Iran Crashes Only AWACS Plane During Parade

http://www2.debka.com/headline.php?hid=6280

"Tehran hired Russian technicians to carry out renovations and install up-to-date radar. At the launching ceremony of the upgraded AWACS, Air Force commander Brig. Gen. Ahmad Miqani boasted its new radar systems were made in Iran and able to spot any airplane or missile at a distance of 1,000 kilometers from Iran's borders."

Oopps, must be farsighted as it didn't see the other plane less than a mile away.

Craziness. But something's not quite right in the way the story is told, IMO. The Il-76 is much bigger, slower, heavier, and less maneuverable than an F-15. If anyone could/should have avoided the collision, it would almost certainly have been the fighter plane, not the AWACS.

Not if Mossad had a pilot in the F15. Any word whether or not the fighter pilot ejected, and was subsequently whisked away by an Israeli chopper?

lol...

WS

Craziness. But something's not quite right in the way the story is told, IMO. The Il-76 is much bigger, slower, heavier, and less maneuverable than an F-15. If anyone could/should have avoided the collision, it would almost certainly have been the fighter plane, not the AWACS.

raftman:> They were F-5's not F-15's. Iran flys F-5's and F-14's as well as some MIG 29's and assorted French legacy fighters.

Waffen:> As for the Pilots, both ejected and are OK. I suspect that Israel will still not attack unless similar accidents occur with Iran's S-300 systems. Those systems can target lots of F-16's/F-15's simultaneously, which means Netanyahu is unlikely to commit as Israel fields no stealth fighters or bombers.

raftman:> They were F-5's not F-15's. Iran flys F-5's and F-14's as well as some MIG 29's and assorted French legacy fighters.

Waffen:> As for the Pilots, both ejected and are OK. I suspect that Israel will still not attack unless similar accidents occur with Iran's S-300 systems. Those systems can target lots of F-16's/F-15's simultaneously, which means Netanyahu is unlikely to commit as Israel fields no stealth fighters or bombers.

Sorry, misread the article. I did think the notion of Iran flying F-15's seemed a bit strange.

Respectfully disagree. I don't care how many AA installations the Iranians have. If Israel believes the Iranians intend to target it with nuclear weapons, they WILL go in and destroy Iran's installations. Count on it.

News flash on FOX. Iran has just admitted that it does have a previously secret facility in which it is enriching weapons grade uranium. They got caught red handed.

Don't underestimate Israel. They probably leaked the intelligence to help make their case...

Digressing.... Why is it that while TV Journalist Major Garret can apparently pronounce every other word in the English language - he has difficulty with the word "nuclear", which he pronounces "nukular"? Sorry. This is irritates me as it makes otherwise intelligent and articulate individuals appear as if they suddenly become brain damaged with respect to this one word.

My late father, an appalachian boy who started his military carrer as a flight instructor and went on become an A-Bomb jockey, had no problem pronouncing nuclear (or anything else) in his West Virginia drawl. Prior to 2000 I rarely ever heard nuclear pronounced nukular (a distinct Bushism), except by simpletons, ignoratti, the mentally challenged, and our former president.

No, I'm not disparaging President Bush. I voted for him even though he did sound like an idiot when he pronounced the word "nuclear", and sometimes said "merkin"( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin )instead of American.

I hope that as a nation we are able to re learn to pronounce nuclear correctly, so that others engaged in conversation with us can take us seriously.

OK. I'm done with my rant.

WS

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

The Lord truly does work in mysterious...... And hilarious ways.

...., which means Netanyahu is unlikely to commit as Israel fields no stealth fighters or bombers.

post-19652-12539076024315.gif

Now wait just a minute there!!

post-19652-12539081007376_thumb.jpg

We will address this comment soon enough I believe. :up:

post-19652-12539078152206_thumb.jpg

If you haven't figured it out yet...

The U.S. would go to war for Israel in a heartbeat.

Obama or Nobama.

Edited by Paulyski

...., which means Netanyahu is unlikely to commit as Israel fields no stealth fighters or bombers.

Obama or Nobama.

I disagree completely.

(Hopefully you don't think I'm picking on you)

Israel will be given enough support in money, arms, and intelligence to kick anybody's ass. But don't count on us sending troops to fight a war for them. It would cause an escalation that no one wants.

• Like 1

No, I'm not disparaging President Bush. I voted for him even though he did sound like an idiot when he pronounced the word "nuclear", and sometimes said "merkin"( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin )instead of American.

So, (taking this to the next logical step), how come our current President can't seem to pronounce the word "Taliban?" It's always "Tally-ban" when he tries to pronounce it. :rolleyes:

Lord knows he's probably close to the truth there with them sticking their Tally-ban-wackers into each other (and the nearest submissive camel thinking of their hideous wives in a tent somewhere back home) in some fucked-up hidden cave in the mountains of Afghanistan. :eek:

And what the fuck is this new "adversment" shit used by the Yuppies now? It's been pronounces "AD-VER-TISE-MENT" for as long as I can remember. Fucking "Advo's" is even worse. It's pretty poor when you feel like smacking some fake intelligentsia bitch in her mouth in some checkout line somewhere. :angry2:

The guy made that boast and not only did it crash into another plane, the plane that destroyed it was an American-made plane...and then it crashed into an islamic national monument? Poetic to say the least...

There really really is a GOD :super::ph34r::chris::lolol::angel:

So, (taking this to the next logical step), how come our current President can't seem to pronounce the word "Taliban?" It's always "Tally-ban" when he tries to pronounce it. :rolleyes:

Lord knows he's probably close to the truth there with them sticking their Tally-ban-wackers into each other (and the nearest submissive camel thinking of their hideous wives in a tent somewhere back home) in some fucked-up hidden cave in the mountains of Afghanistan. :eek:

And what the fuck is this new "adversment" shit used by the Yuppies now? It's been pronounces "AD-VER-TISE-MENT" for as long as I can remember. Fucking "Advo's" is even worse. It's pretty poor when you feel like smacking some fake intelligentsia bitch in her mouth in some checkout line somewhere. :angry2:

Simple. He obviously speaks better Farsi.

EOM

Ws

Obama or Nobama.

I disagree completely.

(Hopefully you don't think I'm picking on you)

Israel will be given enough support in money, arms, and intelligence to kick anybody's ass. But don't count on us sending troops to fight a war for them. It would cause an escalation that no one wants.

No worries, But it wouldn't be fighting a war "for" them. That is what we're doing in Iraq. If Israel had participated in that one, the Arabs would have united, rather than Sunni & Shiite killing eachother for us. The stage has now been set.

We will be fighting a war with them.

Respectfully disagree. I don't care how many AA installations the Iranians have. If Israel believes the Iranians intend to target it with nuclear weapons, they WILL go in and destroy Iran's installations. Count on it.

News flash on FOX. Iran has just admitted that it does have a previously secret facility in which it is enriching weapons grade uranium. They got caught red handed.

Don't underestimate Israel. They probably leaked the intelligence to help make their case...

Digressing.... Why is it that while TV Journalist Major Garret can apparently pronounce every other word in the English language - he has difficulty with the word "nuclear", which he pronounces "nukular"? Sorry. This is irritates me as it makes otherwise intelligent and articulate individuals appear as if they suddenly become brain damaged with respect to this one word.

My late father, an appalachian boy who started his military carrer as a flight instructor and went on become an A-Bomb jockey, had no problem pronouncing nuclear (or anything else) in his West Virginia drawl. Prior to 2000 I rarely ever heard nuclear pronounced nukular (a distinct Bushism), except by simpletons, ignoratti, the mentally challenged, and our former president.

I hope that as a nation we are able to re learn to pronounce nuclear correctly, so that others engaged in conversation with us can take us seriously.

WS

Disagree all you want Israel lacks the capability to destroy the entire program, and those facilities it could destroy would mean the loss of a lot of its fighter/bomber fleet. Of the Western countries only the US or GB have that capability. The 4th generation fighters flown by Israel would get shredded by the s-300's. I mean Netanyahu is not going to attack if he has a realistic loss of half his committed fighters. Its just not gonna happen.

WS

Disagree all you want Israel lacks the capability to destroy the entire program, and those facilities it could destroy would mean the loss of a lot of its fighter/bomber fleet. Of the Western countries only the US or GB have that capability. The 4th generation fighters flown by Israel would get shredded by the s-300's. I mean Netanyahu is not going to attack if he has a realistic loss of half his committed fighters. Its just not gonna happen.

This is how it works at my house....If you're my neighbor and you threaten me, I'm going to keep a close eye on you. If one day I see you with a can of gas coming toward my property, you're fucked :killer: you're going down with maximum force before you get the chance to burn my family up. Don't be so sure that they wouldn't use a nuke, I would! Besides, that might give pause to the rest of the fuckers in the world that are like them.

My .02

The guy made that boast and not only did it crash into another plane, the plane that destroyed it was an American-made plane...and then it crashed into an islamic national monument? Poetic to say the least...

That proves that G-d is mightier than Allah and is protecting humanity from their barbarism. This makes it easier for Israel to strike at Iran's nuclear facilities.