Is a Chaos tri rail "mall ninja?"

Easy enough, just give the nice man with the funny pen thingy your full and undivided attention, and it won't even be a bad memory.

Why does the n00b over here get the vibe that this one's gonna devolve into Fight Club territory?

I agree that being a mall ninja probably has more to do with attitude than equipment. I suppose there's a point where it overlaps, but it would depend on your tactical needs, or what we used to call our MENS (Mission Essential Need Statement) in the Military. Most of us didn't have 10 million lights, lasers, bipods or other redundant gear on our weapons. If we felt we needed a light, we'd have a light. If we felt we needed a vertical grip, we'd get that. Anything we weren't going to use was just added weight. "Travel light, freeze at night". LOL

There was usually at least one guy you'd see at the range that carried more stuff on his weapon than he needed. These "gear queers" were usually not Operators though. If they had to carry that extra weight 20 miles, I suspect they'd lose a lot of the stuff pretty quick.

So, is the Chaos tri rail "mall ninja"? I don't think so, as long as it's serving a purpose for you (vertical grip, light or whatever you decide you need). IMHO, if you get it (or any other accessory) and use it for something you actually NEED, then you're not a mall ninja. If you get it and load it down with stuff that might look cool, but probably never get used, you might just be a mall ninja. :ph34r:

Of course, this is just the view from my particular soapbox. Your view may vary.

Corbin

Corbin is totally right

Mall ninja sounds like the civilian equevalent of the imfomus and much dispised Toc-roach, Geardo, War Hero Fobbit, etc.... :lolol:

It's all mind set. If you need a 50 pound 9.8 KW death ray on your pea shooter do do your job that's cool. Have fun carrying it when you get dropped on the wrong LZ at 3am, 12 km from the target house and it's up hill both ways, in the sand with no air conditioning :haha:

Oh yeah there's no target houses to hit or LZs on the way to the Halo tournament :ded:

If you don't need it don't carrying it. Trying to look like a cool guy only makes you look dumb.

I want a chaos rail becaues it will serves a purpose on my gun.

Edited by Rusty truck

are you referring to the extra long mall ninja rails or the regular mall ninja rails? I already have your regular mall ninja rail, i would like to purchase the new extended super mega mall ninja top portion if possible. Can i purchase this with my baby gap gift card?

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckLMufuObQ&feature=related

I got you all beat. Please be sure to watch the whole video. I'm still laughing.

".....if your rifle jams...f*ck it...throw it"

Ah, I've learned so much from this master Sensei Mall Ninja. With a jammed rifle, "fuck it...throw it". Sensei further explains, "A lot of people keep their rifle on em. Unless you wanna die, you get rid of it". Pure tactical brilliance. :lolol:

I got you all beat. Please be sure to watch the whole video. I'm still laughing.

Try this one. But I warn you, you move your drink far away from your keybroad.

are you referring to the extra long mall ninja rails or the regular mall ninja rails? I already have your regular mall ninja rail, i would like to purchase the new extended super mega mall ninja top portion if possible. Can i purchase this with my baby gap gift card?

Soon grasshopper, soon. ;)

Episode 2 is even better! Check out the portable attack dog and the classic shoot & scoot!

@ about 40 secs in "97% of people who wear body armor survive, the other 8% is stupid" :lolol: 105% eh guess ninjas can't count.

Sadly, these guys will never be allowed into Elite Team fighting. :(

Apparently they haven't learned some of the lessons of the mall ninja. They don't throw away their rifle when it jams and they employ knife fighting technique that consists of more than a single stabbing motion. Those poor ignorant fools. :D

I just randomly came across this vid trailer on youtube. I wonder, have any of our resident military or law enforcement members taken this training?

• Like 1

I consider airsoft parts and chinese stuff "mall ninja." Well made American products like Chaos do not fit the bill IMO. Sure, the Porkypine can be considered silly. But it ain't no UTG or Leapers type stuff, and it isn't a Chinese clone of something, and it sure as hell isn't pot metal.

• Like 1