I've day dreamed about an Anzio Ironworks 20mm DD registered Mag Fed bolt action rifle off and on since I was in high school. :angel:

20mmwith50a-1.jpg

20mm on left, 50bmg on the right.

The $10,000 price tag seems to be a stumbling block for me. :cryss:

Well for $1500 I can pick up a 30mm barrel off of the GAU-8 cannon from an A-10 warthog... :smoke:

barrel1.jpg

barrelcar.jpg

I want to try to build it into a 30mm version of the Anzio 20mm. :devil:

What about ammo...

Here

So my biggest problem is deciding... Electric fired, or percussion fired? A way to switch between the two.

This is gonna be fun :super:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ahhh yes, deployment... on my first right now. cant wait to see this beast finished...

I plan on posting a step by step, documenting the entire process ending in a range vid with me behind it.

Well it's a good thing I ain't married or the wife would kill me.   After a little negotiating with the seller he is willing to ship the barrel to Cobra's Customs for a grand total of $1500:haha:  

Posted Images

So that's what we were hiding from. We used to play Hide & Seek with the A-10s when I stationed at Ft. Polk. I'm glad it wasn't for real. Though at the time their IR sucked and they couldn't find us unless some noobie was out in the open with his jeep. Yes Jeep, that's how long ago it was, lol.

You WILL post pics of the finished project, PLEEEAAASSSE, lol.

So that's what we were hiding from. We used to play Hide & Seek with the A-10s when I stationed at Ft. Polk. I'm glad it wasn't for real. Though at the time their IR sucked and they couldn't find us unless some noobie was out in the open with his jeep. Yes Jeep, that's how long ago it was, lol.

You WILL post pics of the finished project, PLEEEAAASSSE, lol.

I plan on posting a step by step, documenting the entire process ending in a range vid with me behind it.

• Like 1

That's pretty sick what kind of round is that gr I mean I believe the 20mm is a 2300gr tungston and the Anzio is one sick rifle got to shoot one first hand I wish I had a better job to afford the cooler toys

PGU-15/B TP Target Practice

30mm Ammunition

pgu_15b.jpg

6500gr @ 3300 FPS

In other words just slightly under a pound traveling at 300 win mag velocities. :super:

However all bets are off once I start making my own projos and "hand" loading my own ammo.

So what are the nfa rules on large bore cannons? are you going to make that a shoulder fired toy or are you going to mount it to something? is the barrel smooth or rifled? that is going to be one bamf hunting rifle lol :killer: anyting on the other end of that is gona have its :f0ckers: shrink......... :eyes_droped:

Wow that's one hell of a round now what will you shoot it at I mean a car is like shooting threw kleenex with a 308 with the 20mm so wth I mean that thing would cut threw the car with no issue hehe but damn the fun to be had :)

Would the each round of ammo be considered a DD or jsut the weapon? Gonna use a Tapco stock? LOL

Just the weapon is a DD, ammo is only DD is it contains explosive. So I'll be sticking to Practice/Training ammo and my own "hand" loads.

I also got an e-mail back from the seller, barrel weighs 50-70 lbs. He hasn't weighed it and is guessing since he has moved it around his garage a few times.

My goal would be to build it with a total weight under 120lbs.

Well it's a good thing I ain't married or the wife would kill me.

After a little negotiating with the seller he is willing to ship the barrel to Cobra's Customs for a grand total of $1500:haha:

This project is officially a GO!!! :super:

• Like 1

Well it's a good thing I ain't married or the wife would kill me.

After a little negotiating with the seller he is willing to ship the barrel to Cobra's Customs for a grand total of $1500:haha:

This project is officially a GO!!! :super:

You're a sick sick man.....

post-1914-12572985654734_thumb.jpg

We'll have to change the jpg to include people that need to lob a pound of lead aaaaaaaaaaaalllllll the way across the township

• Like 1

This is gonna be TMF! Hey nice find Joe...lol! That's great!

Now the UPS dude is gonna be sure I'm a nutball...:lolol:

Oh did someone say rifling? Check out this rifling....

post-1293-12572995949504_thumb.jpg

And just because I can't stay out of the fun here...(KrisFox thanks BTW....this gave me something to smile about today! :up: )

Here a size comparrison...

post-1293-12572998663995_thumb.jpg

This is gonna be TMF! Hey nice find Joe...lol! That's great!

Now the UPS dude is gonna be sure I'm a nutball...:lolol:

Oh did someone say rifling? Check out this rifling....

post-1293-12572995949504_thumb.jpg

And just because I can't stay out of the fun here...(KrisFox thanks BTW....this gave me something to smile about today! :up: )

Here a size comparrison...

post-1293-12572998663995_thumb.jpg

That isn't the right pic for the 30mm.

The one in your pic is the "smaller" 30x97mm

30-1.jpg\

The barrel I'm getting is chambered in 30x173mm

The ones that are 4th and 5th from left to right.

30-2.jpg

Some more pics of "my" ammo.

ww%20-%2020mm%20APDS%20vulcan.JPG

30MM%20live%20target%20practice%20ammo%20precussion.jpg

pgu_14b.jpg

wm_30x173abm_pmc308.jpg

Maybe we need to change the name to "Cobras Customs and Artillery"... :super:

Edited by KrisFox

I may have a little more fuel to feed this fire...

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=122602

What we have for sale here is a Hispano Suiza 831L 30mm (30x170mm) Anti-Aircraft gun that was originally designed in 1962. This is a very rare gun and in fact this is the only know complete HS 831L known to be in the US and in private hands (I do know of another mount but it doesn't have the gun).

The gun can be moved by hand with the T&E wheels or under power using the joy stick. The mount has a rotary engine that powers the hydraulic which is used to power the gun (360 degree rotating and from -5 to 85 degrees in elevation). It's amazing how fast the gun moves under power and how easy it is to aim using the joy stick (this system does not float around like the M45C Quad mount). The optics on this mount are in perfect condition as well and very clear.

Here's a list of what is included with the HS831L 30mm cannon:

Complete 30mm Gun with feeder and hopper which holds 40 rounds of ammo

Complete Mount and Trailer (will also include the extra set of wheels to move the gun around by hand)

Armors Tool Chest which also has a lot of spare parts

Barrel Crate for the 8 foot fluted barrel

Bore Cover

Complete bore sight setup in original wooden case

Original manual on the sights and mount.

60 APDS-T Rounds LIVE (really rare and expensive ammo have sold this stuff between $100-$200 per round)

150 Virgin (never load) steel Cases

21lbs of M1 Super Slow Burn Powder

37 Cases with TP-T Projectiles pressed in and ready to pour powder in from the bottom

4 original Drill Rounds

15 Reloadable Primers still LIVE (these use .50 cal primers and a small black powder booster)

7 original APDS-T ammo cans which hold 15 rounds each

As for the condition of the setup, and mount is in excellent condition, engine runs great, and everything moves and operates perfect. The gun currently needs to be rebuilt as we had a round blow part of the bolt face off (guy we got the gun from did a crappie rebuild on the bolt face), so a lot of gas got into the gun which popped a few small rivets on the feeder and did a some damage to the top of the receiver section (fairly easy fixes). As of right now all that really needs to be done to get the gun up and running again is repair the bolt face, and then the gun would be a singe shoot cannon (currently registered as a select fire Post Sample MG).

Here's the deal, we originally had planed on fixing the gun but we just don't have the time, so this means the price is going to be much cheaper.

Here's how we are willing to sell the setup (everything listed above).

Option 1: $30k we demill the receiver (torch cut) and pull from the NFA registry and then the cannon will not even be considered a gun and you can do what ever you want with it (rebuild as a Post Sample, make single shoot, semi-auto, or just a dummy display gun).

Option 3: $30k and you get everything as it sits and the gun will transfer out as a Post Sample requiring a LE Demo Letter.

--------------------------------

Check out the link....I know it's a little rich for most of us but someone is going to get a NICE toy for Christmas! :wub: