Wife said I couldn't buy the barrel shroud...and as a matter of fact said I couldn't buy any more gun stuff...so I bought the UTG collapsible stock....You know the one with the egronomic grip. Should I have held out for the CAA collapsible stock?? Or just bought the Tapco collapsible stock??? Who knows how long it will be before I get the ok to spend money. What is the old saying...easier to beg for forgiveness then ask permission.

I have always liked the collapsible stocks since I had my AR...not to worry I will get a folder at some time when I know a ltttle more about what to look for. There are a ton of neat parts out there and I like the interchangability and just different configurations of this gun for my different moods. Woops I knew I should have waited vitamink it's a little late now....you know the day this saiga adventure began she had found out about a lasermax laser that I bought for my sig. She opened a box she thought contained bank checks and boom I was busted.

Edit: maybe even a bottom folder???

Edited by TO THE FLOOR IN A 63

I usually don't have an issue with anyone being angry about my purchases as my caa tube and magpul stock look similar enough to my tapco unit that it never raises an eyebrow. Maybe if you talk to greg at css he can start shipping you stuff in sneaky packages that she won't be inclined to open. Maybe get a box of Mobil 1 oil, empty it, and fill it with goodies.

Yes, you screwed up. You should have bought the Wife an S-.410! Get her addicted to your hobby and she will be a lot easier to get along with!

I agree in general principle, but... a real woman, (one worth marrying), should at least be able to handle a S-20.

My girl enjoys firing my S-12. I provide her targets, (thrown clays or "fun" targets like old printers), she destroys em, (while laughing), and asks for more!! :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

She claims to be able to handle a shotgun so with the recoil pad she can probably handle the s12...I just need to get her out during the week when the kid is gone to shoot it. Saying parts have been around since I have had the saiga wont work as my no parts ban has been in effect since I got the shotgun...I just need to keep her from seeing stuff when it arrives in the mail. But I like the idea of saying I traded for them. Now I just need to find someone local with an s12 both to shoot with and to "trade parts with"...or to accept my parts in the mail.

I don't like the whole lying to the wife thing. I also wouldn't like a wife who thought she could tell me what to do. If you're not being irresponsible (like spending your grocery money or not paying past due bills) when you are buying parts, then tell the wife to pack sand. She'll get over it. Women like to see how much control they can take/get in a relationship. When they get complete control (have you pussy wipped), they do one of two things. They get board and dump your ass or revel in the fact that they can tell you what to do any time they wish. So put your foot down and explain how your purchase isn't going to hurt her or your family's well being. Then go buy whatever you want, within reason of course.

But if you must maintain this feminine role in your relationship, have your purchases shipped to your business/friend's address.

• Like 1

I don't like the whole lying to the wife thing. I also wouldn't like a wife who thought she could tell me what to do. If you're not being irresponsible (like spending your grocery money or not paying past due bills) when you are buying parts, then tell the wife to pack sand. She'll get over it. Women like to see how much control they can take/get in a relationship. When they get complete control (have you pussy wipped), they do one of two things. They get board and dump your ass or revel in the fact that they can tell you what to do any time they wish. So put your foot down and explain how your purchase isn't going to hurt her or your family's well being. Then go buy whatever you want, within reason of course.

But if you must maintain this feminine role in your relationship, have your purchases shipped to your business/friend's address.

Oh I'm so fucked...she is a control freak. We are laying floor in the kitchen yesterday and while I'm asleep last night she paints the fireplace mantle black. oh I'm so fucked...But I have several strategies to deal with her: 1. Yes dear 2. I didn't hear that 3. I forgot and 4. what?? (playing dumb)....yeah I'm fucked.

edit: Oh I forgot number 5. I'm sorry (after the fact)

Oh I'm so fucked...she is a control freak. We are laying floor in the kitchen yesterday and while I'm asleep last night she paints the fireplace mantle black. oh I'm so fucked...But I have several strategies to deal with her: 1. Yes dear 2. I didn't hear that 3. I forgot and 4. what?? (playing dumb)....yeah I'm fucked.

edit: Oh I forgot number 5. I'm sorry (after the fact)

Painting the mantle black is worth at least some more gun accessories, if not an entire new gun!

this thread is too funny :lolol:

I feel bad for "To the Floor", I really do. My experience with this subject is limited to hiding shit from various girlfriends and telling them "too fucking bad, it's my money" when necessary.. so it's a bit tough to relate to his exact situation.

I've been engaged, (or nearly), a few times, but always broken it off before I walked the proverbial plank. Perhaps I'll have to learn to "compromise" with a silly, emotional, irrational woman eventually in order to not grow old alone, but I'm not there yet :killer:

Edited by post-apocalyptic

You ask "Did I screw up>"

The only answer is "Yes", you fucked up.

You need to take control of your life and your relationship. Either that or turn queer. You've got balls, dont'cha? Use 'em. Let the bitch know that a relationship is a two way street. 'Tis all about compromise. give a little, take a little.

Buy a gun, buy her a gold bracelet.

Buy her a vibrating toy, buy yerself a Magazine.

Compromize.

Life is a two way street.

She claims to be able to handle a shotgun so with the recoil pad she can probably handle the s12...I just need to get her out during the week when the kid is gone to shoot it. Saying parts have been around since I have had the saiga wont work as my no parts ban has been in effect since I got the shotgun...I just need to keep her from seeing stuff when it arrives in the mail. But I like the idea of saying I traded for them. Now I just need to find someone local with an s12 both to shoot with and to "trade parts with"...or to accept my parts in the mail.

Problem solved!! :D

Buy her a Tromix folder with the thick limbsaver pad.... So SHE can shoot! :rolleyes:

"But honey.. I bought it for you..." ;)

That way you don't have to lie...

If you ask people who have been married for decades how they stayed together so long, rarely will you hear the response; "By lieing to each other" :unsure:

Edit to add: Why not take the kid along? If you keep firearms taboo from kids, it will make them more intrigued & they will be more likely to play with (investigate) them when you are not around... Only then they will not know, or respect the power of what they are playing with.

Edited by Paulyski

Oh what can I say???? I like the black. Kind of a very high gloss black. But she doesn't like it and is talking about painting it white again...good luck with that...over that black. lol. Well I thought I pulled it off with a quick transport of my collapsable stock to the basement gun room after a mid day delivery. Only problem was inside the box was a 2 round saiga mag and not the collapsable stock. Reminds me to keep my eyes open.

Edit: Do I need to cut the tang with the tromix folder???

Your wife is mean. :(

Why a collapsible stock? Aren't folders legal in WA?

Yeah, thats insane, i wouldnt tolerate that kinda BS myself...Wives are replaceable...a good gun is hard to come by.

LOL yeah I am on wife #3...and I am ahead one gun.

Thats cool! im glad you atleast have a sense of humor about it, i wasnt trying to offend, ive just heard a lot of horror stories about what marriage can do to a man, and it honestly scares me!

I have been around the patch a few times.

you just need to live by one rule.

"every man should have as many wifes as he can find jobs for"

You a Mormon?? LOL!!!

• 2 months later...

This can be a double edged sword. I got my wife involved in shooting and now when we go to the range she looks at me and says " Is this all the ammo you brought? " after burning through 100 rnds 9mm, 100 rnds M1 Carbine, 50 12 gauge rnds through her coach gun. I mean keeping her supplied in ammo who has money for projects? Be very careful what you wish for because the LAW OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES will hit you in the wallet.