THIS IS PROBABLY FAKE- DO NOT WORRY. Pravda.ru is NOT a dependable news source. Though bearing the name of the well-known Russian/Soviet state-run newspaper, pravda.ru is not the same thing. The original Pravda was disbanded during the Yeltsin administration, this Pravda simply adopted the name thereafter. It's in fact just a tabloid, full of sensational stories, similar to Weekly World News available here in the USA. They pepper in a few genuine stories for credibility's sake here and there, but it's largely utter fiction. Where's my proof? Look at the Wikipedia article on Izhmash, you'll find the description provided as to what Izhmash is and what they do has been taken word for word and copied into the Pravda.ru article. All Pravda.ru did is sandwich that description between a couple of dubious sentences about filing for bankruptcy. It seems rather silly, no? Can't exactly be dependable journalism, if it has to plagiarize background information from wikipedia. So I wouldn't worry too much,

Seems odd. The company appears to be selling everything it can produce as fast as it can get its products out the door. I'd love to be in that position. Lots of things could be at the root of the bankruptcy filing - Too many contracts in Ruble denominations coupled with rapid currency depreciation, fraud, corruption, mismanagement, tax and benefit rates - who knows?

Maybe we'll just have to start producing AK shotguns right here in the good old USA. We already make standard AK parts to replace practically any part of an AK. Producing an entire AK 12 gauge just doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

Hell, they pound them out with sticks and rocks in Waziristan :osama:

WS

THIS IS PROBABLY FAKE- DO NOT WORRY. Pravda.ru is NOT a dependable news source. Though bearing the name of the well-known Russian/Soviet state-run newspaper, pravda.ru is not the same thing. The original Pravda was disbanded during the Yeltsin administration, this Pravda simply adopted the name thereafter. It's in fact just a tabloid, full of sensational stories, similar to Weekly World News available here in the USA. They pepper in a few genuine stories for credibility's sake here and there, but it's largely utter fiction. Where's my proof? Look at the Wikipedia article on Izhmash, you'll find the description provided as to what Izhmash is and what they do has been taken word for word and copied into the Pravda.ru article. All Pravda.ru did is sandwich that description between a couple of dubious sentences about filing for bankruptcy. It seems rather silly, no? Can't exactly be dependable journalism, if it has to plagiarize background information from wikipedia. So I wouldn't worry too much,

No it is NOT FAKE. http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=Izhmash

Lots of legit news sources picking this story up.

Likely they will oporate under what ever restructuring occurs. I doubt Russia would let this factory fail.

This does explain some things......................

Like the amount of warranty issues coming thru.............

and the "No-comprede english" I'm getting on the phone calls to Izhmash.......

Well, Hell.........maybe if they ask nice obama can just print them up another batch of Yankee Dollars and send them over a pallet or two .................it's not like as if it's real money anymore or his money.........ph34r.gif

Okay, I'm in on the Saiga forum buy out of Izhmash. However, for my investment in the bail out, I mean buy out, I want to be Corporate Counsel and assistant weapons tester. I will require an unlimited budget for travel, entertainment, lobbying, bribes, ammo and targets. Also, I think I will need several college age female interns to assist me in thoroughly completing my new duties.

WJ

they should find the biggest baddest jewish attorney in manhatten and sick them on the other factories that dont have licensing contracts with them. Hell, all they need to do is remind Israel that they had a HUGE hand in wiping the nazis out. This was one of the main places the guns came from to do that. I know it sounds like a bad joke, but Im being serious here. Maybe its time for them to pull in the debts owed to the factory socially....

In the case of the saiga, at least we are buying what we CAN from the factory.....

I guess I have to redouble my focus on how to sell more of these puppies....I think Im going to take a serious look at publically debunking the rumors about these guns being "inaccurate range toys"

Ill have to ring a few phones after I get back from my day job today, and see if I can get the ball rolling on something I have been tossing around for a while now, that just dont have the funds to do.

I'm sure we can ask some of our members in Russia to follow up on this and a call to Mr. Woods at RAAC probably would not be a bad idea. RAAC has even more at stake here as this is their business. I really doubt Izhmash will be allowed by Moscow to close as Izhmash is a major supplier the Russian armed forces with firearms. I guess nobody is really buying their cars after all!!

I spoke with Clyde last week, actually. They are looking to ramp up marketing, due to the sluggish market we have right now in the US. EVERYONE has seen a pretty sizeable slow-down in product movement across the board. The economy sucks, and people just dont have the disposable income right now to spend.

I think the biggest thing is to make more people aware of this gun, and prove its viability in the competition, hunting, and casual shooting areas of the gun community.

One thing I'm willing to bet on.......................the prices are not coming down.

If anything I can see the supply dropping and prices rising again.

The Russians may be learning about the free market slowly.

But after the last lesson of supply and demand on the S-12s, they have learned something.

And on that note the current $666 special will end the end of this month...No matter what happens I have enough guns on hand to supply existing orders.

The worker from IzhMash, who is the member of the www.talk.guns.ru forum, said that for the last several month they had been working 3 days a week, as they had little orders. They get very little money for their job, so qualified workers left the plant long ago. New manager of the plant made nothing to improve the situation, but bought new cars for himself. IzhMash lost the market. People in Russia already do not want to buy anything from Izhmash because of poor quality and high prices.

they should find the biggest baddest jewish attorney in manhatten and sick them on the other factories that dont have licensing contracts with them. Hell, all they need to do is remind Israel that they had a HUGE hand in wiping the nazis out.

Aside from the offense nature of the first half of that statement the second half shows a server lack of knowledge concerning the history of Jews in Russia. Try googling "pogrom" that should at least get you started. Further the red army killed its fair share of Jews.

Maybe we'll just have to start producing AK shotguns right here in the good old USA. We already make standard AK parts to replace practically any part of an AK. Producing an entire AK 12 gauge just doesn't seem like it would be that hard.

The argument has always been that one could not turn a profit on a domestically produced AK design. Given the traditionally low prices of AK platform weapons this was probably true. However, I think a domestically produced version of the S12 might be viable. Un-converted ones sell for $550 now. Even a fairly basic conversion will push it over $700. And as many here can attest, one can easily spend significantly more than that. The factory quality of the current $550 saiga is wanting.

A domestic S12 that came with some of the goodies that we add on our own would probably be competitively priced with the buying a Russian gun and and converting it. The domestic guns would likely be of much higher quality. I look at what I have invested in my S12 versus what I paid for my browning autoloaders and its kind of nuts given the quality difference in each. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my S12 and enjoy working on my various saigas, but still.

The real issue would be market share. How big is the potential market of a S12 type shotgun. I have seen more and more over the years as awareness and interest grows in this shotgun. I also believe that the after market support provided by many of the vendors here has increased the interest in and desirability of these guns. That said it might not make financial sense for a major manufacturer to tool up and build them. Particularly if they are turning more of a profit producing cheaper pump guns. It would be interesting to know the volume of S12 sales. A domestic S12 could be vary interesting, particularly if they did it right.

Edited by Zambidis

From communication with Clyde Woods, RAAC:

I knew that the factory was having some problems with money. I did not know they were close to bankruptcy. We are business as usual here with products in inventory and also products ready to be shipped from Russia as needed. First time we have ever been in a position where we had Saiga's in stock or close. We hope the economy gets better to let us expand our market for the Saigas. Also some new products are coming soon.

I guess someone needs to give Clyde a lesson in marketing ........How are we going to get a good wave of "Panic Buying going" if he tells people things are OK................rolleyes.gif

Glad it's still business as usual...................

From communication with Clyde Woods, RAAC:

I knew that the factory was having some problems with money. I did not know they were close to bankruptcy. We are business as usual here with products in inventory and also products ready to be shipped from Russia as needed. First time we have ever been in a position where we had Saiga's in stock or close. We hope the economy gets better to let us expand our market for the Saigas. Also some new products are coming soon.

Debt does horrible things to any business. Izmash could be making money hand over fist, but debtors usually claim priority on repayment over supply chain, wages, and everything else. At a certain point, debt trumps shareholders... which is what happened in my company where we are today a company powered by who holds the most debt. As long as they're making money BEFORE debt repayments, I'd bet that someone restructures the factory and things'll continue. The problem might arise when some bean counter starts looking at supply chain and goes, "Hey, if we drop this material from quality X at price X to quality Y at a lower price..." They think they can produce the same product with less expense.

These things are fun though... in a different universe, I'd go and offer to buy exclusive production rights in the USA and license the Saiga. RAAC and Cadiz - you guys looking for the silver lining?

they should find the biggest baddest jewish attorney in manhatten and sick them on the other factories that dont have licensing contracts with them. Hell, all they need to do is remind Israel that they had a HUGE hand in wiping the nazis out.

Aside from the offense nature of the first half of that statement the second half shows a server lack of knowledge concerning the history of Jews in Russia. Try googling "pogrom" that should at least get you started. Further the red army killed its fair share of Jews.

:huh: Yeah it was kind of a racist/asshat comment. :huh:

So from what I gathered the Molot factory (Izhmash owned) is shut down completely and their primary factory in Izhevsk is only producing 2 days a week. Since Russia bailed out other arms makers (like Sukhoi)I have no doubt they will never allow Izhmash to end production for good. I really hope that small orders like the ones RAA and Arsenal has are honored before any restructuring.