Awesome Saiga range pic....

Mine does that with the magnum loads. Last time at the range I shot about 100 federal bulk pack target loads, 50-60 2 3/4 slugs then changed over to some 3" Magnum high velocity slugs. The "BOOM" and fireball were quite a change. Also shot about 2 boxes of 45-70 out of my Marlin Guide Gun, and a few 30-06 from a friends bolt action rifle. Nice plum colored bruise when I got home. Wish I could go shoot it at night somewhere.

HA! Thats awesome! I've tried to get shots like that of my husband... it's hard to get that exact moment!

Here's what I do:

I've got a simple "point-n-shoot" digital camera.

If you press the shutter-button half way down, it auto-focuses, and once you press it all the way, it immediately snaps a shot. No delay.

So I have my girl/buddy/whoever has the camera, be ready to "shoot" with the shutter-button pressed half way down, pointed at me & the gun.

I'll say "go" to let them know to take the picture.

A second second after I say "go", I'll fire off a round.

So, technically, the shutter-button is pushed before I actually even fire.

It usually works, and will pick up the fireball.

It's also good for catching the "frozen brass" pics, where the brass is floating in mid-air as it ejects.

That's how I do it anyway.

:super::super:

BTW, what stock is on the Saiga?

Looks like a Tapco T6 for unconverted Saigas. I could be wrong though.

fireball of the year?

maybe an illusion from ground cover, but it looks like the payload was about twenty feet from you in the pic.....you can see some residual "turmoil" in front of the fireball in that shot....

very cool

fireball of the year?

maybe an illusion from ground cover, but it looks like the payload was about twenty feet from you in the pic.....you can see some residual "turmoil" in front of the fireball in that shot....

very cool

I have been studying that picture and I do believe you are correct.....when compared to the frames before and after it does appear to be the payload about 15 to 20 feet in front of the flash.