The ammunition measure, AB962, requires that vendors make ammunition accessible to customers only with the assistance of an employee, such as behind the counter or locked in a cabinet. It also requires that vendors collect personal information of people buying ammunition and keep a log of the sales.

This is a very simple bill that provides protection for communities and families but does not encumber those who desire to buy ammunition anymore than buying cans of paint, laughing gas, ephedrine and other products," said Sen. Gilbert Cedillo, D-Los Angeles.

Lawmakers opposing the measure raised doubts that the new restrictions would have any impact on crime or gun violence.

"The only people who are going to abide by this law are the ones you aren't going to have any problems with anyway," said Sen. Robert Dutton, R-Rancho Cucamonga (San Bernardino County).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/11/MN1R19LIME.DTL

Sweet, I'm gonna start up a blackmarket for ammo in Kommiefornia.

Alternatively, don't bother going into that shitty state solely for the purpose of violating their asinine laws, when you can operate a "white" market just across the border in the US. Arizona respects the right to bear arms, and anything that encourages residents of kalifornia to spend their money outside of that state is fine by me.

Their next step will be to cry about budget shortfalls and how much it is costing to keep track of the paperwork and then they will then charge a "processing fee" every time someone buys ammo. So to buy a $3 box of .22 ammo, you will have a "processing fee" in addition to the overtaxed and inflated price of the ammo itself. I am willing to bet within 2 years this will happen!

This will continue to help the retailers here in Reno as a lot of Sacramento area residents make the majority of their ammo purchases over here anyway. I am sure the Arizona and Oregon folks are experiencing the same thing.

This will continue to help the retailers here in Reno as a lot of Sacramento area residents make the majority of their ammo purchases over here anyway. I am sure the Arizona and Oregon folks are experiencing the same thing.

Yeah it's amazing how generous California is being with this interstate economic stimulus bill. You'd think with California's budget problems they wouldn't be able to help out their neighbors so much. :P

I can always count on California's idiot legislators for a good laugh. I like the quote from state senator Cedillo, where he says this bill just makes the ammo sales law like the sales laws for completely unrelated commodities (paint and ephedrine, give me a break, what in the hell do they have to do with ammo?). The part of the law that requires ammo to be behind the counter, rather than having the ammo on the shelves where the customer can pick it up and bring it to the sales counter themselves, is the funniest because it's so utterly pointless. Its too bad the citizens of California have to deal with these non-sensical laws though. I hope they eventually boot these nutjob legislators out of office and get these pointless laws repealed, but unfortunately it looks like it will be a long time before that (if ever) happens.

Their next step will be to cry about budget shortfalls and how much it is costing to keep track of the paperwork and then they will then charge a "processing fee" every time someone buys ammo. So to buy a $3 box of .22 ammo, you will have a "processing fee" in addition to the overtaxed and inflated price of the ammo itself. I am willing to bet within 2 years this will happen!

Remember, Kalifornia is the barometer of the country! What happens there will fan out everywhere. But:

It won't matter once national health care passes! They will "have to" ban ammunition as a cost containment measure. (don't forget this is the only answer they have for how national health care will work, cost reduction!) Oh, did I also mention that all guns will have to be banned to contain costs as well and this will not require ratifying the constitution! The health care thing defies the constitutional amendments as well!

I think I have a hangover now.:sadam:

I just wish that I could convince the old Coot that has a shop a few miles from me to load up ALL his ammo and let's go west, Old Man. Set up just outside the state lines, with a nice little store and sell the hell out of ammo. All he'll tell me about what he has, is it's more than 7 figures and "may" be less than 8, all mil surplus, in popular calibers. I bought 2 , 5 gallon buckets of .223 brass off him for $100.00, but the mil surplus stuff, he wants premium price. I've seen some of his stash, and it's still in the crates, when he opened the door and turned on the lights in his "warehouse", he looked at me and said "don't that just make your pecker stick out". I like to have shit on myself, he even had a machine that he said would load 3-4K rounds per hour, if I wanted to buy it, ain't got no idea if he was bs'ing or not about it, but YEP, I left with a woody. Crazy old Coot is fun to talk to though, and I can always go by there and dream. :)

In relation to Californian's buying ammo in NV...I live about 20-30 minutes from the Washington-Idaho boarder. Ciggaretts in WA have, as long as I have been here, been twice the price of ciggaretts in Idaho so we always use to make smoke runs across the boarder. At one point the police tried to arrest/ticketr people and confiscate there smokes for doing this...I'm not quite sure as I never got caught but it was in the paper and on the news for awhile.... In the end it turned out to be a violation of the commerce clause of the constitution for interstate commerce...

As a former California and Bay Area resident living outside the state I say "sigh". But that article was written on 9-12-09. I already emailed the Governor about the bill. It was my understanding that it was on his desk awaiting his signature or veto. I do apologize if I read it wrong and he already signed it.

I have a modest suggestion:

Whereas the State of California is now bankrupt, and has proved that it cannot manage it's affairs or provide reasonable governance for the citizens of California, I hereby submit that it is in violation of it's charter of Statehood and should revert IMMEDIATELY to territorial status. Representation in the General Congress to be canceled immediately, as well as all State Government elective offices, and the Territory of California to be governed by an appointed Territorial Governor until such time as honest and competent governance can be restored through the implementation of a new Constitution based on the rule of law and the protection of the rights of it's citizens.

Whereas the State of California is now bankrupt, and has proved that it cannot manage it's affairs or provide reasonable governance for the citizens of California, I hereby submit that it is in violation of it's charter of Statehood and should revert IMMEDIATELY to territorial status. Representation in the General Congress to be canceled immediately, as well as all State Government elective offices, and the Territory of California to be governed by an appointed Territorial Governor until such time as honest and competent governance can be restored through the implementation of a new Constitution based on the rule of law and the protection of the rights of it's citizens.

Would be nice. It will be the only way that Botox bitch is going to leave anytime soon.

I second the motion.

WS

AMEN Brother!

Let's add NJ to that list!

What else could be done? They can't just be carried by red states forever.

California has been morally bankrupt for a long time, now they are also financially bankrupt as well. I lived in the LA area for eight years and hated the oppressive laws for everything. It got worse in 1989 with the so called assault weapon ban and worse after I moved away from the Land of Fruits and Nuts. Now the GoverNazi Arnold who made millions from shooting guns wants to ban them, no wonder that asshat is an in law of the Kennedy's. I'm glad I moved away from that police state.

Would be nice. It will be the only way that Botox bitch is going to leave anytime soon.

Keep her ass right there, that cunt might get the idea to show up here :o