OK, the current production of the 5.45 looks just like the 7.62. Stamped / staked on front sight and gas block, dimpled reciever above the mag well/opening. And it will take the Flat style bulletguide. I'll try to get some pics up later............Tom :smoke:

Got a price on them yet???

In this thread... http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=43581&hl= ...VK said he tries to match prices, in reply to someone posting a link to Peachstate's thread and someone stating what Centerfire is gonna sell them for, who will be letting people pre-order at $349, and then anyone who doesn't make the pre-order list can get them for $369.

So I'm going to assume around the $349-$369 area.

But I'm not VK, so take that for what's it worth.

Edited by 22_Shooter

Have you tried any Saiga 223 or Surefire 223 mags in it yet? Is the 5.45 mag the same or similar to the 223?

Curious, since I have plenty of them and hope they might work...or maybe with a simple follower swap.

Edited by m1key
Have you tried any Saiga 223 or Surefire 223 mags in it yet? Is the 5.45 mag the same or similar to the 223?

Curious, since I have plenty of them and hope they might work...or maybe with a simple follower swap.

Similar, yes.

The same - no.

The curvature of the cartridges preclude reliable usage in mags not designed for them.

Swapping the follower isn't gonna help you, as the curve of the mag body is different. This causes binding when using cartridges for with they weren't designed.

Maybe I'll give MAA a call and see if they know of any plans Surefire has for 5.45 mags..

It would likely be a while before anyone produces US made Saiga mags for it, but I wouldn't spend money on them. If you get one do yourself a favor and mod it to use military grade mags. JMHO

Edited by bigj480

Got an email this afternoon from MAA:

"We have received into inventory several new products

and numerous out of stock products. Over the next two weeks, we will be

receiving several newly developed Saiga products. Check our website out for

updates."

...maybe Surefire 5.45 mags?

Edited by m1key

the living expert is on something. no extra mags were brought in with the 5.45's, as it was something that Russia retooled with, as-new. THEY OFFERED US THIS PRODUCT, IT WASNT A REQUEST!!!!!

welcome to area 52.

thanks for sending someone to another place, nalioth. I like Nathan, and this isnt about him or me.

If you are not warned for this, Im going to be upset.

have a good day. oh, and go crosslink your OWN shit. OH WAIT it dont drop in, does it.......

area fifty fuckin two, I tell ya......

Im lodging a formal complaint....

looks like another living expert....

I think I'll stick with Tom.....

I have had enough of this sophmoric bullshit, already!!!!

ENOUGH

houston aint that fukkin far for me, Nalioth......

the living expert is on something. no extra mags were brought in with the 5.45's, as it was something that Russia retooled with, as-new.

welcome to area 52.

thanks for sending someone to another place, nalioth. I like Nathan, and this isnt about him or me.

have a good day. oh, and go crosslink your OWN shit. OH WAIT it dont drop in, does it.......

If you didn't notice, Bvamp - this is general discussion. So give yourself a colorectal cleansing with your "formal complaint".

the living expert is on something. no extra mags were brought in with the 5.45's, as it was something that Russia retooled with, as-new. THEY OFFERED US THIS PRODUCT, IT WASNT A REQUEST!!!!!

welcome to area 52.

I have had enough of this sophmoric bullshit, already!!!!

ENOUGH

no extra mags were brought in with the 5.45's, as it was something that Russia retooled with....??

watcha mean??

hey nailoth, do YOU have extra mags? WHY NOT. oh, this is where you can mod them and sell them to the public, right? yer a distributor, or something....COOL HOW MUCH

why is my partner's thread bein polluted with this gibberish of people that dont know fuck all....?????

I am seriously starting to get angry.

LOL... I am lost here... why is Nalioth getting all this shite?

I thought he just answered someone's question... That is what I assumed MAA was as well. Is it not?

Well, if you notice the timestamp, all of those posts were made after 5pm, thats pretty much all you need to know about the why.

and yes, that is what it was referring to.

~cheers

Any posts made after 5pm on Friday/Sat have to be discounted as Alcohol uninhibited! :lol:

Oh, so that's the deal. I dared not believe such was the case.... but based on a few of his other posts in other threads, and how his spelling routinely falls to shit, clearly it is so.

:secret_smile:

ya know, I dont know yet.

Tom is out at a gunshow this weekend, and Im in Florida, not Ohio, so I cant go into the shop and tell you myself. Tom said something about the feed ramp shape, I do think.

As for Nalioth and me giving him shit, well, I dont like Nalioth from a few things that have transpired in the past, and I dont care to, nor will I, hide the fact. please excuse my unprofessionalism. Stay outta my company's threads, or Ill let ya have it, Nalioth. Just......go play over there or something. get the fuck away from me. Next time you post a link to another seller, forum business member or not, without my consent, in a "money thread" as I call my business here, Im going to have a hammer dropped on your goddamn account. Dont hijack my thread again, even if it is a businessmember here, without asking myself or Mr Cole first. I like Nathan. I aint saying a word about that. You, however, have a lot of nerve dropping in here with an outsourced link to a place that dont have the mags (there are no extra mags) in a business matter from my company.

My impression from meeting the owner of Surefire mags, is that they are capable of making the mould themselves in short time, or subbing it out locally in short order, HOWEVER, such a small number of this chambering is in the USA at this time, that I doubt they will take that project on, YET. IF they keep coming in, Im sure they will come out with a mag.

and +1 to the post-5pm comments :) Ill be celebrating my birthday with a bottle of tastey scotch monday, so I may go missing for a day, out of caution. only on death of family member, the 4th of july, and on my birthday, do I drink my firewater, and its hardly ever pretty.....

and to the rest of you, I do apologize for my unprofessionalism above. It just really irks the shit out of me. Im sorry that I can be so "animated" at times. It gets me in my fair share of trouble, for what its worth.