I received a call from the SECRET SERVICE today...

I was down in the front office dealing with some inventory issues with the purchasing lady... when the office manager comes over and quietly says " Mike... you have a call on line 2... They said they are an agent with the Secret Service.... " she was kinda flustered... and the instant I hear those words... I WAS TOO!!!! :cryss::unsure::cryss::unsure::cryss:

So I go pick up the phone, the gentleman greets me and identifies himself as agent so and so with the United States Secret Service... and that he had my name and number from a list of one of their investigations... It seems there is a SCAM operating out of Canada... and I was one of their potential victims...

At this point, I let out a HUGE sigh of relief... tucked all my skeletons BACK deeply into the closet... and proceeded to offer him some names and numbers of the scammers that I knew about...

Seems that "Frederick Ho" from the "Coca Cola Foundation" out of England who is wanting to send me multiple MILLIONS of dollars was going to send me my PRELIMINARY cheque for $287,000 bucks... I informed him I KNEW of this, I gave them partial information to get that check to me... HONESTLY... I just want to be able to hold in my hand a check for close to three hundred grand... I KNOW its a bogus deal, I informed him I knew that... and told him if they thought they would get any cash from me " They were barking up the wrong tree"... he said that so far American taxpayers have been taken for over 100 million dollars in similar operations and they were calling to "warn me" that it was a scam....

SO... I just hope I still get my check in the mail... :dollar::rolleyes::dollar:

Gotta love the SCAM artists these days!!! :up:

:smoke:

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty damned stupid to fall for something like that.

I, on the other hand, am patiently awaiting my $300 million from the deposed treasury secretary from Nigeria. I sent him the money he needed to smuggle it out of the country, and he also offered me his beautiful daughter to take as my bride. I will post pictures of my wedding and my new mansion as soon as my ship comes in.

I have a "company" check for over 3000 bucks hanging on my wall, stupid scammer thought I was going to take it for a 500 dollar car on craigslist and send the rest back to him. He even paid to overnight UPS it from Houston to Oklahoma LOL

He started getting nasty as to where was his money, and I "went off" on him in an email asking him what the fuck is the FBI doing showing up at my bank to talk to me when I tried to cash the check (a bald faced lie on my part) and what the hell was he getting me in to.

Never heard from him again.

Of course I called to verify that the check was bogus, never hurts to look LOL

Huh, didn't realize scams were part of the secret service's purview. I've tried to communicate with them a time or two in the past, to report counterfeit currency at my place of work. Left voicemail both times and never heard back, ended up turning over the fakes to the local PD.

Judge shows are full of people that scam their friends and have them cash the check for them ... The excuse is that they don't have a bank account .. When the check is proven bogus the person that cashed the check wants their money back, the gall ... Then they end up in pretend court acting as thou they thought the check was legit..... :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Maybe Maobama thinks that he will be able to use the same scam when the Government finally realizes broke is broke.....

Edited by Lakedweller
Huh, didn't realize scams were part of the secret service's purview. I've tried to communicate with them a time or two in the past, to report counterfeit currency at my place of work. Left voicemail both times and never heard back, ended up turning over the fakes to the local PD.

If it has to do with money the Secret Service will get involved.. International scam... Only the government is allowed to scam people...

someone musta mailed cash back that wasnt good......

mabye its north korea!!! OHHHHHHhhhhhh......

hey, why not just NOT open those emails or be a wise ass???

I got two today, actually.....

but its ok, mike, they already know all of us, quite well, actually.....

Funny money is the jurisdiction of the SS/Treasury Department. The SS shares many cases with local PD's for joint investigation (state,county, city) police unless it is a very large operation. There is simply not enough secret service field agents to spend the direct time needed on each and every case. Always contact the authorities when you are contacted either by mail, telephone, electronic or other means when in doubt. The authorities will almost never ask personal information except in person. They have to be able to prove whom they have contacted during official business...at least when dealing with important matters. If you are ever asked for monies or personal information simply hang up and report the matter. US postal service received letters should contain a letterhead and contact information. Cross check the contact information with the phone book. Most emails are garbage...too hard to secure official transactions. At least on the federal level.

As I said... I was only nervous about them being the SS until they told me why they were calling... then it was like no biggie... I was already on the same page THEY were...

I dont plan to send anyone ANYTHING... and all they said to me on the phone was I was on a scammers list and to not send anyone any monies... that was it... they didnt ask me for ANY information, nor was I really worried at that point... any information the scammers have from me that I have given to them, is actually LESS then anyone can get out of the white pages in the phone book as public information! They were given a partial name for me, part of my address, and then it was my secondary residence where I dont actually live, nor use for any of my business information, and my WORK phone number.

I hope my check gets here SOON!!! LOL :lol::dollar:

:smoke:

On one of my mustang boards a guy was selling and got an offer like this. I will send you a certified check for MUCH over the asking price but you have to send me cash. Something like that. He said make it out to Elvis Aron Presley. They did and he posted pics of it along with his email correspondence with them. DUM DA DUM DUM. It was all funny.

I got one better. My wife calls me excited and says LISTEN TO THIS. Apparently a cell phone called us by accident and we picked up a conversation on the answering machine. Two guys were talking in a car about how fantastic their new batch of counterfeit fifties looked. One was so happy he was singing Celebration Time. I phoned in their number and a summary to the S.S. but I don't guess they heeded it because the next week there was a news story about some very good fake fifties flooding.