Thats GREAT!! Was just thinking a few days ago sure would be neat if another would come out. Be hard to ever be as good as the first one.But I;ll sure be watching it as soon as possible!! Puters not right so I cant get the link to work but will keep trying,....later,..JT.

I like the propaganda posters in that second clip... Almost makes one think... Closer to the truth than many may care to admit... :unsure:

Especially with how many T-bills the Chinese own of ours... They may want to get back some of their losses...

:smoke:

I like the propaganda posters in that second clip... Almost makes one think... Closer to the truth than many may care to admit... :unsure:

Especially with how many T-bills the Chinese own of ours... They may want to get back some of their losses...

You.........have a point. The only thing that would make this film great would be a shot of Nancy Peolosi meeting and greeting with the ChiCom leadership as a bunch of Americans were executed. She would just say we were racist and deserved it :angel:

You.........have a point. The only thing that would make this film great would be a shot of Nancy Peolosi meeting and greeting with the ChiCom leadership as a bunch of Americans were executed. She would just say we were racist and deserved it :angel:

Odd... I would have thought the executions would have gone the OTHER WAY... as the Chinese KNOW who really caused the dollar to tank... it wasnt the "bunch of Americans".... ( Well.. a CERTAIN elected bunch, maybe... )

Im juiced about this! Red Dawn is one of my favorite movies of all time, but is this supposed to be a remake or a sequel? In a "true remake" wouldnt they still be in Colorado/New Mexico area and fighting the Soviet & Cuban invasion? Im down for a sequel, but at least call it a sequel and not a remake...lol

any thoughts on this?

Im juiced about this! Red Dawn is one of my favorite movies of all time, but is this supposed to be a remake or a sequel? In a "true remake" wouldnt they still be in Colorado/New Mexico area and fighting the Soviet & Cuban invasion? Im down for a sequel, but at least call it a sequel and not a remake...lol

any thoughts on this?

It's a REMAKE...

Will be interesting to see if they have intellectual honesty and lay the blame at the door of liberals, (as The Watchmen did) or, make it about global warming or some such bullshit.

They will screw it up and superimpose some mushy love story on it. I mean a movie like Enemy at the Gate, the ultimate mano to mano macho sniper duel and the biggest battle in history got covered in love goo too. Don't get me started on Jude Law. Don't understand his appeal at all.

I remember sitting in the theater when the trailer for Red Dawn came on with those parachutes dropping from the sky. I GOTTA SEE THIS ONE!!!

Maybe it makes a difference in age but I most definitely remember when the Soviets were the boogie man worthy of serious attention and fear.

Hey, does anyone know whether Juggs is gonna volunteer as a background "extra" in the movie? Heck, dinzag could join him too (hell.... maybe dinzag could even find himself being a technical assistant or something, based on his knowledge of the AK family of weapons).

:P

I watched those videos on this thread the other day. I was like "Hell Ya!, Red Dawn!" :super: " WOLVERINES!!!"

I just saw this article and I figured I would share it with you guys.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h4kq-860fCB0J11y73pGafA7SMTwD9BLD8AG0

Edited by THE RIPPER

I watched those videos on this thread the other day. I was like "Hell Ya!, Red Dawn!" :super: " WOLVERINES!!!"

I just saw this article and I figured I would share it with you guys.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h4kq-860fCB0J11y73pGafA7SMTwD9BLD8AG0

Lovely...Red Dawn here we come...lol

At first I thought, "they're going to mess this up," but considering all the excessive comic book action movies lately--I greatly welcome Red Dawn.

I think they will be ok with the resistance part. If the movie is good or sucks--will depend on how well they address how the US was invaded/taken over. If they make the US military look like pussies or the takeover is too far fetched, I think they'll loose me for the rest of the movie.

At first I thought, "they're going to mess this up," but considering all the excessive comic book action movies lately--I greatly welcome Red Dawn.

I think they will be ok with the resistance part. If the movie is good or sucks--will depend on how well they address how the US was invaded/taken over. If they make the US military look like pussies or the takeover is too far fetched, I think they'll loose me for the rest of the movie.

Agreed. However, if you remember in the original, there wasnt a lot of U.S. soldiers seen in the movie to begin with.

After over-doing comic books, they switched to movies about toys like Transformers and GI Joe.

I can't wait for the Summer Action Packed Blockbuster "MY LITTLE PONY" starring Keanu Reeves and George Clooney!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

Agreed. However, if you remember in the original, there wasnt a lot of U.S. soldiers seen in the movie to begin with.

With the Cold War, it was easy to imagine a Russian invasion with the right circumstances. With Red Dawn 2010, they really need to explain/show how the Chinese are here with great detail.

In regard to US weapons. . .

True, but seeing a pair of Russian T-74's dueling with an M1A1 was pretty awesome. I don't think such a scene has been recreated since Red Dawn. The F-111 bombing the ridgeline, the early model Hind's. Red Dawn 1984 did a great job of replicating Russian stuff even by today's standards (probably more so).

With the Cold War, it was easy to imagine a Russian invasion with the right circumstances. With Red Dawn 2010, they really need to explain/show how the Chinese are here with great detail.

Cyber Warfare?

http://www.examiner.com/x-17537-Defense-Dept-Examiner~y2009m10d23-Cyber-war-with-China

Hit the power grids?

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/fullcomment/archive/2009/10/21/milton-maltz-turning-power-lines-into-battle-lines.aspx

Edited by THE RIPPER