mud puddle.

Hey damaged if you like dark and hoppy try just about any of the beers from Stoned Brewing Company. If there not available over there in Lapeer you can order some, they have a list of suppliers that will ship directly to you.

You may have had there Arrogant Bastard Ale before but that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you get your hands on any of there anniversery ales LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!! There hard to get.

Hey damaged if you like dark and hoppy try just about any of the beers from Stoned Brewing Company. If there not available over there in Lapeer you can order some, they have a list of suppliers that will ship directly to you.

You may have had there Arrogant Bastard Ale before but that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you get your hands on any of there anniversery ales LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!! There hard to get.

The place I go to has a 12 pack of 13th aniversary still around...

It was okay, I really wasn't that impressed compared to some of the other brews they make.

Edited by Nailbomb